GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak"

+23
Phoenix30
SensHulk
Urkie
sidstu
rooneypoo
Devo
TheAvatar
spader
LeCaptain
Hoags
asq2
SDH89
SensGirl11
shabbs
Riprock
PTFlea
Vandelay
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
wprager
davetherave
27 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 29]

1Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Empty Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:59 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

From this morning's Ottawa Citizen, this article by James Gordon:

Ottawa Senators general manager Bryan Murray is pleased with his team's performance this season, but he isn't done tinkering.

"We have to make a tweak if we can," Murray said Monday before heading to Toronto, where the National Hockey League's 30 general managers are meeting this week to discuss head shots, rule changes, equipment standards and maybe a deal or two.

"Very definitely, we have to find a way to get at least one more player here," he said,
acknowledging that player would probably be another forward. "I'm certainly going to investigate as we go forward here to see if there's anything more we can do, and at some point we'll figure out if we need to make a change."

The Senators are 7-5-2 this season, which places them in the playoff mix, but a few rungs below the upper echelon in the Eastern Conference. While its current record is OK, Ottawa started the season 6-2-2, but has struggled with inconsistency since.

They're scoring an average of three goals per game, which is good enough for 11th in the NHL, but another timely goal here or there would make a big difference.

"I'd like to see a little more scoring, obviously, and I think that's a general comment most managers would make around the league today," Murray said.

Another scoring forward would be a nice insurance policy too, given the Senators managed just three goals in two games without top centre Jason Spezza recently.

Full story:
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/have+player+Sens/2204692/story.html

---

GMH members no doubt have their ideas about who BM should add...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Or, just as important, whom to subtract:
...and at some point we'll figure out if we need to make a change

Obviously, since we are carrying 22 (or is it 23?) if we add another player we will have to drop someone. I'm a little surprised, though, that he is not talking about Defense. We need an upgrade over one of Campoli, Picard and Lee. One of those guys in our top three pairings is OK, I guess; having a second one as a 7th defenseman, perhaps; but having all three of them in the lineup is a recipe for failure. I realize that we're missing A-Train but, surely, we've got better choices in the minors. Stupid one-way contracts!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Carolina will come knocking, but they don't have much to offer either. Maybe the Ducks? Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" 105237 Should be interesting in the next few days.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:Carolina will come knocking, but they don't have much to offer either. Maybe the Ducks? Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" 105237 Should be interesting in the next few days.
alot of talks but i doubt anything manifests itself this early in the season... edmonton maybe? Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" 62136

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We're probably going to hear Murray say what his needs are all the way up to Trade Deadline. Then he'll say it was too pricey to get involved in the trade market and get some plug or late round draft pick for one of our bottom 6.

- Unknown Author

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

Cogs for Kelly???

While Penner got off to a hot start, Cogs has struggled, with just 7 points in 17 games. I hope to find a feed for the game tonight to get a good luck at this kid. I just know the Oil had very high hopes for him...apparently, he's got great foot speed and I'm sure he's more offensively gifted than Kelly...but unless there really is a lot of potential, I'd hate to lose Kelly's offensive abilities.

Anyway...mute point really....although it would be funny.

Cap'n Clutch wrote:We're probably going to hear Murray say what his needs are all the way up to Trade Deadline. Then he'll say it was too pricey to get involved in the trade market and get some plug or late round draft pick for one of our bottom 6.

I think Murray is better than Muckler. He made the deal to get Comrie and Stillman, which I would say was pretty aggressive. He also went the other way and got Leclaire and a pick (Lehner) for Vermette. Not too bad IMO.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I prefer to set my expectations very low. Smile

- Unknown Author

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

MurderOnIce wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:We're probably going to hear Murray say what his needs are all the way up to Trade Deadline. Then he'll say it was too pricey to get involved in the trade market and get some plug or late round draft pick for one of our bottom 6.

I think Murray is better than Muckler. He made the deal to get Comrie and Stillman, which I would say was pretty aggressive. He also went the other way and got Leclaire and a pick (Lehner) for Vermette. Not too bad IMO.

@MOI> Miro Satan on Murray's radar?

10Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:13 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah Dave, it would be a guy like Satan I think. Someone who badly wants this opportunity and has learned what is and what isn't stood for in the NHL these days (ie lazy playing etc.).

I would also toss my hat in the ring in thinking that this is a smokescreen - and that it's a big, uber-pissed D-man that Murray wants.

Or nothing at all. Laugh1

11Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:05 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I am already excited. We could move a defenceman and a forward and bring in one guy, or two.

12Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:15 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:I am already excited. We could move a defenceman and a forward and bring in one guy, or two.

Please goodness, let's move Picard and Cheechoo and get someone good. Ahhhhh!

13Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:17 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I suppose Cheechoo would have to be one of the names mentioned because of his pricetag and adding someone of value also usually carries a hefty tag, but I still like Cheechoo and he consistently works hard despite not showing up on the scoresheet. I think he needs to be with Spezza and Michalek.

14Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:18 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

If Winchester is a scratch, shouldn't we be concerned he is going to be moved?

15Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:20 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dash wrote:If Winchester is a scratch, shouldn't we be concerned he is going to be moved?
How do you shop a scratched player? I don't think you can read into that much.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 29]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum