GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 27, 2010

+15
Ev
CockRoche
Hockeyhero22000
Number Twenty Nine
rooneypoo
spader
PTFlea
SDH89
LeCaptain
asq2
cash
Flo The Action
Riprock
wprager
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Game Day: Toronto at Ottawa, Nov. 27, 2010

GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 27, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 27, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 27, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 27, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 10]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:Also, not that I can defend his start to the year, but Foligno's had moments/games where he's been all over the puck and really given the defenders fits in the offensive zone. Not only did Cheechoo not produce, but he didn't do a whole lot of anything else (though not for lack of effort). Granted, he was probably responsible for significantly fewer turn-overs. Foligno's gotta stop trying to imitate Kovalev and start lowering the shoulder and challenging defencemen physically.

Maybe. Its just me but I find our coachng staff is terrible in handling the younger players.

SDH89

Veteran
Veteran

Elliott starts - another great decision from Clouston.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Also, not that I can defend his start to the year, but Foligno's had moments/games where he's been all over the puck and really given the defenders fits in the offensive zone. Not only did Cheechoo not produce, but he didn't do a whole lot of anything else (though not for lack of effort). Granted, he was probably responsible for significantly fewer turn-overs. Foligno's gotta stop trying to imitate Kovalev and start lowering the shoulder and challenging defencemen physically.

I hate to say it, but same with Regin. Don't worry about trying to deke the entire team, it'll rarely work.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Forgot to mention in the first post (although it was obvious from the standings listed) that the Sens are just 2 points ahead of the Leafs, and Toronto holds 2 games in hand. Sabres are tied with the Sens at 21 points heading into their game against the Habs, but have played one more game.

In other words, this is a very important game, standings-wise.

Ottawa is just 4 points back of a playoff spot. Atlanta, having just shut out Montreal, holds down the 8th spot with 25 points. Carolina is a single point ahead of the Sens (but with a game in hand) in 9th.

You could have 5 teams within 5 points of the final playoff spot if the two teams chasing Atlanta who have a game in hand win it.

Yikes. That took me a minute to understand.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm okay with yesterday's loss, but if we lose this one, there's no excuses and something has to happen (something has to happen anyway, but it would *really* have to happen).

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

PP needs to click tonight, we usually get our fair share of PP time against these guys.

Sophomore
Sophomore

If your team does not have a chance to win the stanley cup, then as GM you are not doing your job. right now the Ottawa Senators do not have a chance to win the cup.

To do nothing is not an option for Murray.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

111519 wrote:If your team does not have a chance to win the stanley cup, then as GM you are not doing your job. right now the Ottawa Senators do not have a chance to win the cup.

*sigh

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

111519 wrote:If your team does not have a chance to win the stanley cup, then as GM you are not doing your job. right now the Ottawa Senators do not have a chance to win the cup.

Not sure what he can do right now if no one's trading. At least he set the D up for years to come hopefully. The goaltending too hopefully.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I'm okay with yesterday's loss, but if we lose this one, there's no excuses and something has to happen (something has to happen anyway, but it would *really* have to happen).

If we play the same kind of game tonight that we did last night, we'll come out with a win. We got jobbed pretty bad last game and deserved a better fate. That's the sort of thing that gets a team mad and motivated. As long as we get good goaltending and fair officiating, we could be headed for a blowout, honestly.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I'm okay with yesterday's loss, but if we lose this one, there's no excuses and something has to happen (something has to happen anyway, but it would *really* have to happen).

If we play the same kind of game tonight that we did last night, we'll come out with a win. We got jobbed pretty bad last game and deserved a better fate. That's the sort of thing that gets a team mad and motivated. As long as we get good goaltending and fair officiating, we could be headed for a blowout, honestly.

Yes, please.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:

I seriously expect a 3-0 lead in the first, no kidding.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

cash wrote:Cheechoo cost 3M and wasn't 23 years old. Pretty much an irrelevant comparison.

It wasn't a comparison. It was a superposition Sarcasm

Facepalm

I was not suggesting we keep Cheechoo over Foligno, just pointing out the depth of his current slump.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sorry, I have to disagree somewhat. Cheechoo always looked like he was trying. Foligno has had numerous games this year where it looked like he forgot that skating is part of the deal. Cheechoo also led the team in posts/crossbars, I think. Production-wise they were very similar, but, sorry, I was expecting quite a bit more from Foligno.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:Forgot to mention in the first post (although it was obvious from the standings listed) that the Sens are just 2 points ahead of the Leafs, and Toronto holds 2 games in hand. Sabres are tied with the Sens at 21 points heading into their game against the Habs, but have played one more game.

Ottawa is just 4 points back of a playoff spot. Atlanta, having just shut out Montreal, holds down the 8th spot with 25 points. Carolina is a single point ahead of the Sens (but with a game in hand) in 9th.

You could have 5 teams within 5 points of the final playoff spot if the two teams chasing Atlanta who have a game in hand win it.

Don't feel bad. Took me nearly as long to write Facepalm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

marakh wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

I seriously expect a 3-0 lead in the first, no kidding.

Well, I hope Karma owes the two of you, because, you know ...

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

Sorry, I have to disagree somewhat. Cheechoo always looked like he was trying. Foligno has had numerous games this year where it looked like he forgot that skating is part of the deal. Cheechoo also led the team in posts/crossbars, I think. Production-wise they were very similar, but, sorry, I was expecting quite a bit more from Foligno.

Really? That surprises me. I'm aware of Foligno every game. He drives hard and works his Donkey off in the corners and behind the net. I don't think its lack of effort that's stalling Foligno, though I'm not sure what the problem is.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
spader wrote:

Don't feel bad. Took me nearly as long to write Facepalm

I don't normally have to count on my fingers to read. Sarcasm Laughing3 Sarcasm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum