GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak"

+23
Phoenix30
SensHulk
Urkie
sidstu
rooneypoo
Devo
TheAvatar
spader
LeCaptain
Hoags
asq2
SDH89
SensGirl11
shabbs
Riprock
PTFlea
Vandelay
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
wprager
davetherave
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 29]

46Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 4 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:39 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Who is the last UFA Murray picked up during the regular season? Winchester? I don't see Murray doing much via free agency but I have been wrong before. Someone corrects me in 5 4 3...

Quite true - and there's another way of looking at this as well. If the Sens can turn things around and get back into it big time, they'll come together as a team, instead of a group of individuals. But if Murray takes that risk and remains status quo, then he runs the risk of being out of it by January 1st and it being too late to do anything.

At least at the deadline we can stockpile picks for guys like Picard, Campoli etc., but it will NOT look good on Murray if we miss the playoffs this year.

Which is why I'm sure moves are made well before then.

47Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 4 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:39 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

I can't imagine us missing the playoffs again this year. If we do, I'll personally go fire Murray myself.

48Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 4 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:47 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:I agree. At least you called him trash. I think some posters on here thought he was good when I first joined this site. Laughable I say.

I'll admit, I thought he could rebound.
Based on what? Because it certainly wasn't watching san Jose play the last 2 plus years

49Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 4 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:49 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Who is the last UFA Murray picked up during the regular season? Winchester? I don't see Murray doing much via free agency but I have been wrong before. Someone corrects me in 5 4 3...

Quite true - and there's another way of looking at this as well. If the Sens can turn things around and get back into it big time, they'll come together as a team, instead of a group of individuals. But if Murray takes that risk and remains status quo, then he runs the risk of being out of it by January 1st and it being too late to do anything.

At least at the deadline we can stockpile picks for guys like Picard, Campoli etc., but it will NOT look good on Murray if we miss the playoffs this year.

Which is why I'm sure moves are made well before then.

Church Lady confirms your hypothesis.

Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 4 Church10

50Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 4 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:50 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cloverleaf wrote:Based on what? Because it certainly wasn't watching san Jose play the last 2 plus years

I dunno. I knew he had had double sports hernia surgeries and I had heard that he was skating a heck of a lot better than he had in SJ - and that it was his time to start fresh. He obviously has the tools to put the puck in the net, so I thought that if he was healed and could skate again, then he'd be able to at least pot 20 with Spezza feeding him.

So far, I was wrong.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

OMG. Tyler Arnason is on waivers. Do we...do it? Ahhhhh! Sarcasm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:OMG. Tyler Arnason is on waivers. Do we...do it? Ahhhhh! Sarcasm
Hell no.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
Hell no.

Sarcasm Pout

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

How many players have been waived so far this week? Geez.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensGirl11 wrote:How many players have been waived so far this week? Geez.
Welcome to the Cap Crunch... not to be confused with Cap 'n Crunch.

Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 4 Capn

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Judging from the lack of Senators content on the waiver wire, I would say not enough! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ahhhhh!

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
Welcome to the Cap Crunch... not to be confused with Cap 'n Crunch.

Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 4 Capn

Cap'n Crunch is far more enjoyable.

- Unknown Author

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I think we need an upgrade on Campoli, a good top-4 offensive defenceman, moreso than any forward.

Part of our forward problem, IMO, is that certain guys who were going last season haven't been producing this season.

With that in mind, I think we should try:

Michalek - Spezza - Cheechoo
Kovalev - Regin - Alfredsson
Foligno - Fisher - Shannon
Ruutu - Kelly/Winchester - Neil
*Sorry Donovan

MSA is a great line, but it's a bit of an overload IMO. Since Spezza and 9MM are going on their own, I think they should be the ones to try to get Cheechoo going a bit, while Alfredsson could be paired with Kovalev, with Regin as a skilled, speedy, strong defensively guy in the middle. It sucks to take Fisher away from skill with him going so well, but FFS was a terrific line for us last season and it might get both of Foligno and Shannon going.

I'd rather try that than give up cap space and assets for a forward. On paper, that should be three pretty productive lines. What we need is someone to complement Kuba and put up some numbers on the back-end, since Campoli may not be cutting it and Karlsson wasn't entirely ready.

pretty much ^ someone should ask CC why he won't go with FFS?

SpezDispenser wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:I agree. At least you called him trash. I think some posters on here thought he was good when I first joined this site. Laughable I say.

I'll admit, I thought he could rebound.

I think we were all hopeful, but many of us were quite realistic, knowing full well that 25 would be a resounding success.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:Based on what? Because it certainly wasn't watching san Jose play the last 2 plus years

I dunno. I knew he had had double sports hernia surgeries and I had heard that he was skating a heck of a lot better than he had in SJ - and that it was his time to start fresh. He obviously has the tools to put the puck in the net, so I thought that if he was healed and could skate again, then he'd be able to at least pot 20 with Spezza feeding him.

So far, I was wrong.

Someone on HFBoards was claiming that Cheech is clearly in pain when he's playing, so he may not be out of the woods yet or he may have a new injury.

Dunno if its true but it might explain why he is sucking.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Diddle the forward Murray, give us a real defenseman to start.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum