GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Heatley vs. Michalek, Cheechoo and Kovalev Stats tracking

+9
PTFlea
TheAvatar
LeCaptain
Urkie
spader
Hoags
SensFan71
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So, after the Heatley offensive outburst followed by an even more impressive Michalek Hat trick which included two shorties, I thought it would be interesting to see how Heatley's production this season would stack up vs. the pieces obtained in a trade plus Kovalev. I am including Kovalev because he was acquired in anticipation of Heatley leaving.

Dany Heatley
Games playedgoalsassistsplus/minusgame winners

Milan Michalek
43166-73

Alex Kovalev

Jonathan Cheechoo
4337-110

It will be interesting to track how this goes and to see how it ends up after 82 games.

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:21 am; edited 6 times in total

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Another stat that should be "considered"... cap hit:

Heatley: $7.5M
MKC: $12.333M

Combined 9 years vs 5 for Heatley.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

so we are a little bit behind at this point, but if you look at team records, SJ is 4-3-1 and Ottawa is 5-2-0, pretty comparable records so far, but Ottawa has been playing better with each passing game, not sure if SJ can say the same thing. I measure the true worth of having Heatley out of the picture in terms of wins since he did not contribute to the winning culture of the team.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Another stat that should be "considered"... cap hit:

Definite consideration. Good thing that it's not too much work to track that part of it. Actually another one to consider is Shorthanded goals which I believe is 2 to nothing in favour if MKC. Heatley vs. Michalek, Cheechoo and Kovalev Stats tracking Icon_smile

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Combined 9 years vs 5 for Heatley.

What's that have to do with anything? Their contracts run concurrently not consecutively right?

- Unknown Author

I think it's stupid to compare point because where we win this trade wont show up on the score sheet a lot of the time, just the standings and playoffs.

Heatley will light it up once every 4 games, get his 2 points so on and make it seem as if he is doing something special like he has always done. Then when it comes times to nut up he will be invisable. SJ is going to be in a fight for their playoff lives all year long, lets see if they even make it because everyone around them got a lot better and they got a little worse.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:I think it's stupid to compare point because where we win this trade wont show up on the score sheet a lot of the time, just the standings and playoffs.

Heatley will light it up once every 4 games, get his 2 points so on and make it seem as if he is doing something special like he has always done. Then when it comes times to nut up he will be invisable. SJ is going to be in a fight for their playoff lives all year long, lets see if they even make it because everyone around them got a lot better and they got a little worse.

I'm pretty sure it'll even out at the end of the season with MKC having the slight edge in points, and game winners. I agree with you that it doesn't begin to tell the story but, if MKC win in this category as well as the team stats being better then it's another point in favour of having moved him for the return we got for him.

I can also continue this if both teams make the playoffs to further judge the trade this season.

- Unknown Author

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Cheechoo really needs to score. He's doing all the right things and getting more and more involved with the game.

We also can't forget that we got rid of a massive distraction in Heatley. His presence in Ottawa would have brought everyone down. Hard to measure that.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wow Neely and I agreed upon it, whoo hoo, he backed it up with more information mind you, so kudos to him including the facts of the whole situation. Standings/playoffs is where the biggest difference will be noticed for this team.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
N4L wrote:I think it's stupid to compare point because where we win this trade wont show up on the score sheet a lot of the time, just the standings and playoffs.

I'm pretty sure it'll even out at the end of the season with MKC having the slight edge in points, and game winners. I agree with you that it doesn't begin to tell the story but, if MKC win in this category as well as the team stats being better then it's another point in favour of having moved him for the return we got for him.

I can also continue this if both teams make the playoffs to further judge the trade this season.

If those three players don't have a massive advantage in points, I'll be fuming. Michalek should be good for 60-70, Cheechoo for 40-50, Kovalev for 50-60. That's 150 points on the bottom, 180 on top. If Heatley comes close to that, I'll eat my keyboard.

Right now The Sharks making the playoffs is a little foggy compared to The Sens. The Sens are most certainly a top 2 team in their division, The Sharks may not be.

Also with The Sharks the divisions around them are a lot tougher like the Central and NW. The East still has the weaker teams.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Definite consideration. Good thing that it's not too much work to track that part of it. Actually another one to consider is Shorthanded goals which I believe is 2 to nothing in favour if MKC. Heatley vs. Michalek, Cheechoo and Kovalev Stats tracking Icon_smile
You can almost do a "cap hit equivalency" ratio... for every 1 point Heatley scores, the MKC line should score 1.6444 points to make the cap hit even out.

So, if Heatley finishes with... say 80 points, the MKC line should finish with 132 points all combined.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

You can almost do a "cap hit equivalency" ratio... for every 1 point Heatley scores, the MKC line should score 1.6444 points to make the cap hit even out.

So, if Heatley finishes with... say 80 points, the MKC line should finish with 132 points all combined.

An average of 44 each? Book it. Heatley will probably get a few more than 80 though, I'd imagine.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:Right now The Sharks making the playoffs is a little foggy compared to The Sens. The Sens are most certainly a top 2 team in their division, The Sharks may not be.

Also with The Sharks the divisions around them are a lot tougher like the Central and NW. The East still has the weaker teams.

Right now we are top 2 in the conference, not certain if that will last or not, but SJ is definitely not top 2 in the conference anymore, especially with the emergence of the Hawks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum