GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak"

+23
Phoenix30
SensHulk
Urkie
sidstu
rooneypoo
Devo
TheAvatar
spader
LeCaptain
Hoags
asq2
SDH89
SensGirl11
shabbs
Riprock
PTFlea
Vandelay
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
wprager
davetherave
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 27 of 29]

391Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 27 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:48 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

14 MM? Is that M&M's Laughing3

392Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 27 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:49 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:
@Spez> IMO Murray's priorities center around the points I identified in my previous entry.

So Murray's challenge is twofold: how does he rebuild the Sens into a playoff team, and how does he deliver a product that attracts customers? As of today, according to this morning's Citizen, there were 3000 tickets unsold for Tuesday's game.

Whatever moves he makes, he is making with the knowledge that the team lost money last year, and he has to spend Melnyk's money wisely...especially with the 14MM that went out the window with a certain former Sens star.

Yeah, for sure. Right now he's sitting in his office wondering how he can make the fans buy into a 3 year program - and more importantly, how he can make Uncle Gene buy into it. Otherwise, very unfortunately, he won't be re-signed as GM this summer and all his great work will go to someone else.

393Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 27 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:50 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:14 MM? Is that M&M's

Damn straight. All colours, all flavours.
Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 27 62136 Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 27 62136 Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 27 62136

394Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 27 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:50 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
I still have to wonder though, why he didn't do it this summer. Was the Heatley fiasco really all that was on his mind??

He's been saying we need help back there for almost 2 years now and has yet to bring someone in that could help. Did he really think Karlsson would be good enough to do it this year? Kuba and Campoli? I'm guilty of thinking it, but he should know better.

He probably should have known better, yeah. But everyone was so caught up in an 18 year old kid being our saviour. And no one knew Campoli was going to blow chunks - same with Picard. I guess he was guilty of thinking we had enough hungry young players to do it - without a number one - something that we were all yelling about last year - and what changed? Nothing. Karlsson wasn't given the opportunity with Kuba, instead he had to play with Picard or whoever it was. That's not gonna work obviously. He should have been playing with Phillips until Kuba returned, but...CC is a good coach, I guess he saw it differently.

Any way you slice it, it was a long, horrendous summer and I think if BM had to do it all over again, he would take Michalek and Ehrhoff instead of Cheechoo.

And as of right now, he would have rather gnawed his arm off than sign Kovalev to 5 million per for 2 years. But that can still change to a positive.

I said at the start of the season I wasn't comfortable with our D going into the season. No one agreed with me. I will take my bow.

- Unknown Author

395Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 27 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
I said at the start of the season I wasn't comfortable with our D going into the season. No one agreed with me. I will take my bow.

Yay for you! Darn

396Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 27 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:53 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
davetherave wrote:
@Spez> IMO Murray's priorities center around the points I identified in my previous entry.

So Murray's challenge is twofold: how does he rebuild the Sens into a playoff team, and how does he deliver a product that attracts customers? As of today, according to this morning's Citizen, there were 3000 tickets unsold for Tuesday's game.

Whatever moves he makes, he is making with the knowledge that the team lost money last year, and he has to spend Melnyk's money wisely...especially with the 14MM that went out the window with a certain former Sens star.

Yeah, for sure. Right now he's sitting in his office wondering how he can make the fans buy into a 3 year program - and more importantly, how he can make Uncle Gene buy into it. Otherwise, very unfortunately, he won't be re-signed as GM this summer and all his great work will go to someone else.

Does that mean we win the Cup next summer? Or the following summer?

397Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 27 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
Does that mean we win the Cup next summer? Or the following summer?

I was thinking 3 years from the start of next season to be honest.

398Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 27 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:54 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm not happy about it to be sure. I'm even more unhappy that Murray really didn't do anything to address the Defense this season. If it's about putting butts in the seats and making money as DTR says then he needs to build a team that will provide wins. Obviously bringing in a big name like Kovalev has done little to improve the bottom line. Winning will improve that. Talking about bringing in another forward is just bizarre and possibly said to throw people off. Who knows with Murray.

- Unknown Author

399Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 27 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I'm not happy about it to be sure. I'm even more unhappy that Murray really didn't do anything to address the Defense this season. If it's about putting butts in the seats and making money as DTR says then he needs to build a team that will provide wins. Obviously bringing in a big name like Kovalev has done little to improve the bottom line. Winning will improve that. Talking about bringing in another forward is just bizarre and possibly said to throw people off. Who knows with Murray.

As Neely says, we need a winger who can actually score (sorry Cheechoo). That's a big thing right there - perhaps he's trying to compensate for the lack of D?

400Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 27 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:56 pm

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I'm not happy about it to be sure. I'm even more unhappy that Murray really didn't do anything to address the Defense this season. If it's about putting butts in the seats and making money as DTR says then he needs to build a team that will provide wins. Obviously bringing in a big name like Kovalev has done little to improve the bottom line. Winning will improve that. Talking about bringing in another forward is just bizarre and possibly said to throw people off. Who knows with Murray.

murray had a pretty busy summer... I dont blame him for not being able to get anything done on the back end.

401Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 27 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:58 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Why did we sign Kovalev again? Will he actually start to do anything? Tonight would be a good start...

402Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 27 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He had better. We didn't pay 5 million for a lazy 38 point man, we paid it for 65 points minimum and to make our power play top 5, not bottom 5.

He'd better get it going.

403Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 27 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:07 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:He had better. We didn't pay 5 million for a lazy 38 point man, we paid it for 65 points minimum and to make our power play top 5, not bottom 5.

Dare to dream.

Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 27 Spezza15

404Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 27 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:07 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:He had better. We didn't pay 5 million for a lazy 38 point man, we paid it for 65 points minimum and to make our power play top 5, not bottom 5.

Dare to dream.

Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 27 Spezza15

Ahhhhh! Gag

405Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 27 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:10 pm

Hayden

Hayden
Rookie
Rookie

N4L wrote:Murray also wasnt dealing for a goalie at the deadline either. What ever Murray says in public I defently dont believe.

Sorry N4L - it's definitely (I'm a terrbile speller but you just use that word so much).

406Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 27 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:32 pm

I defently do.

407Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 27 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Laugh1

All around amusing.

408Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 27 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:49 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'm so used to it... I gloss over the spelling mistakes...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 27 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum