GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Q & A with Bryan Murray

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Q & A with Bryan Murray Empty Q & A with Bryan Murray Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:23 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2009/09/09/10810466.html

"I expect more."

2Q & A with Bryan Murray Empty Re: Q & A with Bryan Murray Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:37 pm

The fact that he references Emery, Heatley, and the locker room issues all together has me convinced that this is causing the main rift between Alfie and Heatley.

3Q & A with Bryan Murray Empty Re: Q & A with Bryan Murray Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sounds like he's in the market for a nasty D-man - which would render Garrioch's rumour useless. But it sounds like he's looking to make a deal for some big arse dude.

4Q & A with Bryan Murray Empty Re: Q & A with Bryan Murray Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:54 pm

I hate the idea... Phillips, Volchenkov, Smith, and Kuba was just WAY too little mobility. I don't like that Murray didn't learn his lesson - Hartsburg notwithstanding...

5Q & A with Bryan Murray Empty Re: Q & A with Bryan Murray Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:00 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Big doesn't necessarly mean Stay at home though. BUrns anyone?

6Q & A with Bryan Murray Empty Re: Q & A with Bryan Murray Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:10 pm

byebye Karlsson then Q & A with Bryan Murray 42360 >> Q & A with Bryan Murray 605651 >> Q & A with Bryan Murray 428331

7Q & A with Bryan Murray Empty Re: Q & A with Bryan Murray Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:40 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cas wrote:I hate the idea... Phillips, Volchenkov, Smith, and Kuba was just WAY too little mobility. I don't like that Murray didn't learn his lesson - Hartsburg notwithstanding...

Smid's that guy, he can move the puck and skate too. It's an interesting little quote - good for chatter anyway. cool)

8Q & A with Bryan Murray Empty Re: Q & A with Bryan Murray Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cas wrote:byebye Karlsson then Q & A with Bryan Murray 42360 >> Q & A with Bryan Murray 605651 >> Q & A with Bryan Murray 428331

Bye bye to the AHL to get better while Burns patrolled our blue line. :drooling: I refuse to get back into the Burns speculation. I would adore that guy on our blue line.

9Q & A with Bryan Murray Empty Re: Q & A with Bryan Murray Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:03 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

cas wrote:byebye Karlsson then Q & A with Bryan Murray 42360 >> Q & A with Bryan Murray 605651 >> Q & A with Bryan Murray 428331

That would be the absolute dream scenario IMO.

Karlsson gets a chance to adapt to the physical rigours and length of a NA season by playing for Bingo, and has another year for physical maturation, potentially walking into the 2010-2011 season at 185lbs.

Burns becomes the third 6'5" top-4 defenceman potentially patrolling our blue-line for the next decade+.

10Q & A with Bryan Murray Empty Re: Q & A with Bryan Murray Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:03 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

Bye bye to the AHL to get better while Burns patrolled our blue line. Q & A with Bryan Murray 48959 I refuse to get back into the Burns speculation. I would adore that guy on our blue line.

And he's a right-handed shot.

11Q & A with Bryan Murray Empty Re: Q & A with Bryan Murray Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:22 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2009/09/09/10810466.html

"I expect more."

Hmm, that was pretty much my reaction to the article itself. Nothing new, nothing unexpected. Murray has a way of hiding his true emotions with a lot of very indirect words:

You can go down the list of almost every veteran guy on this team and I
would have felt they would have played a touch better than they did.

Yeah? Really? How about just saying it the way it was -- almost the entire team grossly underperformed last year. If it were possible most of them would get negative bonuses, including Murray himself, for hiring two coaches that had to be fired.

12Q & A with Bryan Murray Empty Re: Q & A with Bryan Murray Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:50 am

Karlsson will not play in Bingo this year. I don't know if it's public knowledge but apparently he and his agent have an agreement that if he doesn't make the NHL he will return to Frolunda to help lead the senior team and be an anchor on the PP

13Q & A with Bryan Murray Empty Re: Q & A with Bryan Murray Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:51 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dawg's Wife wrote:Karlsson will not play in Bingo this year. I don't know if it's public knowledge but apparently he and his agent have an agreement that if he doesn't make the NHL he will return to Frolunda to help lead the senior team and be an anchor on the PP
Yeah, he's made it clear for a while now that he'd rather go back to the SEL than play in Bingo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum