GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Heatley vs. Michalek, Cheechoo and Kovalev Stats tracking

+9
PTFlea
TheAvatar
LeCaptain
Urkie
spader
Hoags
SensFan71
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:I think it's stupid to compare point because where we win this trade wont show up on the score sheet a lot of the time, just the standings and playoffs.

Heatley will light it up once every 4 games, get his 2 points so on and make it seem as if he is doing something special like he has always done. Then when it comes times to nut up he will be invisable. SJ is going to be in a fight for their playoff lives all year long, lets see if they even make it because everyone around them got a lot better and they got a little worse.

Agreed.

You'd need to look at stats like hits, take-aways etc. but also find a way to measure things like team morale, how much less pressure Alfredsson and Spezza feel now that we have depth, the improvement in Spezza's defensive game, etc.

Frankly, I'm not really sure why Sens fans seem so interested in keeping tabs on ____. Even as happy as I am with Michalek, I don't even think it's fair to evaluate the trade considering the circumstances. If we had gotten a bad deal, would it still have reflected poorly on Murray although his hands were tied and the players basically told him to move ____?

Just IMO, but I think it's better to move on. Good luck to him in San Jose, I guess. We're better off, more exciting, less lazy and top-heavy, and have less of a risk of someone on the team losing an eye from a stick waving around in the air.

Inevitably when _____ starts piling up the (often meaningless) points, this kind of thread will lend itself to complaints about the deal, regret, etc.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

He doesn't care, he's Dany Diddling Heatley!!

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Agreed.

You'd need to look at stats like hits, take-aways etc. but also find a way to measure things like team morale, how much less pressure Alfredsson and Spezza feel now that we have depth, the improvement in Spezza's defensive game, etc.

Frankly, I'm not really sure why Sens fans seem so interested in keeping tabs on ____. Even as happy as I am with Michalek, I don't even think it's fair to evaluate the trade considering the circumstances. If we had gotten a bad deal, would it still have reflected poorly on Murray although his hands were tied and the players basically told him to move ____?

Just IMO, but I think it's better to move on. Good luck to him in San Jose, I guess. We're better off, more exciting, less lazy and top-heavy, and have less of a risk of someone on the team losing an eye from a stick waving around in the air.

Inevitably when _____ starts piling up the (often meaningless) points, this kind of thread will lend itself to complaints about the deal, regret, etc.

For sure. When he sucked in game one, I was amused, but whatever he does here on out I couldn't care less about. I've tried to avoid these threads for that reason and the massive fact that we have Milan Michalek now, someone who brings our team such a huge level of speed and talent, plays in all three situations, scores and is going to be a fan favourite (if he isn't already).

Screw Heatley, let him have his fun in the sun. When the playoffs roll around he'd better produce or there'll be hell to pay. That's enough pressure - and I don't even think he realizes it yet. Score 100 goals, do what you want - I wonder how hard it was for Wilson to finally give in and give up Milan. Must have been a heartbreaker.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The point of this thread was to see if we not only improved our team by adding depth and removing a distraction but to see if we could also win it on pure offensive production. It was more of a curiosity than anything else.

- Unknown Author

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:Agreed.

For sure. When he sucked in game one, I was amused, but whatever he does here on out I couldn't care less about. I've tried to avoid these threads for that reason and the massive fact that we have Milan Michalek now, someone who brings our team such a huge level of speed and talent, plays in all three situations, scores and is going to be a fan favourite (if he isn't already).

Screw Heatley, let him have his fun in the sun. When the playoffs roll around he'd better produce or there'll be hell to pay. That's enough pressure - and I don't even think he realizes it yet. Score 100 goals, do what you want - I wonder how hard it was for Wilson to finally give in and give up Milan. Must have been a heartbreaker.

I'm sure it was, no doubt in my mind he mulled over it for a long time, all the while telling Murray that Milan could not be part of that deal. Milan's a likeable guy off the ice too, and look at that contract.

asq2 wrote:
N4L wrote:I think it's stupid to compare point because where we win this trade wont show up on the score sheet a lot of the time, just the standings and playoffs.

Heatley will light it up once every 4 games, get his 2 points so on and make it seem as if he is doing something special like he has always done. Then when it comes times to nut up he will be invisable. SJ is going to be in a fight for their playoff lives all year long, lets see if they even make it because everyone around them got a lot better and they got a little worse.

Agreed.

I still wanna see him fall flat on his face. I only care about The Sens but seeing Heatley bomb would be like The Selke to me. Nothing huge just nice to have.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:
I still wanna see him fall flat on his face. I only care about The Sens but seeing Heatley bomb would be like The Selke to me. Nothing huge just nice to have.

Hahahahaaha. Put it that way...

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:The point of this thread was to see if we not only improved our team by adding depth and removing a distraction but to see if we could also win it on pure offensive production. It was more of a curiosity than anything else.

Fair enough, but then you've got to take Kovalev out because he was signed before we made the deal.

Even then, since you're comparing two players to one you've also got to somehow factor in the offensive production that would have come from whatever player would be taking up Cheechoo's roster spot.

Which is basically impossible, since there's no way of verifying.

It seems more like we're trying to compare our offence from last season to our offence from this season. Which is fairly straight-forward, because all we've got to do is compare the totals for "goals for".

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Agreed.

That won't show up on the stat sheet.

Ive never been one to look at the stat sheet anyways.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:The point of this thread was to see if we not only improved our team by adding depth and removing a distraction but to see if we could also win it on pure offensive production. It was more of a curiosity than anything else.

Fair enough, but then you've got to take Kovalev out because he was signed before we made the deal.

Even then, since you're comparing two players to one you've also got to somehow factor in the offensive production that would have come from whatever player would be taking up Cheechoo's roster spot.

It seems more like we're trying to compare our offence from last season to our offence from this season. Which is fairly straight-forward, because all we've got to do is compare the totals for "goals for".

okay, again way too early to do any comparison, but using some very simple math, we can try to guesstimate where we stand right now, we have scored 22 goals in 7 games, which roughly works out to 3.14 Goals per game, which over an 82 game schedule translates into 258 goals. Last year we scored 217, so if that math holds up, we are primed to score 40 more goals as a team, which I know is flawed with such little information to base it on, but it is a number nonetheless.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:

I put Kovalev in there because it was transparent, to me at least, that Kovie was picked up, for his price tag, anticipating Heatley not being on the roster.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Also it's not going to stop me from updating this thread until I get bored of it. Wink

- Unknown Author

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
asq2 wrote:

I put Kovalev in there because it was transparent, to me at least, that Kovie was picked up, for his price tag, anticipating Heatley not being on the roster.

Again, a fair point, although Murray had been talking about adding a top-6 forward for a while.

Then you have to figure out where Kovalev's money would have gone and how that addition would have affected the team.

Figures the one time I need to use that smiley of the little guy running around flailing his arms I can't see it.

How about this: We turned a $14.5 million duo into a $14.5 million trio?

I much prefer not having to Diddle with the lines every friggin game just to find a player who can vibe with our two highest paid players. Now that we've got a full line with Spezza that actually works and competes, we can take Alfie away and not worry about it.

As of this second, I love this trade for Ottawa. I don't care what the statistics say at the end of the year. This was a good trade. The only thing that will determine it as a win is if SJ flounders. And, quite frankly, I don't even care.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I love it too.

That's why I think we should just completely ignore whatever happens in SJ.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

asq2 wrote:I love it too.

That's why I think we should just completely ignore whatever happens in SJ.

But it will be so much fun if Heatley is stuck on 45 (or 37) goals with 2-3 games left in the season, as he skates into the offensive zone with his stick in the air, completely ignoring what else might be going on. "Oh that's just Dany being Dany" we'll all say as we chuckle quietly to ourselves. Will I smile a little if he misses 50? You betcha. Will I feel sorry for the Sharks as they are eliminated yet-again in the first round, with Heatley being a no-show? Absolutely! But if he scores 60 goals and leads them past the first couple of playoff rounds I'm not going to really be upset. Maybe that'll be just the motivation the team needs to try and catch up to him in the Finals. Now *that* would be fun.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Updated the first page stats comparison.

MKC in 10 games - 10 goals, 4 Assists, 1 Game winner, -7

Heatley in 13 games - 8 goals, 7 Assists, 2 Game winners, -2

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum