GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak"

+23
Phoenix30
SensHulk
Urkie
sidstu
rooneypoo
Devo
TheAvatar
spader
LeCaptain
Hoags
asq2
SDH89
SensGirl11
shabbs
Riprock
PTFlea
Vandelay
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
wprager
davetherave
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 28 of 29]

406Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 28 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:32 pm

I defently do.

407Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 28 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:47 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Laugh1

All around amusing.

408Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 28 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:49 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'm so used to it... I gloss over the spelling mistakes...

409Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 28 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:02 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

The term 'tweak' can be interpreted many ways...

Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 28 Spezza11

410Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 28 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:07 pm

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:He had better. We didn't pay 5 million for a lazy 38 point man, we paid it for 65 points minimum and to make our power play top 5, not bottom 5.

He'd better get it going.

Caveat emptor!

We all knew what we were getting when we signed Kovalev, someone with an abundance of talent but comes up short on the effort side of things.

Nobody should be surprised!

411Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 28 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:14 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

But he has been this way for years a and still managed to pot 20-30 goals.

Ever since he said he wanted to retire a Hab I knew we were doomed. Clearly thats all he is thinking about.

412Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 28 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:28 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:But he has been this way for years a and still managed to pot 20-30 goals.

Ever since he said he wanted to retire a Hab I knew we were doomed. Clearly thats all he is thinking about.

all i've been thinking about is if the habs will trade us cammelleri or gionta for kovy... hehehe.
those terms are pretty long but i think cam is proving to all that thought he had no heart that this isn't the case.
oh how i wish he could have played with us now... Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 28 489887

413Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 28 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:03 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I think we are stuck with Kovalev for this year at least. You don't see free agent signings traded the same year, it is bad management.

414Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 28 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:13 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TeamRenzo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:He had better. We didn't pay 5 million for a lazy 38 point man, we paid it for 65 points minimum and to make our power play top 5, not bottom 5.

Caveat emptor!

We all knew what we were getting when we signed Kovalev, someone with an abundance of talent but comes up short on the effort side of things.

All I'm saying is that he can be lazy all he wants, but I want a bare minimum of 65 points - and preferably 80 - and I want our PP to rank in the top 5.

415Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 28 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:50 am

SpezDispenser wrote:
TeamRenzo wrote:

Caveat emptor!

All I'm saying is that he can be lazy all he wants, but I want a bare minimum of 65 points - and preferably 80 - and I want our PP to rank in the top 5.

I am okay if he plays a night like last night (now he owes us a stretch of 10 games or so) and then sort of disappears for a couple. What we were sold is an enigma who will dominate some nights and disappear others. What we got thus far is a guy who has had two good games out of 17, 15 indifferent performances.

And he has to produce on the powerplay, although the lack of chances is what is killing us there. No momentum + no practice makes it hard to be successful. I think when we start to get 5 or so powerplays a game like many other teams, the whole team will pick up on the PP including Kovy.

416Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 28 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:49 am

MurderOnIce wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
TeamRenzo wrote:

Caveat emptor!

I am okay if he plays a night like last night (now he owes us a stretch of 10 games or so) and then sort of disappears for a couple. What we were sold is an enigma who will dominate some nights and disappear others. What we got thus far is a guy who has had two good games out of 17, 15 indifferent performances.

And he has to produce on the powerplay, although the lack of chances is what is killing us there. No momentum + no practice makes it hard to be successful. I think when we start to get 5 or so powerplays a game like many other teams, the whole team will pick up on the PP including Kovy.

Scratch many other teams for every other team.

Kovalev has played reasonably well IMO so far this year. He's not putting up points because he's trying to set up Fisher and Cheechoo, the latter who cannot seem to buy a goal. For whatever reason Kovalev is passing the puck a lot when he should be shooting. Once Kovalev gets shooting, we will start seeing his offensive production go up. Clouston needs to find that one other forward to skate with him and Fisher as well since Cheechoo hasn't been able to do it, and Foligno may not be the best fit. Maybe Regin?

417Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 28 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:25 pm

To be honest I wouldn't mind seeing Regin between Fisher and Kovalev but I do not want to mess with Fisher's success. He is earning second line center money.

418Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 28 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:40 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Kovalfie wrote:
Kovalev has played reasonably well IMO so far this year. He's not putting up points because he's trying to set up Fisher and Cheechoo, the latter who cannot seem to buy a goal. For whatever reason Kovalev is passing the puck a lot when he should be shooting. Once Kovalev gets shooting, we will start seeing his offensive production go up. Clouston needs to find that one other forward to skate with him and Fisher as well since Cheechoo hasn't been able to do it, and Foligno may not be the best fit. Maybe Regin?

Not Regin IMO, Regin's more a playmaker, I think Foligno should be able to connect with Kovalev's passes, but I'm still curious why CC felt he needed to move Alfalfa from that line.

419Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 28 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:53 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

MurderOnIce wrote:To be honest I wouldn't mind seeing Regin between Fisher and Kovalev but I do not want to mess with Fisher's success. He is earning second line center money.

Fisher won't play wing. He scored a real centermans goal in the high slot last night so maybe he's finally learning what it takes to be a real center.

420Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 28 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:55 pm

I don't know why he was taken off that line either. Probably to get Spezza going. All I know is we're one top-six away from being a good team again (offensively) again.

I'd love to see Murray make a move for Filatov

421Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 28 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:57 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Kovalfie wrote:I don't know why he was taken off that line either. Probably to get Spezza going. All I know is we're one top-six away from being a good team again (offensively) again.

Yeah, we do need another top 6. I'm truly surprised by that to be honest. We need...a goal scorer. Crying

And a new defense.

422Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 28 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:59 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kovalfie wrote:I don't know why he was taken off that line either. Probably to get Spezza going. All I know is we're one top-six away from being a good team again (offensively) again.

I haven't seen anything to suggest Filatov might be on the market. Would probably cost us something pretty significant, though.

Since Regin has years to wait to crack the Top-2 if he hopes to play Center, I would offer him in that deal.

423Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 28 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:24 pm

When a guy with Filatov's skill level is being shipped to Russia, management would most likely listen to trade offers. Mind you, CBJ will need Filatov next year with with Modin and Torres being UFAs.

I guess with the pending Hawks signings we can expect to start hearing some crazy speculation (Campbell, Barker, Seabrooke, Sharp, Ladd)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 28 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum