GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Regin asked to find "more permanent" housing

+9
SeawaySensFan
SensFan71
Flo The Action
Phoenix30
asq2
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
wprager
shabbs
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

As per TSN's Ice Chips...

Source: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=11009

"After living in a hotel since the middle of August, Peter Regin has been told to look for more permanent housing, meaning he will more than likely spend the year in Ottawa. - TSN"

I guess he'll be sticking around.

Good thing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Alfie has a room in the basement that's no-longer being used. Regin asked to find "more permanent" housing 521674

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Alfie has a room in the basement that's no-longer being used. Regin asked to find "more permanent" housing 521674
HA HA!

Doh.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think Chara still owns his house on Insmill Crescent. Maybe he can rent from him. Surely, Chara wont' try to kill a tenant. That could help us in games against the Bruins.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

I wonder when we start contract talks with Regin. Do we try to get him now at Carkner-like money (and 1-way deal, which is of course the kicker), or do we wait to make sure he pans out and so have to pay more?

With guys you feel strongly that will pan out, I'm all about jumping on them early, before the season winds down and they/their agents point to the stats and say "more money." Let's take the Carkner approach, rather than the Vermette approach.

Ya, Regin is an NHL player, showed it last year and for sure has shown it this year. If you can get him locked up for 3 years at 2.7 mil, something like that, you do it ASAP.

If Murray can really work the cap with some smaller deals, like I said in the other thread, you can get a guy like Brian Campbell who will be an asset to your team, just an exspensive one.

N4L wrote:Ya, Regin is an NHL player, showed it last year and for sure has shown it this year. If you can get him locked up for 3 years at 2.7 mil, something like that, you do it ASAP.

If Murray can really work the cap with some smaller deals, like I said in the other thread, you can get a guy like Brian Campbell who will be an asset to your team, just an exspensive one.

Campbell? Regin asked to find "more permanent" housing 853109

I agree though that getting our value contracts locked up asap is a good thing, but not just so we can take on a crap contract like Campbell.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

If this team is anywhere near a top 4 iin the East come February, a top 3 defenseman is gonna be a must.

Campbell is pretty close to the perfect D man for this Ottawa team, like the contract or not. If you get a 1st and Beech (something along those lines) with him, you do it. Sets you up for the now and the future.

Adding a potential number 1 center in Beech would be huge for the young group of players The Sens are building up right now.

You have the potential of Beech, Karlsson, Cowen, Wierchoich, and Lehner... add in a winger there like Silvferberg, Petersson, or Capusso, that's an extremely tallented group of prospects. Ottawa needs that young, stud forward. Chicago has one and a player they have to get rid of that Ottawa actually needs.

Campbell is going to get you 50-60 points, it's close to a garentee. Two years ago when he signed, if Ottawa got him for 6 years at about 6.8 mil, I would have said for sure... with the increase in the cap and the likelyhood of it going up again, it works out to be about the same.

I get all the nagative about taking on Campbell but he really is a guy Ottawa could use and who would be beyond productive. Look at the PP right now, Campbell would turn that right around.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

He'd choke out the talent we'd have, though. That contract is huge, and long.

And he's only going to get worse. His defence is already disgraceful and he'll slow down.

Murray backed out when Chicago offered that contract. He's not going to take him now and give up an asset for him after he's regressed pretty substantially.

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:Campbell is pretty close to the perfect D man for this Ottawa team, like the contract or not. If you get a 1st and Beech (something along those lines) with him, you do it. Sets you up for the now and the future.

Adding a potential number 1 center in Beech would be huge for the young group of players The Sens are building up right now.

You have the potential of Beech, Karlsson, Cowen, Wierchoich, and Lehner... add in a winger there like Silvferberg, Petersson, or Capusso, that's an extremely tallented group of prospects. Ottawa needs that young, stud forward. Chicago has one and a player they have to get rid of that Ottawa actually needs.

Campbell is going to get you 50-60 points, it's close to a garentee. Two years ago when he signed, if Ottawa got him for 6 years at about 6.8 mil, I would have said for sure... with the increase in the cap and the likelyhood of it going up again, it works out to be about the same.

I get all the nagative about taking on Campbell but he really is a guy Ottawa could use and who would be beyond productive. Look at the PP right now, Campbell would turn that right around.

So does Murray give up for Campbell?

asq2 wrote:He'd choke out the talent we'd have, though. That contract is huge, and long.

And he's only going to get worse. His defence is already disgraceful and he'll slow down.

Murray backed out when Chicago offered that contract. He's not going to take him now and give up an asset for him after he's regressed pretty substantially.

Slow down? You keep saying this.. based on what? He has no injuries and is good for basically the whole year, every year. He is consistant with his production, so on and on. He isnt going to be slowing down before he is 35, 36, he doesnt have bad knees, a bad back or w/e, he will be effective for a while.

As for his defense, ya, it's not the greatest but it's not as bad as you make it out to be either. Give him a defensivly responsible partner and he would be fine.

Also, I wouldnt give up an asset for him, Im not pretending I would, but if you could give up Campoli, Cheechoo or w/e other spare part The Sens have with a 1st or a top tier prospect comng back, for sure I would.

Obviously we would be doing Chicago a favour and the dea would have to be as such.

Phoenix30 wrote:
N4L wrote:Campbell is pretty close to the perfect D man for this Ottawa team, like the contract or not. If you get a 1st and Beech (something along those lines) with him, you do it. Sets you up for the now and the future.

Garbage and he would have to get more back.

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:

Garbage and he would have to get more back.

So insightful. Cant see it happening with Campbell. Carrying the extra 2 to 3 million for next several years will hamper the Sens in resigning RFA's and other UFA's. Now if Chicago buys out Campbell in the off season I can see Murray going after him but I doubt that a buy out will occur for a couple of years.

Who the hell do The Sens have to sign next year or in the near future? This team's roster is set in the top 6.

Alfi, Regin, Fisher, Spezza, and Michalek are all going to be here for a while yet, Foligno will more then likely be top 6 in the next couple years...

Defense is set for the most part, you ahve Cowen and Karlsson coming in on ELC for 3 years, Carkner is signed for 2 at almost the bare minimum.

I will be shocked if The Sens sign any UFA that plays in the top 6 up front or a 20 min D man. Ottawa's roster is set.

Campbell is a moveable asset, people are acting like this guy wouldnt make Ottawa better. Not only would he make Ottawa better, he could be the difference between winning a round or two in the playoffs and being on the bubble this year.

Campbell is a good player, is he worth 7.1 mil to Chicago? Nope, 100% he isnt. Is he worth that to Ottawa, it's close.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum