GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 27, 2010

+15
Ev
CockRoche
Hockeyhero22000
Number Twenty Nine
rooneypoo
spader
PTFlea
SDH89
LeCaptain
asq2
cash
Flo The Action
Riprock
wprager
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Game Day: Toronto at Ottawa, Nov. 27, 2010

GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 27, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 27, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 27, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 27, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 10]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

marakh wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I'm okay with yesterday's loss, but if we lose this one, there's no excuses and something has to happen (something has to happen anyway, but it would *really* have to happen).

If we play the same kind of game tonight that we did last night, we'll come out with a win. We got jobbed pretty bad last game and deserved a better fate. That's the sort of thing that gets a team mad and motivated. As long as we get good goaltending and fair officiating, we could be headed for a blowout, honestly.

I seriously expect a 3-0 lead in the first, no kidding.

Well, I hope Karma owes the two of you, because, you know ...

spader

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
asq2 wrote:Also, not that I can defend his start to the year, but Foligno's had moments/games where he's been all over the puck and really given the defenders fits in the offensive zone. Not only did Cheechoo not produce, but he didn't do a whole lot of anything else (though not for lack of effort). Granted, he was probably responsible for significantly fewer turn-overs. Foligno's gotta stop trying to imitate Kovalev and start lowering the shoulder and challenging defencemen physically.

Sorry, I have to disagree somewhat. Cheechoo always looked like he was trying. Foligno has had numerous games this year where it looked like he forgot that skating is part of the deal. Cheechoo also led the team in posts/crossbars, I think. Production-wise they were very similar, but, sorry, I was expecting quite a bit more from Foligno.

Really? That surprises me. I'm aware of Foligno every game. He drives hard and works his Donkey off in the corners and behind the net. I don't think its lack of effort that's stalling Foligno, though I'm not sure what the problem is.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:Forgot to mention in the first post (although it was obvious from the standings listed) that the Sens are just 2 points ahead of the Leafs, and Toronto holds 2 games in hand. Sabres are tied with the Sens at 21 points heading into their game against the Habs, but have played one more game.

In other words, this is a very important game, standings-wise.

Ottawa is just 4 points back of a playoff spot. Atlanta, having just shut out Montreal, holds down the 8th spot with 25 points. Carolina is a single point ahead of the Sens (but with a game in hand) in 9th.

You could have 5 teams within 5 points of the final playoff spot if the two teams chasing Atlanta who have a game in hand win it.

Yikes. That took me a minute to understand.

Don't feel bad. Took me nearly as long to write Facepalm

I don't normally have to count on my fingers to read. Sarcasm Laughing3 Sarcasm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://video.senators.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=84875

Clouston said we've had a lot of games in a short time (back-to-back, 3 in 5 days) and Leclaire has faced a lot of rubber; that was part of the decision process for getting Elliott back in. He also said Carkern will replace Hale in the lineup.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://video.senators.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=84875

Reporter asks Michalek if his knee is 100%. The answer is "Yeah, it's good, it's good ... it's getting better every day."

So, umm, *not* 100%, from the sound of it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:
asq2 wrote:Also, not that I can defend his start to the year, but Foligno's had moments/games where he's been all over the puck and really given the defenders fits in the offensive zone. Not only did Cheechoo not produce, but he didn't do a whole lot of anything else (though not for lack of effort). Granted, he was probably responsible for significantly fewer turn-overs. Foligno's gotta stop trying to imitate Kovalev and start lowering the shoulder and challenging defencemen physically.

Sorry, I have to disagree somewhat. Cheechoo always looked like he was trying. Foligno has had numerous games this year where it looked like he forgot that skating is part of the deal. Cheechoo also led the team in posts/crossbars, I think. Production-wise they were very similar, but, sorry, I was expecting quite a bit more from Foligno.

Really? That surprises me. I'm aware of Foligno every game. He drives hard and works his Donkey off in the corners and behind the net. I don't think its lack of effort that's stalling Foligno, though I'm not sure what the problem is.

The times he continues to move his feet he draws penalties or creates chances. There have been many occasions when he would skate hard for a few strides, then cross the blue line and just coast. D-man simply skates him into the boards and the rush is over.

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

SDH89 wrote:Elliott starts - another great decision from Clouston.

Yeah that's confusing... Eyebrow

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:

I thought the same thing, actually (as prag). Cheechoo was often just too slow to be in the right position. Otherwise, I never really had any problem with his play. Foligno has been invisible or downright bad often enough.

I thought your earlier comment was an inference into the direction we should go with Foligno, i.e. get rid of him for whatever you can get. My mistake.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's like Foligno needs that constant reminder to move his feet, lower the shoulder, keep driving on *EVERY* shift, and not just when he's 0 for 23. He has decent size, very strong, OK hands and that bull mentality to sometimes go right through defensemen. But he's not going to do much if he is not moving those feet. It's like he needs that Roy Scheider moment in front of the mirror, *before* every shift, to say "Showtime!"

GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 27, 2010 - Page 3 7060056_gal

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

SDH89 wrote:Elliott starts - another great decision from Clouston.

WTF!!!!

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I'm trying to watch the video on TSN about Melnyk taking a shot at the Leafs.... internet is slow so I am struggling through it. Anyone catch it?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

"Anytime we play the leaflets... er the Leafs we love it"... that's what he said?! meh

He also discusses the Sens not playing well, saying that's not true and they are giving 150% effort and are healthy again...

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:"Anytime we play the leaflets... er the Leafs we love it"... that's what he said?! meh

He also discusses the Sens not playing well, saying that's not true and they are giving 150% effort and are healthy again...

I shook my head when, right after the "Leaflets" comment, he pauses and comments on his "joke". What a dork.

But ya, as Dash said, "meh".

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

It was a bad joke for sure... and TSN made it sound like he said something much worse.... I guess it worked since I watched it.

It could have been bad though, because if he laid down a challenge and his team loses, that is bad.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I don't understand it at all. Why give anyone extra motivation to stomp on a struggling team?

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Melnyk is a good owner to have, but I think he's at the cusp of our problems. I think there's alot of manipulation going on in the background. I can't wait to read Brian Murray's memoirs one of these days....

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I wouldn't be surprised that as the owner he has a lot of say as to what goes on and who stays or goes.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

It's really quiet around here.... a little "too quiet"....

still 1-0 for anyone not aware, but judging by the lack of activity, I assume people are watching the game intently?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum