GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak"

+23
Phoenix30
SensHulk
Urkie
sidstu
rooneypoo
Devo
TheAvatar
spader
LeCaptain
Hoags
asq2
SDH89
SensGirl11
shabbs
Riprock
PTFlea
Vandelay
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
wprager
davetherave
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 29]

226Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 16 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:28 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:@ASQ> not once in my posts, do I point a finger at Bryan Murray.

Here's your original post:

davetherave wrote:Unfortunately, the only way teams can really rebuild is by drafting talent that makes its way to the big club sooner rather than later.

Looking at the Senators' draft record since BM has taken over, and from the three drafts he has managed, not one player is starting with the Sens.

Only two draft picks since the lockout, Foligno and Regin, have managed to get a regular spot with the NHL club, and they precede Murray's tenure as GM.

When one looks around the league and see how much young talent is making a difference for so many teams, one could ask why the Senators don't have young talent making a difference right now.

So no, you don't explicitly point to Murray as the problem, but it's pretty easily interpreted that way.

Shabbs and I were merely challenging that interpretation, that it is Murray's drafting, rather than Muckler's, which is at the root of the problem.

This stemmed into the idea that it is quite rare to have prospects step in outside of the top-5 immediately and make a big impact, taken from your line about identifying young talent playing for other teams. Of course Doughty, Bogosian, Stamkos etc. are helping their teams out.

EDIT: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 16 574714

Last edited by asq2 on Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

227Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 16 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:30 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm also surprised to wake up this morning and not see Campoli and Picard waived. What the heck good are they? We need a real D-man and we need to start clearing some roster spots.

I would expect Picard to be gone soon enough personally.

228Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 16 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:32 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I'm also surprised to wake up this morning and not see Campoli and Picard waived. What the heck good are they? We need a real D-man and we need to start clearing some roster spots.

The market's pretty thin, unless you pony up tremendous assets (Cowen) to land Niedermayer.

Pitkanen is a more sane solution, but what would we offer?

229Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 16 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:32 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:I'm also surprised to wake up this morning and not see Campoli and Picard waived. What the heck good are they? We need a real D-man and we need to start clearing some roster spots.

Carkner and Picard are a good 5, 6 pairing right now, but they are thrust into 3, 4. Picard is also tops in production on the blueline, take him off and what do you have? Close to nothing.

You wanna rip Campoli, def go ahead because he is a useless player. Picard has his place.

230Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 16 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:33 pm

asq2 wrote:

The market's pretty thin, unless you pony up tremendous assets (Cowen) to land Niedermayer.

San Jose 2nd rounder and O'Brien?

231Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 16 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:

No way do we have a chance at Neidermayer, so that's out 100% - and frankly, I don't want to pay for a guy who will probably retire anyway.

I think it's time to start seeing what a Foligno + + + can get us in terms of a bonafide top end D-man.

And I like Foligno a lot, but it's coming to this - soon.

232Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 16 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Carkner and Picard are a good 5, 6 pairing right now, but they are thrust into 3, 4. Picard is also tops in production on the blueline, take him off and what do you have? Close to nothing.

You wanna rip Campoli, def go ahead because he is a useless player. Picard has his place.

Maybe they are a good 5 -6. I like Carkner a lot, but I can't stand Picard. He's exactly like Schubert. Hockey IQ is lacking, decision making horrendous.

233Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 16 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:

You wish. Wink

234Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 16 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:39 pm

I think The Sens should really just go through the year as is and see where there at. They basically just have to wait for Campbell to be available and see what happens in Chicago with their embarassment of riches.

If they let either Seabrook or Keith go I think there was a major mistake made there. That's the best pair in The NHL. Campbell will eventually be asked to waive that NMC.

235Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 16 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:40 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:I think The Sens should really just go through the year as is and see where there at. They basically just have to wait for Campbell to be available and see what happens in Chicago with their embarassment of riches.

If they let either Seabrook or Keith go I think there was a major mistake made there. That's the best pair in The NHL. Campbell will eventually be asked to waive that NMC.

I believe if they ask him to waive it, he comes up with 8 teams that he would accept a trade to. It's an odd NTC, a different kind of one.

236Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 16 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:40 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:Carkner and Picard are a good 5, 6 pairing right now, but they are thrust into 3, 4. Picard is also tops in production on the blueline, take him off and what do you have? Close to nothing.

Maybe they are a good 5 -6. I like Carkner a lot, but I can't stand Picard. He's exactly like Schubert. Hockey IQ is lacking, decision making horrendous.

Picard is YOUNG man, really young. Tons for him to learn, Schubert takes dumb penalties, didnt produce, and was a goof off the ice.

Like I said, Picard has his place and he is improving.

237Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 16 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Picard is YOUNG man, really young. Tons for him to learn, Schubert takes dumb penalties, didnt produce, and was a goof off the ice.

If you say so. Has anyone mentioned the possibility that we can't do jack Dung this year and we should wait for Cowen and Karlsson to arrive? I have a feeling there's not too much we can do really...which is scary for sure.

238Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 16 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:42 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:

You wish. Wink

Ya, well Carolina is in a bad spot right now and will be fighting for the basement.

Sigh, I look at them and The Sens, I dont see a whole heck of a lot of difference Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 16 489887. I dont think people appriciate how much trouble The Sens are in with that blueline right now.

239Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 16 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:43 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

If you say so. Has anyone mentioned the possibility that we can't do jack Dung this year and we should wait for Cowen and Karlsson to arrive? I have a feeling there's not too much we can do really...which is scary for sure.

If we arnt in the playoffs come jan/feb, A Train will be on the train, to Chicago.

240Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 16 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:44 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:
If we arnt in the playoffs come jan/feb, A Train will be on the train, to Chicago.

For who?

241Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 16 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:46 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:

For who?

Prob Beach and a 2nd or 3rd. That's what I would do. Maybe Beech and Skille... Something like that. A Train IMO is the missing piece in Chicago if Huet can find somewhat of a consistant game.

The number 4 spot is just waiting A Train in Chicago.

242Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 16 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:
Prob Beach and a 2nd or 3rd. That's what I would do. Maybe Beech and Skille... Something like that. A Train IMO is the missing piece in Chicago if Huet can find somewhat of a consistant game.

The number 4 spot is just waiting A Train in Chicago.

You can't get Beech and a 1st? That might be the only way I feel comfortable losing A-Train.

243Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 16 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:48 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I need to get the GDT up... it's a 2pm start tomorrow!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum