GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak"

+23
Phoenix30
SensHulk
Urkie
sidstu
rooneypoo
Devo
TheAvatar
spader
LeCaptain
Hoags
asq2
SDH89
SensGirl11
shabbs
Riprock
PTFlea
Vandelay
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
wprager
davetherave
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 29]

31Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 3 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:14 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

SDH89 wrote:Eek, I wouldn't touch Satan with an eight foot pole. The guy is done. I think it's more likely Murray sits still for a littlw while longer to get a better idea of where exactly this team sits. It's been a weird schedule to date, and we haven't got the chance to play alot of games and get into a rythm. Until this happens, I think we remain status quo.

Satan had 17 goals in 65 games with the Pens last year, 78 goals in three seasons with a very mediocre Islanders team.

Still a talented scorer.

32Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 3 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:16 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

davetherave wrote:@Spez-D> do you think the Sens will look at Satan?

I wonder...

Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 3 Church10

33Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 3 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:17 pm

SDH89

Veteran
Veteran

Didn't realize he had that many, thanks Dave. Was his demotion a cap thing, or was it his play?

Isn't Satan considered to be a streaky player? If that's the case, I think that's something that needs to be avoided as we seem to have too many guys who go cold for games at a time.

34Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 3 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SDH89 wrote:Eek, I wouldn't touch Satan with an eight foot pole. The guy is done. I think it's more likely Murray sits still for a littlw while longer to get a better idea of where exactly this team sits. It's been a weird schedule to date, and we haven't got the chance to play alot of games and get into a rythm. Until this happens, I think we remain status quo.

Actually, yeah, it was more Sykora I was interested in in the summer, but he's pretty injury prone as far as I remember.

Satan has mad skills though, I'm not 100% convinced that he's done. He might be though, it would be something where your scouts would have to convince you otherwise I guess.

35Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 3 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:22 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
davetherave wrote:@Spez-D> do you think the Sens will look at Satan?

I wonder...

Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 3 Church10

Careful...Church Lady makes Kovy nervous.

Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 3 Kovale11

36Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 3 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:25 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Who is the last UFA Murray picked up during the regular season? Winchester? I don't see Murray doing much via free agency but I have been wrong before. Someone corrects me in 5 4 3...

- Unknown Author

37Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 3 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:25 pm

Absolutely right Seaway. Its painfully obvious that nothing has worked for him for over 2 years though and Wilson somehow unloaded him to Murray. Very obvious to most cheechoo lost it long ago. Murray got taken, you never know. Some posters on here thought cheechoo could score 25 goals, maybe a drunk and high GM does too.
SeawaySensFan wrote:
davetherave wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that Cheechoo should have his arse stapled to the press box and Shannon should play in his favour.

Goodness, at least Shannon can skate. And yes, I like what Cheechoo brings in work ethic, but the dude can't skate anymore. It's shocking. I'm shocked. Scared

3 million bucks. That'll keep him in the lineup. Even if he scores 56 in his own net this year.

@SSF> do you think there is a chance BM will put Cheechoo on waivers if he doesn't start producing soon?

It's kind of tough to waive a guy like that. It's painfully obvious that he's playing his arse off but nothing is working so far. And, you can almost bet that no one will take him.

38Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 3 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:27 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SDH89 wrote:Didn't realize he had that many, thanks Dave. Was his demotion a cap thing, or was it his play?

Isn't Satan considered to be a streaky player? If that's the case, I think that's something that needs to be avoided as we seem to have too many guys who go cold for games at a time.

@SDH89> as I recall it was both a cap thing and Bylsma shaking up the team. He was yanking both Satan and Sykora in and out of the lineup.

And yes, both are so-called 'streaky' players (like a lot of mid-range forwards in the NHL), but useful when properly employed.

If you remember, Ray Shero went out and got Fedotenko and Satan to replace Hossa's production.

So Satan has some value...what that is to the Senators, all depends on whether or not he and Clouston could work well together.

But I don't know if Murray has room for him unless he clears some cap space.

39Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 3 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cloverleaf wrote:Absolutely right Seaway. Its painfully obvious that nothing has worked for him for over 2 years though and Wilson somehow unloaded him to Murray. Very obvious to most cheechoo lost it long ago. Murray got taken, you never know. Some posters on here thought cheechoo could score 25 goals, maybe a drunk and high GM does too.

To get Michalek, you take some trash. Look what Burke gave up to get Kessel, it's debatable as to which player has/will have more of an impact. Michalek is a beautiful player.

40Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 3 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:32 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:Absolutely right Seaway. Its painfully obvious that nothing has worked for him for over 2 years though and Wilson somehow unloaded him to Murray. Very obvious to most cheechoo lost it long ago. Murray got taken, you never know. Some posters on here thought cheechoo could score 25 goals, maybe a drunk and high GM does too.

To get Michalek, you take some trash. Look what Burke gave up to get Kessel, it's debatable as to which player has/will have more of an impact. Michalek is a beautiful player.
HA! Man crush on the gap tooth?

Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 3 Mm26

41Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 3 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:33 pm

I agree. At least you called him trash. I think some posters on here thought he was good when I first joined this site. Laughable I say.

42Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 3 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

HA! Man crush on the gap tooth?

Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 3 Mm26

Sarcasm I love you

43Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 3 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cloverleaf wrote:I agree. At least you called him trash. I think some posters on here thought he was good when I first joined this site. Laughable I say.

I'll admit, I thought he could rebound.

44Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 3 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:33 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Man, Shannon looks like a girl in that pic.

Yikes.

He's a little boy.

45Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 3 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Who is the last UFA Murray picked up during the regular season? Winchester? I don't see Murray doing much via free agency but I have been wrong before. Someone corrects me in 5 4 3...

Quite true - and there's another way of looking at this as well. If the Sens can turn things around and get back into it big time, they'll come together as a team, instead of a group of individuals. But if Murray takes that risk and remains status quo, then he runs the risk of being out of it by January 1st and it being too late to do anything.

At least at the deadline we can stockpile picks for guys like Picard, Campoli etc., but it will NOT look good on Murray if we miss the playoffs this year.

46Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 3 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:39 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Who is the last UFA Murray picked up during the regular season? Winchester? I don't see Murray doing much via free agency but I have been wrong before. Someone corrects me in 5 4 3...

Quite true - and there's another way of looking at this as well. If the Sens can turn things around and get back into it big time, they'll come together as a team, instead of a group of individuals. But if Murray takes that risk and remains status quo, then he runs the risk of being out of it by January 1st and it being too late to do anything.

At least at the deadline we can stockpile picks for guys like Picard, Campoli etc., but it will NOT look good on Murray if we miss the playoffs this year.

Which is why I'm sure moves are made well before then.

47Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 3 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:39 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I can't imagine us missing the playoffs again this year. If we do, I'll personally go fire Murray myself.

48Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" - Page 3 Empty Re: Bryan Murray: "We Have To Make A Tweak" Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:47 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:I agree. At least you called him trash. I think some posters on here thought he was good when I first joined this site. Laughable I say.

I'll admit, I thought he could rebound.
Based on what? Because it certainly wasn't watching san Jose play the last 2 plus years

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum