GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010

+13
Phoenix30
pegsensfan
smash88
Hayden
stempniaksen
SensHulk
PTFlea
SDH89
LeCaptain
Riprock
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Toronto @ Ottawa Mar 6, 2010

GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 Vote_lcap256%GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 Vote_rcap2 56% [ 5 ]
GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 Vote_lcap211%GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 1 ]
GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 Vote_lcap211%GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 1 ]
GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 Vote_lcap222%GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 Vote_rcap2 22% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 12]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010
GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 Large @GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 Large

It's a BoO on HNIC!

The Toronto Maple Leafs (19-32-12, last in the Northeast and last in the Eastern Conference) visit the Ottawa Senators (36-25-4, 2nd in the Northeast and 5th in the Eastern Conference) Saturday night. Another lackluster effort including two quick and easy ones on Leclaire saw the Sens fall 4-1 to the Canes on Thursday. Meanwhile the Leafs felt the wrath of Timmy T. in a hard fought Shoot-out loss to rival Boston at TD Gardens.

Ottawa really needs to straighten their game out or this could get ugly fast. Ottawa is now 3-5-0 in their last 8 games and would not only like to get off this 2 game slide but would love some revenge over the last BoO held in Toronto. This one should be fun to watch and there's still some seats left (Just under 1,250 at last check) and I encourage you to check it out. Adding a guy like Sutton to the BoO should really make this game chippy. I'm excited to see Sutton live and appreciate the 6'6" 245lb behemoth we have on D.

Game Coverage

TV: CBC (HD)
    Radio: Team 1200
    Web: check http://www.atdhe.net/ and http://www.justin.tv

Latest updates:

Team Lineups:

Ottawa
    Toronto

Game notes: to be added

TSN's Ice Chips: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=11009

Ottawa Key Injuries

D Filip Kuba (Lower body, day to day)
    F Nick Foligno (Broken leg, could return by mid March)
    D Chris Campoli (lower body, expected back mid March)

Toronto Key Injuries

Grabovski (broken wrist)

Game Day Previews:

Sportsnet.ca Game Day Preview: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/scores/20100306/Tor@Ott/story
    Ottawa Senators Game Day Preview: http://senators.nhl.com/club/preview.htm?id=2009020957
    NHL.com Game Day Preview: http://www.nhl.com/ice/preview.htm?id=2009020957
    TSN.ca Game Day Preview: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/scores/gameday/?hubname=nhl-senators
    ESPN Game Day Preview: http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/preview?gameId=300306014

ESPN Stats Comparison:
GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 Leafs%40Sens

Media Links:

Sens TV Online
    Official Twitter of the Ottawa Senators

GO SENS GO!!!

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:19 am; edited 3 times in total

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Methinks you're missing an end LIST tag somewhere.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I fixed the list tag (it was a spurious open LIST tag) but, man, you've got to turn BBcodes on when editing. It looks horrible! I know it's the browser you're using, but this is what it looks like (I'm inserting spaces to break up the tags):

[ color=#000000 ][ font=Verdana ][ color=#000000 ][ font=Verdana ][ b ][ color=#000000 ][ font=Verdana ]GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010[ /b ][ /font ][ /color ][ /font ][ /color ][ /font ][ /color ]
[ color=#000000 ][ font=Verdana ][ color=#000000 ][ font=Verdana ][ b ][ color=#000000 ][ font=Verdana ][ img ]http://cdn.nhl.com/mapleleafs/images/logos/large.png[ /img ] [ size=24 ]@[ /size ][ img ]http://cdn.nhl.com/senators/images/logos/large.png[ /img ][ /b ][ /font ][ /color ][ /font ][ /color ][ /font ][ /color ]

[ color=#000000 ][ font=Verdana ][ color=#000000 ][ font=Verdana ][ b ][ color=#000000 ][ font=Verdana ]It's a BoO on HNIC![ /b ][ /font ][ /color ][ /font ][ /color ][ /font ][ /color ]

[ color=#000000 ][ font=Verdana ][ color=#000000 ][ font=Verdana ][ color=#000000 ][ font=Verdana ][ color=#000000 ][ font=Verdana ]The Toronto Maple Leafs (19-32-12, last in the Northeast and last in the Eastern Conference) vist the Ottawa Senators (36-25-4, 1st in the Northeast and 3rd in the Eastern Conference) Saturday night. Another lacklustre effort including two quick and easy ones on Leclaire saw the Sens fall 4-1 to the Canes on Thursday. Meanwhile the Leafs felt the wrath of Timmy T. in a hard fought Shoot-out loss to rival Boston at TD Gardens.[ /font ][ /color ][ /font ][ /color ][ /font ][ /color ][ /font ][ /color ]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Methinks you're missing an end LIST tag somewhere.

Fixed?

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

All those extra tags -- I believe they add-up every time you re-edit them. It does not automatically merge the extra, unnecessary ones.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How does it look now? Are we good to go now? This is my last GDT until the next BoO.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By the way, I'm thinking we need a few polls as to what people really read in the GDTs. For me, for example, I always like the side-by-side stats comparison, but I hardly ever check any of the game-day previews. I like the IceChips info, except it's very inconsistent. The Injury report is always good to have, and the Latest Info, if there is any.

Actually, getting back to the game day previews, I think I'd read those if they were quoted in-line, as opposed to just putting in the links (and, no, it does not have to go in the 1st post).

Also, while the media links are nice, I hardly ever have the time to check them, but if someone would post a quick summary of what was being said I would read it for sure.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:How does it look now? Are we good to go now? This is my last GDT until the next BoO.

When you display the BBcodes ( click the last icon -- the one with the little A above the bigger A) you see all the extras. If you have a situation (like that extra LIST tag) then it becomes more difficult to find the problem.

But don't worry, I saved a GDT template to my desktop a while back and that's what I use. It has Shabbs' big @ symbol in it, as well Smile

Sorry, gotta go get the kids off to school and catch the bus.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I don't even know what to say. Leafs are going to embarrass the Sens at home. Sens have no compete. The last time OTT and CAR made a trade, btw, the first game they played after the trade they got beat and Corvo had a hattrick. So when the Sens tarde with the 'Canes, Ottawa loses.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Yep, pretty much. If they play like that it's gonna be over by the end of the 1st.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm not ready to concede defeat just yet. Toronto played a strong game against a team that has struggled for a large part of the season and still lost in a shoot-out.

If the Sens play like they have the last few games and the Leafs lay a beat down on us I'll start to get concerned that maybe the Sens 11 game run was nothing more than an anomaly.

Here's hoping we can turn this slide around vs. the hated rival Leafs. I'll try to stay positive for now.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I'm not ready to concede defeat just yet. Toronto played a strong game against a team that has struggled for a large part of the season and still lost in a shoot-out.

If the Sens play like they have the last few games and the Leafs lay a beat down on us I'll start to get concerned that maybe the Sens 11 game run was nothing more than an anomaly.

Here's hoping we can turn this slide around vs. the hated rival Leafs. I'll try to stay positive for now.

Problem is the Leafs are pretty much mathematically eliminated (if they win out the remaining 19 games they end up with 88 points, and probably 4-6 out of 8th). So this is when they don't have anything to play for, and they start rallying. It's odd, but it's been their MO for a while.

I'm worried.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

True, they have no 1st round picks, they can't make the playoffs, the only thing they can do is stop Ottawa from making the playoffs, which would be more satisfying that winning the cup for them GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 62136

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I'm not ready to concede defeat just yet. Toronto played a strong game against a team that has struggled for a large part of the season and still lost in a shoot-out.

IT's not like we have Tim Thomas in goal either Darn

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I will say this: If Ottawa plays like they are capable of playing then the Leafs can rally all they want because the Sens will still win. If the Sens play like they have over the last 2 games then I'll regret going to the game over getting more packing done and getting lots of sleep ahead of having to be at the airport for 4am on Monday.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 12]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum