GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

alfie out 4-6 weeks (confirmed)

+8
cain69
dennycrane
PTFlea
shabbs
wprager
SeawaySensFan
PKC
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

46alfie out 4-6 weeks (confirmed) - Page 4 Empty Re: alfie out 4-6 weeks (confirmed) Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:23 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, out 4-6 weeks, Olympic participation could be affected...

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2009/12/26/12272416.html

47alfie out 4-6 weeks (confirmed) - Page 4 Empty Re: alfie out 4-6 weeks (confirmed) Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:46 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

See, that's what I was waiting for. Grade 3 separation, just like cloverleaf said. The return date is another matter. Given that it's Alfie, he could very well come back sooner that most people. We'll see.

48alfie out 4-6 weeks (confirmed) - Page 4 Empty Re: alfie out 4-6 weeks (confirmed) Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:05 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:So, out 4-6 weeks, Olympic participation could be affected...

Diddle the stupid Olympics. Diddle them. I care about MY team. Boo hoo hoo. Sad

49alfie out 4-6 weeks (confirmed) - Page 4 Empty Re: alfie out 4-6 weeks (confirmed) Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:07 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Apparently, there's a swedish media report stating that he will be ready for the Olympics. I forget where I saw it.

50alfie out 4-6 weeks (confirmed) - Page 4 Empty Re: alfie out 4-6 weeks (confirmed) Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:12 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:Apparently, there's a swedish media report stating that he will be ready for the Olympics. I forget where I saw it.
Ottawa Sun and a number of places were quoting that source this morning.

51alfie out 4-6 weeks (confirmed) - Page 4 Empty Re: alfie out 4-6 weeks (confirmed) Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:14 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:

Diddle the stupid Olympics. Diddle them. I care about MY team. Boo hoo hoo. alfie out 4-6 weeks (confirmed) - Page 4 Icon_sad

If you care about your team, then you care about the players on it, and you know Alfie wants to be at the Olympics. alfie out 4-6 weeks (confirmed) - Page 4 105237

52alfie out 4-6 weeks (confirmed) - Page 4 Empty Re: alfie out 4-6 weeks (confirmed) Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:17 pm

So just like I said, grade 3 seperation. And no way he comes back from that injury in 4 weeks. They are sugarcoating that. 6-8 weeks and because it is Alfie it will be 6.
Thanks goes out to my family member who is part of the senior management team. He will remain nameless. Happy now.

53alfie out 4-6 weeks (confirmed) - Page 4 Empty Re: alfie out 4-6 weeks (confirmed) Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:20 pm

You had the correct info 2 days before everybody but chose to ignore it for your own benefit. Some of you need to get off your horse

54alfie out 4-6 weeks (confirmed) - Page 4 Empty Re: alfie out 4-6 weeks (confirmed) Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:21 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:

Diddle the stupid Olympics. Diddle them. I care about MY team. Boo hoo hoo. Sad
Still bitter about Hasek?

Wink

Like Gohan said, supporting your team also means supporting the wishes of your team's players.

55alfie out 4-6 weeks (confirmed) - Page 4 Empty Re: alfie out 4-6 weeks (confirmed) Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:24 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

cloverleaf wrote:You had the correct info 2 days before everybody but chose to ignore it for your own benefit. Some of you need to get off your horse

Not sure who that was aimed at, but to be fair, you had zero credibility at the time you posted. Now you have some, don't blow it on being arrogant.

56alfie out 4-6 weeks (confirmed) - Page 4 Empty Re: alfie out 4-6 weeks (confirmed) Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:27 pm

The Montagoose

Prospect
Prospect

Ok so I just saw a replay of the hit. Can someone tell me why outside of a piggy back ride by Carkner right afterwards that no one did anything until the game was way out of hand. To me, the message sent was that the team is soft. If memory serves me correct that is now the 2nd time this year where Alfie was taken out and there was no payback. God help this team if they cant stand up for each other.

57alfie out 4-6 weeks (confirmed) - Page 4 Empty Re: alfie out 4-6 weeks (confirmed) Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:27 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:You had the correct info 2 days before everybody but chose to ignore it for your own benefit. Some of you need to get off your horse

Not sure who that was aimed at, but to be fair, you had zero credibility at the time you posted. Now you have some, don't blow it on being arrogant.
Agreed... a little bit of tact would go a long way.

58alfie out 4-6 weeks (confirmed) - Page 4 Empty Re: alfie out 4-6 weeks (confirmed) Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:30 pm

The Montagoose

Prospect
Prospect

wprager wrote:

From what I read so far he isnt far off of some things other posted and then bragged about.

59alfie out 4-6 weeks (confirmed) - Page 4 Empty Re: alfie out 4-6 weeks (confirmed) Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:30 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Also, you said 6-8 weeks and the current word from management is 4-6 weeks. I think the duration, more than whether or not it was a 3rd degree is what was being questioned. If he misses 6+ weeks they you are 100% vindicated, but if he's back after 5 weeks then maybe everyone will just leave you alone.

Point is, you were correct. No need to spoil it with attitude.

60alfie out 4-6 weeks (confirmed) - Page 4 Empty Re: alfie out 4-6 weeks (confirmed) Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:30 pm

My question would be, why start off by giving someone zero credibility? Why not start the other way? After getting treated the way I have been, why should I share any info I get from my relative with you guys? You had the correct info and chose to ignore it. These are honest questions and may may wanto look in the mirror before you answer.

61alfie out 4-6 weeks (confirmed) - Page 4 Empty Re: alfie out 4-6 weeks (confirmed) Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:32 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

In all fairness to cloverleaf, some of you guys were pretty tactless in your comments towards his posts and his information. Come on guys, be fair.

62alfie out 4-6 weeks (confirmed) - Page 4 Empty Re: alfie out 4-6 weeks (confirmed) Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:33 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Montagoose wrote:Ok so I just saw a replay of the hit. Can someone tell me why outside of a piggy back ride by Carkner right afterwards that no one did anything until the game was way out of hand. To me, the message sent was that the team is soft. If memory serves me correct that is now the 2nd time this year where Alfie was taken out and there was no payback. God help this team if they cant stand up for each other.

It happened on the PP and neither Carkner nor Neil were out there. Michalek jumped on him right away by Adams refused the invite. Other than the resulting PP they had from Michalek's roughing call, that was a bad decision since Carkner got him pretty good later on.

I don't think this was a case of the Sens being soft. Someone went after him immediately, and later in the game he had to answer the bell and got his clock rung.

63alfie out 4-6 weeks (confirmed) - Page 4 Empty Re: alfie out 4-6 weeks (confirmed) Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:34 pm

The Montagoose wrote:
wprager wrote:

From what I read so far he isnt far off of some things other posted and then bragged about.
Thank you Montagoose. They will soon understand about their goalies as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum