GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Sun's hockey "experts" discuss Mike Fisher's salary...

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Wow this is an awkward read... I can't believe these guys get paid to do what they do...

The Sun's Hockey "Experts", Tim Baines, Don Brennan, Bruce Garrioch and Chris Stevenson, debate Mike Fisher's salary. Home town bonus or money well spent?

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2008/11/06/7323926.html

Funniest line - Stevenson to Garrioch: "ya gotta step away from the Peterborough Kool-Aid."

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I read that.

I hear "news" of more journalistic value over lunch every day.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

...the weasel in the press box who forgot his impartiality when he got
carried away one night and blurted “Go Fish!” At first I thought he
wanted to play cards before I realized he was waving his pom-poms. And
no, it wasn’t Bruce.

:lol!:

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Bruce waves cotton candy, not pom-poms.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

mattshock wrote:Bruce waves cotton candy, not pom-poms.
I thought he waved meatball subs.

Wink

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

I didn't know Chris Stevenson and Tim Baines were such tits. Who would have thought that, amongst this enlightened quartet, only Bruce Garrioch would know what he's talking about?

"Chris Stevenson: If you’re going strictly by the numbers, no, a 20-goal scorer isn’t worth $6 million. But Fisher’s case is more complicated than that. He brings more to the party than numbers. Is he overpaid? I’d say so. Could the Senators afford to let him go? Probably not.

Bruce Garrioch: Let’s get past the first myth: Mike Fisher’s salary for this year is $6 million, yes. But his cap hit is $4.2 million. At $4.2 million, if he scores 20, in today’s NHL he will be right about where he should be.

Tim Baines: Six million dollars is still $6 million. And, at the end of the day, Mike Fisher’s stats don’t justify being paid that much.

Garrioch: Tim, get it straight. The actual figure doesn’t mean anything anymore. Everything is about the cap hit. Do we call Dany Heatley the $10-million man? No, we don’t.

[...]

Garrioch: My point is the $6 million (Fisher) is making is like an albatross when it shouldn’t be because that’s not his cap hit. Let’s move on. My point is lost with this group!"

LOL.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Point for BooBoo. A rare one.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If you can't beat them, join them?

Personally, I thought they were just having a little fun at Burce's expense. Maybe they were trying to induce a heart attack.

rooneypoo wrote:I didn't know Chris Stevenson and Tim Baines were such tits. Who would have thought that, amongst this enlightened quartet, only Bruce Garrioch would know what he's talking about?

"Chris Stevenson: If you’re going strictly by the numbers, no, a 20-goal scorer isn’t worth $6 million. But Fisher’s case is more complicated than that. He brings more to the party than numbers. Is he overpaid? I’d say so. Could the Senators afford to let him go? Probably not.

Bruce Garrioch: Let’s get past the first myth: Mike Fisher’s salary for this year is $6 million, yes. But his cap hit is $4.2 million. At $4.2 million, if he scores 20, in today’s NHL he will be right about where he should be.

Tim Baines: Six million dollars is still $6 million. And, at the end of the day, Mike Fisher’s stats don’t justify being paid that much.

Garrioch: Tim, get it straight. The actual figure doesn’t mean anything anymore. Everything is about the cap hit. Do we call Dany Heatley the $10-million man? No, we don’t.

[...]

Garrioch: My point is the $6 million (Fisher) is making is like an albatross when it shouldn’t be because that’s not his cap hit. Let’s move on. My point is lost with this group!"

LOL.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

To induce a heart attack they should have had this little soiree on the fourth floor and locked out the elevator.

shabbs wrote:

Wink

All I know is that whenever he waves, his old granny-like milk bags wobble under his girlish biceps.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

MurderOnIce wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Wink

All I know is that whenever he waves, his old granny-like milk bags wobble under his girlish biceps.

OMG!! It's hilarious in here today!!

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I've taken Dung that know more about hockey than these idiots.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum