GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Erik "Kid" Karlsson appreciation thread

+16
tim1_2
beerandsens
Ev
SensGirl11
TheAvatar
shabbs
Riprock
caissie_1
SeawaySensFan
M_Christopher
wprager
PKC
asq2
PTFlea
LeCaptain
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 9]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Karlsson is the better player, obviously. Consider this, the same people who brought you Erik Karlsson scouted Campoli for years before finally dealing a 1st rounder to get him.

They also scouted Mike Commodore. Enough said? The Erik "Kid" Karlsson appreciation thread - Page 3 159628

People were whining for more grit at the time and he happened to be our best defenseman when we had him. If not for his outrageous salary demands, he might still be a Senator.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
People were whining for more grit at the time and he happened to be our best defenseman when we had him. If not for his outrageous salary demands, he might still be a Senator.

Out best D-man? He blew IMO. Just was slow and crappy. Just my opinion, but Commodore never fit in here, so slow, so beatable to the outside, so not what I thought he was gonna be.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Out best D-man? He blew IMO. Just was slow and crappy. Just my opinion, but Commodore never fit in here, so slow, so beatable to the outside, so not what I thought he was gonna be.

I thought you said "Enough said". Now read what you wrote and tell me how you compare Commodore to Campoli.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
I thought you said "Enough said". Now read what you wrote and tell me how you compare Commodore to Campoli.

The Erik "Kid" Karlsson appreciation thread - Page 3 663118 Intriguing.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

The Erik "Kid" Karlsson appreciation thread - Page 3 663118 Intriguing.

Intriguing?!?

Like a fox!!!!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Commodore didn't fit in here, he got paid 2 million more than he was worth, while Campoli was a risk that could still potentially work out, but...I would say that Campoli was a rare misstep personally. A 1st round pick is a valuable thing to give up and I think the Sens were guilty of panicking for a puck mover at the time.

But as always with young D-men, it takes time to get a good read. One guy who was never gonna make it was Picard, I at least have some faith in Campoli.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Commodore didn't fit in here, he got paid 2 million more than he was worth, while Campoli was a risk that could still potentially work out, but...I would say that Campoli was a rare misstep personally. A 1st round pick is a valuable thing to give up and I think the Sens were guilty of panicking for a puck mover at the time.

But as always with young D-men, it takes time to get a good read. One guy who was never gonna make it was Picard, I at least have some faith in Campoli.

Yes they were. Just like they were panicking over lack of grit and character when they dealt for Commodore and Stillman.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

People are starting to stand up and take notice of Karlsson now. Ian Mendes tweeted that Edmonton and Calgary media were 'blown away' by Erik Karlsson.

Too bad he didn't start the year like this or he'd be in the running for the Calder for sure.

Rockon

SpezDispenser wrote:People are starting to stand up and take notice of Karlsson now. Ian Mendes tweeted that Edmonton and Calgary media were 'blown away' by Erik Karlsson.

Too bad he didn't start the year like this or he'd be in the running for the Calder for sure.

Rockon

You think? Just comparing defencemen alone, I don't think he touches Myers. Myers is already Buffalo's best offensive AND defensive defenceman. I think Karlsson will end up being better offensively, but Myers is a better all-around defenceman.

Matt Duchene is starting to pull away in the rookie scoring race (at least when I saw last a week ago or so). He's got to be the front runner.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:People are starting to stand up and take notice of Karlsson now. Ian Mendes tweeted that Edmonton and Calgary media were 'blown away' by Erik Karlsson.

Rockon

You think? Just comparing defencemen alone, I don't think he touches Myers. Myers is already Buffalo's best offensive AND defensive defenceman. I think Karlsson will end up being better offensively, but Myers is a better all-around defenceman.

Matt Duchene is starting to pull away in the rookie scoring race (at least when I saw last a week ago or so). He's got to be the front runner.

Maybe not actually with Howard, O'Reilly, Tavares, but he'd be mentioned in the conversation IMO.

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Rockon

Maybe not actually with Howard, O'Reilly, Tavares, but he'd be mentioned in the conversation IMO.

Is Tavares really in the running... I tought he only had like 2 goals in 24 games or something like that.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Matt Duchene is leading in both goals [23] and points [47] and is second in assists [24] behind Myers [27]. Tavares has 18 goals (3rd behind Bergfors [19]) and 36 points (tied for 2nd with Myers).

And Tuukka Rask is leading the GAA [2.11] and SV% [.928] categories amongst rookies, with Howard in 2nd (who has played 18 more games than Rask).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

caissie_1 wrote:Is Tavares really in the running... I tought he only had like 2 goals in 24 games or something like that.

He's somewhere in the top 5 or 6 I would say.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:Matt Duchene is leading in both goals [23] and points [47] and is second in assists [24] behind Myers [27]. Tavares has 18 goals (3rd behind Bergfors [19]) and 36 points (tied for 2nd with Myers).

And Tuukka Rask is leading the GAA [2.11] and SV% [.928] categories amongst rookies, with Howard in 2nd (who has played 18 more games than Rask).

They really should have 3 rookie awards -- forward, defenseman, goalie. Maybe have an MVR (most valuable rookie) as well, but it's just nearly impossible to compare forwards and goalies, or defensemen.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Awards are great, it's nice to be recognized, but they surely are affected heavily by politics, wouldn't you think? At least the NHL ones, hard to "fix" the Pearson award.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Loving Erik The Red's game these days. Disgusting skill set, DIRECTLY leads to winning games all the time. Beautiful passes on the PP, outlet passes = gold.

Two 3 point games in a week. This kid has officially arrived.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:Loving Erik The Red's game these days. Disgusting skill set, DIRECTLY leads to winning games all the time. Beautiful passes on the PP, outlet passes = gold.

Karlsson had a 2-point game last night... his assist on Spezza's goal was given to Alfie later on.

http://twitter.com/NHL_Sens/status/11366025878

Aflie had a 4-point night (4 assists).

NHL box score: http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2009021136

Still though... the kid is looking better and better.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Loving Erik The Red's game these days. Disgusting skill set, DIRECTLY leads to winning games all the time. Beautiful passes on the PP, outlet passes = gold.

Karlsson had a 2-point game last night... his assist on Spezza's goal was given to Alfie later on.

http://twitter.com/NHL_Sens/status/11366025878

Aflie had a 4-point night (4 assists).

NHL box score: http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2009021136

Still though... the kid is looking better and better.

Diddle man, I thought so. I thought I was mixing up the goals, but for sure it was Alfie to Cullen to Spezza. Still...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum