GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak"

+23
Phoenix30
SensHulk
Urkie
sidstu
rooneypoo
Devo
TheAvatar
spader
LeCaptain
Hoags
asq2
SDH89
SensGirl11
shabbs
Riprock
PTFlea
Vandelay
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
wprager
davetherave
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29

Go down  Message [Page 29 of 29]

421Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 29 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:57 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Kovalfie wrote:I don't know why he was taken off that line either. Probably to get Spezza going. All I know is we're one top-six away from being a good team again (offensively) again.

I'd love to see Murray make a move for Filatov

Yeah, we do need another top 6. I'm truly surprised by that to be honest. We need...a goal scorer. Crying

And a new defense.

422Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 29 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:59 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kovalfie wrote:I don't know why he was taken off that line either. Probably to get Spezza going. All I know is we're one top-six away from being a good team again (offensively) again.

I haven't seen anything to suggest Filatov might be on the market. Would probably cost us something pretty significant, though.

Since Regin has years to wait to crack the Top-2 if he hopes to play Center, I would offer him in that deal.

423Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 29 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:24 pm

When a guy with Filatov's skill level is being shipped to Russia, management would most likely listen to trade offers. Mind you, CBJ will need Filatov next year with with Modin and Torres being UFAs.

I guess with the pending Hawks signings we can expect to start hearing some crazy speculation (Campbell, Barker, Seabrooke, Sharp, Ladd)

424Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 29 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:28 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kovalfie wrote:When a guy with Filatov's skill level is being shipped to Russia, management would most likely listen to trade offers. Mind you, CBJ will need Filatov next year with with Modin and Torres being UFAs.

I guess with the pending Hawks signings we can expect to start hearing some crazy speculation (Campbell, Barker, Seabrooke, Sharp, Ladd)

We'll see how crazy it is when Soupy is an Ottawa Senator. Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 29 235689 Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 29 805406

425Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 29 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:29 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:

I haven't seen anything to suggest Filatov might be on the market. Would probably cost us something pretty significant, though.

Since Regin has years to wait to crack the Top-2 if he hopes to play Center, I would offer him in that deal.
Filatov isn't coming back to the NHL.

426Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 29 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:02 pm

jamvan wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Agreed.

Russian's love homegrown talent. Filatov sounds homesick, and will no doubt take the tax-free Russian ruples and be the next Russian star of the KHL.

Say hi to Gerbs for me. Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 29 489887

427Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 29 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:03 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Who is the current star of the KHL?

428Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 29 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:47 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Jagr, Yashin, Zherdev, Radulov are some candidates.

429Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 29 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:49 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

jamvan wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Gimme a break. This guy learned flawless English and came over to North America, and you think he's done because he'd rather play in the KHL than AHL?

430Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 29 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:49 pm

asq2 wrote:
jamvan wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Gimme a break. This guy learned flawless English and came over to North America, and you think he's done because he'd rather play in the KHL than AHL?

The thing he hasn't learned is how to fight through players with NHL calibre size, speed and skill. He doesn't seem to understand the compete level required to succeed as a small, skilled guy in this league. Perhaps he needs to watch some Marty St. Louis video?

That and Hitch tends to have issues with getting the best out of young players and accelrating their development. He hasn't seemed to be able to make those guys blossom. See young players in Philly as an example. They turned a corner after his departure.

431Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 29 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:25 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

He's done fine with Voracek and Brassard, and he's worked wonders with Nash.

I see this as not much of an issue. Filatov is not Alexander Nikulin or something.

432Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 29 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:32 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
TeamRenzo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:He had better. We didn't pay 5 million for a lazy 38 point man, we paid it for 65 points minimum and to make our power play top 5, not bottom 5.

He'd better get it going.

Caveat emptor!

We all knew what we were getting when we signed Kovalev, someone with an abundance of talent but comes up short on the effort side of things.

Nobody should be surprised!

All I'm saying is that he can be lazy all he wants, but I want a bare minimum of 65 points - and preferably 80 - and I want our PP to rank in the top 5.

Gretzky would not be able to put that team top 5 PP with that D.

433Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 29 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:45 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Of course Filatov is coming back. Anybody who knows him a little knows t his.

434Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 29 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:54 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Of course Filatov is coming back. Anybody who knows him a little knows t his.

Ask Prager. He's one of Filatov's homeboys.

So is Murray trading for Filatov, and who's going to Columbus?

435Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 29 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:32 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
marakh wrote:Of course Filatov is coming back. Anybody who knows him a little knows t his.

Ask Prager. He's one of Filatov's homeboys.

So is Murray trading for Filatov, and who's going to Columbus?

If Filatov is traded they would probably inquire the entire league for a top 2 defenseman before even calling Bryan Murray. I think they need a PP quarterback before Volchenkov.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 29 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum