GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010

+13
Phoenix30
pegsensfan
smash88
Hayden
stempniaksen
SensHulk
PTFlea
SDH89
LeCaptain
Riprock
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Toronto @ Ottawa Mar 6, 2010

GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_lcap256%GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 56% [ 5 ]
GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_lcap211%GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 1 ]
GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_lcap211%GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 1 ]
GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_lcap222%GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 22% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 12]

If by thinking, you mean looking at the video I posted and called you out on, yup, you did a lot of thinking. I didnt even give you that rep point, haha, that's the funny part.

AlfieisGod11 wrote:What last night comes down to is 2 points we should have had lost because of the g.d. flu!
Leclaire for the majority of the game played well. I'm not overly excited though because of the opponent having really only one forward who can score and how weak he looked during the shootout. Once Elliott is healthy again, and I'm Clouston, he starts.
I still have to give guys like Spezza, Fisher, Kovalev, Neil, etc. credit for keeping the game close. Playing with the flu cannot be easy. Personally, whenever I have the flu, I can barely move.
Volchenkov and Phillips, I'm assuming had the flu. They really have been playing below the standards I have become accustomed to.

Leclaire made a lot of good saves in that 3rd period man. That was the kind of game he needed to feel the puck, get into a game, and start to gain back a bit of confidence. There were a lot of in tight chances last night where he had to make a lot of good saves. It's important for Ottawa they have both goaltenders going if they want any kind of cup run.

Like you said, chalk the last 2 games up to the flu, see how they come out Tues night in Edmonton. That's a perfect game to determine if this team is totally bogus.

AlfieisGod11

Rookie
Rookie

N4L wrote:
AlfieisGod11 wrote:What last night comes down to is 2 points we should have had lost because of the g.d. flu!
Leclaire for the majority of the game played well. I'm not overly excited though because of the opponent having really only one forward who can score and how weak he looked during the shootout. Once Elliott is healthy again, and I'm Clouston, he starts.
I still have to give guys like Spezza, Fisher, Kovalev, Neil, etc. credit for keeping the game close. Playing with the flu cannot be easy. Personally, whenever I have the flu, I can barely move.
Volchenkov and Phillips, I'm assuming had the flu. They really have been playing below the standards I have become accustomed to.

Leclaire made a lot of good saves in that 3rd period man. That was the kind of game he needed to feel the puck, get into a game, and start to gain back a bit of confidence. There were a lot of in tight chances last night where he had to make a lot of good saves. It's important for Ottawa they have both goaltenders going if they want any kind of cup run.

Like you said, chalk the last 2 games up to the flu, see how they come out Tues night in Edmonton. That's a perfect game to determine if this team is totally bogus.

I don't think it matters who starts Tuesday night, but overall Leclaire is just one big disappointment IMO. He made some nice saves like you said, but he wasn't close to stopping Kessel or freaking Kulimen in the shootout.
I forgot to add in my original post that Cullen and Sutton played great. Cullen must have logged some serious minutes last night. These two were blocking shots like crazy during the penalty kills. The two new Sens are looking good!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

N4L wrote:If by thinking, you mean looking at the video I posted and called you out on, yup, you did a lot of thinking. I didnt even give you that rep point, haha, that's the funny part.

Come on, Neely, people make mistakes. No need to call it BS, just say "Actually he got a concussion on XXX" and be done with it.

You were completely ignoring the *main* point of his argument -- that Michalek is gun-shy after a concussion.

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:Sjoestrom and Mitchell done for the night. It'll be a short bench.

Color commentator said Kaberle is the only current Leaf player with playoff games. He must have meant playoff games as a Leaf. I'm pretty sure Giguere had a little post-season playing time. Phaneuf, too.

The only curretn Leaf to have played a playoff game with the Leafs.

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:
N4L wrote:If by thinking, you mean looking at the video I posted and called you out on, yup, you did a lot of thinking. I didnt even give you that rep point, haha, that's the funny part.

Come on, Neely, people make mistakes. No need to call it BS, just say "Actually he got a concussion on XXX" and be done with it.

You were completely ignoring the *main* point of his argument -- that Michalek is gun-shy after a concussion.

Clover's point was that Michalek was gun shy because it was his first concussion, N4L proved that it wasn't his first therefore debunking his theory.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Sens Season Ticket Holders Appreciation event (today) has been canceled due to the number of players sick with the flu. It must have been pretty bad last night.

AlfieisGod11 wrote:
N4L wrote:

I don't think it matters who starts Tuesday night, but overall Leclaire is just one big disappointment IMO. He made some nice saves like you said, but he wasn't close to stopping Kessel or freaking Kulimen in the shootout.
I forgot to add in my original post that Cullen and Sutton played great. Cullen must have logged some serious minutes last night. These two were blocking shots like crazy during the penalty kills. The two new Sens are looking good!

Meh, once the shootout comes out, I keep watching, but to me the game is over, win or lose. I think it's stupid, its pointless and the only saves that need to be made are during regulation and overtime.

The best possible scenario for The Sens both long and short term is Lecliare taking over that number 1 spot. I love Elliott and 100% believe he will at some point in his career be an all star and a true number 1, but he is the type of guy that a team like Chicago needs. A super cheap goaltender that can play in the number 1 position and is worth way more on the trade market then Leclaire would be. Both guys playing well short term is also so important.

Lehner wont be far off and the only real crappy thing with Leclaire is the fact he cant stay healthy.

wprager wrote:

He stated something that was 100% false. That's BS, just because I call him out doesnt make what I said an awful post. This guy calls out people completely, makes statements with no basis behind them, and is basically the guy no one wants around here. If anything, I would think about 95% of the main posters here were glad to see that little clip.

Anyways, besides that, Michalek is inconsistant in a big way, he's not going to get 50 goals and fact of the matter is he is still leading this team in scoring, working on the PK and PP, and he's playing fairly well.

Sophomore
Sophomore

I don't believe michalek is gun shy because of a hit. He goes after the puck and mixes it up average to anyone and I would still take him over heatley in a playoff run any day. If I was a SJ fan watching the olympics I would be a little nervous-there is 0 grit there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEiDeYEZK1k

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wow, you would seriously rather have a perennial 60-point player in Michlek than Dany Heatley in a playoff run? It would be one thing to compare Heatley to aonther elite player like Parise, who yes, I would rather have in aplyoff run. But to say you would rather have a 60-point, secondary player then a 50-goal sniper is odd to me...

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

The playoffs are a different beast. I'm not saying I would rather have Michalek over Heatley (although it would be up for debate) but there are guys that have made their careers in the playoffs (Claude Lemieux anyone?)

Some guys would do anything to win, I definitely don't get that vibe from Heatley.

Big Ev wrote:Wow, you would seriously rather have a perennial 60-point player in Michlek than Dany Heatley in a playoff run? It would be one thing to compare Heatley to aonther elite player like Parise, who yes, I would rather have in aplyoff run. But to say you would rather have a 60-point, secondary player then a 50-goal sniper is odd to me...
Count me in on the side that would rather have Michalek over Heatley in the playoffs. When the going gets tough, and the pace picks up both Heatley and Thornton will begin to disappear. Again.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Michalek = 16 points in 39 playoff games.

Heatley = 35 points in 34 playoff games.

Dont care about the points in the playoffs, most of those Heatley points were secondary assist on Spezza and Alfi goals. He was invisable most of the cup run in 07 when Alfi and Spezza were as hot as can be (yes Im praising Spezza, he usually has good playoffs).

Heatley is an absolute no show, makes about zero difference in the time he was here in the playoffs and I would much rather have a guy ready to do anything then a guy like Heatley who does just what he's good at. What he's good at doesnt work in the playoffs.

Heatley gets roughed up, he calls it in. The Sens nor will anyone else rip through a conferance like Ottawa did in 07 and light everyone up. (maybe Washington). Michalek will at least give you everything he has and more until the last second ticks off, that could very well be the difference between winning a game or a series come playoff time. Heatley, ya, he might be part of a blow out in the 1st round (doubtful) but he might, and he might get 10 points in 4 or 5 games, they you can pretty much bet on that Sharks team getting knocked out... so then what, he has 11 points in 10 games, 10 of those coming in a 4 game sweep? That's why stats dont tell nearly enough about a player, they tend to lie.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Spezza has 3 more goals than Heatley in the playoffs in 5 more games.

Dash wrote:Spezza has 3 more goals than Heatley in the playoffs in 5 more games.

Doesnt matter man, Spezza shows up in some different ways ( I cant believe Im defending him). Spezza is always front and center making plays, will actually drops the glvoes when needed (reg season), and can get involved in a gritty playoff game. Stop looking at the stats man, in the playoffs they can be totally skewed like they are in Heatley's case. It doesnt show the heartless, gutless effort he has always put in.

Like the old saying(s) go, stats lie and stats are also, indeed, for losers.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

My job here is done - I've got you praising Spezza.

There is probably a lot of upside for Michalek, but Heatley's a proven scorer, whether you like it or not. This post-season will obviously be a big defining factor for Heater to show he can produce in the playoffs on any team (the majority if not all of his games in the post-season came as a Senator).

I don't think you can blame him for failing as a leader either because SJ is not his team, that would be the Thornton's, the Marleau's and the Blake's and Boyle's.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum