GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Regin asked to find "more permanent" housing

+9
SeawaySensFan
SensFan71
Flo The Action
Phoenix30
asq2
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
wprager
shabbs
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Regin is here for a long, long time.

Absolutely. People should be very, very excited. This guy can play 3rd line center - or, in a pinch, he could play top 2 line center - and he's not adverse to playing wing. He's here for as long as we can keep him.

Now, he still needs to get to 200 lbs so he can sustain the NHL hits and not get injured too often, but he's on his way. Well on his way. Very excited.

Thanks Zubov for being fat and lazy, the decision would still have been Regin, but it was soooooooooo much easier. Regin asked to find "more permanent" housing - Page 3 40364

Zubov was never a prospect IMO, ever. Never liked him, always said he was worthless in a trade.

Regin, I didnt know much about him until last year but his first NHL game vs Carolina, I still remember hs frist shift where he was involved, smart with the puck, and was creating chances from the get go. Was impressed right off the bat.

N4L wrote:Who the hell do The Sens have to sign next year or in the near future? This team's roster is set in the top 6.

Alfi, Regin, Fisher, Spezza, and Michalek are all going to be here for a while yet, Foligno will more then likely be top 6 in the next couple years...

Defense is set for the most part, you ahve Cowen and Karlsson coming in on ELC for 3 years, Carkner is signed for 2 at almost the bare minimum.

I will be shocked if The Sens sign any UFA that plays in the top 6 up front or a 20 min D man. Ottawa's roster is set.

Campbell is a moveable asset, people are acting like this guy wouldnt make Ottawa better. Not only would he make Ottawa better, he could be the difference between winning a round or two in the playoffs and being on the bubble this year.

Campbell is a good player, is he worth 7.1 mil to Chicago? Nope, 100% he isnt. Is he worth that to Ottawa, it's close.

Looks like we're back to agreeing with one another... for the most part.

You're right. We don't have to sign our core players for the next couple of years: Fisher, Spezza, Michalek, Alfredsson, etc are all signed long term. However, in the next 2-4 years respectively we will for sure be losing Kovalev and Alfredsson (retirement) and Cheechoo (free agency unless he magically pots another 50). That's 1/2 of our current top six forwards that we will be losing. Figure Regin and Foligno develop into top six forwards. That's obviously great, but then what? Neither of them will ever have the impact that Alfredsson had on this team both offensively and as a person.

I'm okay with taking on Campbell's contract as long as a good forward prospect/1st rd pick is included and some extra salary goes back from the Sens. I'd prefer to see $7+ million being spent on one/two elite forwards that can make up for Alfredsson's offensive production just because of our future depth at D with Cowen, Lee, Wiercioch, and Karlsson. I'd be okay with the Campbell trade too because you're right, we don't NEED to sign a UFA forward but I think I'd prefer to spend my money on replacing the offensive talent of Kovalev and Alfredsson (and Cheechoo). Campbell would also be the perfect fit on this team but his contract length is a little hard to digest.

I would do this in a heartbeat though

To Chicago: Cheechoo, Picard

To Ottawa: Campbell, Aliu, 1st Rd pick

Oh, Beech over Aliu for SURE. LOVE Beech, that's the kid I would go after for sure. We would be insane down the middle. Spezza, Fisher, Regin, Wichester, Smith, Beech...

Otherwise I agree with everything there. Like I said, I dont make a move just to get Campbell, but if that's the deal you pull the trigger. Although I would also try and deal Campoli, not Picard. I think Picard's upside is a lot higher and by the looks of things, with Carkner, that could be a cheap and solid 3rd pairing.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I'm not kidding, I love this player. He's gonna get bigger and stronger and be quite a creative force for the Sens for the next 10 years.

The kind of player you buy a jersey of, because he's not gonna digress, he's gonna improve.

I'm not sure there's a smarter forward on the team, apart from Alfredsson (and even he hasn't looked smarter this season).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
I'm not sure there's a smarter forward on the team, apart from Alfredsson (and even he hasn't looked smarter this season).

Yeah. And there's so much more room to improve as he plays more and learns to read the plays even better. Wow...very impressed. Someone was asking in another thread what we were gonna do when Alfie retires and his heart is off the team. I present to you the heir apparent (or one of them). And I don't think that's over-valuing Regin's future (or present) game/heart.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:

Absolutely. People should be very, very excited. This guy can play 3rd line center - or, in a pinch, he could play top 2 line center - and he's not adverse to playing wing. He's here for as long as we can keep him.

Now, he still needs to get to 200 lbs so he can sustain the NHL hits and not get injured too often, but he's on his way. Well on his way. Very excited.

Thanks Zubov for being fat and lazy, the decision would still have been Regin, but it was soooooooooo much easier. Regin asked to find "more permanent" housing - Page 3 40364

Well that's completely uncalled for, and unfair. The guy left his country to go to another one where he didn't speak the language, and the only person he could communicate with, was a fellow countryman (Nikulin) who didn't speak the language either. Zubov made huge commitments to the team, learned English while the other one didn't. Was taught English by a woman who didn't speak his native tongue. That's like you being taught Russian by someone who doesn't speak English. He also, instead of going back home for the summer, moved to Ottawa to train and improve his skills. He was awarded a call up last year, and played well, considering Hartsburg was coach and our offence was stymied because of it.

This kid realized that he had moved down the prospects ladder, so he wanted another shot somewhere else. He worked his Donkey off, and showed a great commitment. To call him fat and lazy is completely uncalled for.

Bass Destruction wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Well that's completely uncalled for, and unfair. The guy left his country to go to another one where he didn't speak the language, and the only person he could communicate with, was a fellow countryman (Nikulin) who didn't speak the language either. Zubov made huge commitments to the team, learned English while the other one didn't. Was taught English by a woman who didn't speak his native tongue. That's like you being taught Russian by someone who doesn't speak English. He also, instead of going back home for the summer, moved to Ottawa to train and improve his skills. He was awarded a call up last year, and played well, considering Hartsburg was coach and our offence was stymied because of it.

This kid realized that he had moved down the prospects ladder, so he wanted another shot somewhere else. He worked his Donkey off, and showed a great commitment. To call him fat and lazy is completely uncalled for.

Well put

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bass Destruction wrote:Well that's completely uncalled for, and unfair. The guy left his country to go to another one where he didn't speak the language, and the only person he could communicate with, was a fellow countryman (Nikulin) who didn't speak the language either. Zubov made huge commitments to the team, learned English while the other one didn't. Was taught English by a woman who didn't speak his native tongue. That's like you being taught Russian by someone who doesn't speak English. He also, instead of going back home for the summer, moved to Ottawa to train and improve his skills. He was awarded a call up last year, and played well, considering Hartsburg was coach and our offence was stymied because of it.

Bass, you know me by now, I wouldn't say something like that unless he did something that made me feel as if it was true. He stayed in Ottawa the summer before last, trained his arse off with A-Train and Kelly, learned English and I thought he was about to make a huge case for himself. He professed that his lifelong dream was to play in the NHL - and he'd work for it.

Excellent.

Last summer comes along and he doesn't stay in Ottawa, he goes back to Russia to 'train' with Kovalchuk and a couple of other Russian players. He comes back to Ottawa and the Sens' management are shocked. He's gained weight - and not in a good way at all. His 15% body is the worst in the entire organization. What were you doing? Uh...training. No you weren't. You're off the big squad, no need to play more than one pre-season game, you'll never make the NHL without the dedication to work hard every off-season and you blew it. Why? Why did you blow your chance?

The first thing that comes to mind? He got lazy. And the laziness led to...you guessed it...fat.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:Well that's completely uncalled for, and unfair. The guy left his country to go to another one where he didn't speak the language, and the only person he could communicate with, was a fellow countryman (Nikulin) who didn't speak the language either. Zubov made huge commitments to the team, learned English while the other one didn't. Was taught English by a woman who didn't speak his native tongue. That's like you being taught Russian by someone who doesn't speak English. He also, instead of going back home for the summer, moved to Ottawa to train and improve his skills. He was awarded a call up last year, and played well, considering Hartsburg was coach and our offence was stymied because of it.

Bass, you know me by now, I wouldn't say something like that unless he did something that made me feel as if it was true.

That's why I didn't give you a minus 1.

SpezDispenser wrote:He stayed in Ottawa the summer before last, trained his arse off with A-Train and Kelly, learned English and I thought he was about to make a huge case for himself. He professed that his lifelong dream was to play in the NHL - and he'd work for it.

Excellent.

Last summer comes along and he doesn't stay in Ottawa, he goes back to Russia to 'train' with Kovalchuk and a couple of other Russian players. He comes back to Ottawa and the Sens' management are shocked. He's gained weight - and not in a good way at all. His 15% body is the worst in the entire organization. What were you doing? Uh...training. No you weren't. You're off the big squad, no need to play more than one pre-season game, you'll never make the NHL without the dedication to work hard every off-season and you blew it. Why? Why did you blow your chance?

The first thing that comes to mind? He got lazy. And the laziness led to...you guessed it...fat.

Didn't know that, and for that I apologize.

I liked that kid. Why do the ones I love always hurt me??? Why, damnit why!?!?!?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Me too. I really liked him a lot for a long, long time. I didn't care what anyone said about him, I thought he could make it. He showed me last summer that he wasn't serious in the least. Especially not with the influx of new prospects coming in.

It's a waste...a big waste...kid had a shot, now he'll likely never play NHL hockey.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

He's not the first or last player to show up for overweight. Tkachuk, Penner and a score of others. Does that mean he's done? Maybe but maybe not. He messed up; big time but we might be surprised. Give him a month to get back to shape and we'll see how he performs.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TheAvatar wrote:He's not the first or last player to show up for overweight. Tkachuk, Penner and a score of others. Does that mean he's done? Maybe but maybe not. He messed up; big time but we might be surprised. Give him a month to get back to shape and we'll see how he performs.

Tkachuk and Fat Penner were both at least on 1 way contracts when they ate themselves into blobs.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:He's not the first or last player to show up for overweight. Tkachuk, Penner and a score of others. Does that mean he's done? Maybe but maybe not. He messed up; big time but we might be surprised. Give him a month to get back to shape and we'll see how he performs.

Tkachuk and Fat Penner were both at least on 1 way contracts when they ate themselves into blobs.

Do you have a point?

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:

and guess what fat penner is lighting it up.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TheAvatar wrote:
Do you have a point?

Of course. They were in the NHL already, they weren't fighting tooth and nail to make an NHL roster. They were told to shape up (literally) and they were under contract to do so.

With Zubov, the Sens just said screw off to the minors. Then they told him that he'd never make a 1-way contract in the NHL without getting into shape. Easy. He got cut. Fat Penner and Tkachuk could not get cut.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Phoenix30 wrote:
and guess what fat penner is lighting it up.

Even though I like the nickname Fat Penner, he came into camp in great shape this season. Why? Because Quinn and Renney both called him to tell him to.

With Zubov, the Sens just looked at him, shook their heads and he was cut. End of story. That's the (fairly major) difference here.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum