GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dany Heatley stats update

+12
Hoags
sandysensfan
TheAvatar
SDH89
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
asq2
tim1_2
Oglethorpe
LethalLehner
SensGirl11
Cap'n Clutch
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Dany Heatley stats update Empty Dany Heatley stats update Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:40 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

For all us Sens fans that wish Heatley nothing but bad luck and no success I thought you'd all like to hear this little tid bit.

Heatley has 37 points in 43 games including 15 goals so far on the season. Those numbers projected over a full season put him at 70 points and 28 goals. You have to go all the way back to his first season for worse numbers (Excluding his 31 game season of course). 2000/2001 with the Thrashers saw Heatley score 26 goals and 67 points. HappyDance1

- Unknown Author

2Dany Heatley stats update Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:46 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

A blessing that he got us out of his contract. I want to thank Mr. Heatley for ridding us of his albatross. Especially considering he sucks now.

3Dany Heatley stats update Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:51 am

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Heatley playing poorly and the Sens in line to get a good draft pick. Can life get any better? Dancing

Last edited by ElliottRules on Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:52 am; edited 2 times in total

4Dany Heatley stats update Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:51 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:A blessing that he got us out of his contract. I want to thank Mr. Heatley for ridding us of his albatross. Especially considering he sucks now.

I wouldn't go as far as saying he sucks because 28 goals and 70 points are still nice totals just not for a first line winger that's expected to be over a point a game and is paid the money he's getting. Also with his line mates he should be far ahead of what he's got now.

- Unknown Author

5Dany Heatley stats update Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:48 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

I've watched a few SJ games and, unfortunately, Heatley is actually playing very well. He is getting a ton of shots but the puck just isn't going in right now. He is playing a little more physical than I remember in Ottawa and his skating is as good (relative term) as I have seen it. I expect him to go on a run soon, hope I'm wrong. The guy on SJ that looks horrific is Patrick Marleau, he appears so disinterested even I was getting frustrated with him, and I wish nothing but failure for everyone on that team other than Couture.

6Dany Heatley stats update Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:19 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wouldn’t say Dany Heatley is having that bad a year. I think the slowdown in his numbers is due to the team in general struggling, and his linemates (i.e. Marleau) having a very tough time. He’s still a legit all-star sniper, as much as it hurts to say that. He’d be leading this team in goals and points, no doubt.

7Dany Heatley stats update Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:48 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's not that hard to lead this team in goals and points right now. I don't think he's a legit all-star sniper though.

- Unknown Author

8Dany Heatley stats update Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:19 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Didn't make the ASG.

9Dany Heatley stats update Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:20 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

asq2 wrote:Didn't make the ASG.

Diminished role in the NHL? KHL contract imminent?

10Dany Heatley stats update Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:21 pm

tim1_2 wrote:I wouldn’t say Dany Heatley is having that bad a year. I think the slowdown in his numbers is due to the team in general struggling, and his linemates (i.e. Marleau) having a very tough time. He’s still a legit all-star sniper, as much as it hurts to say that. He’d be leading this team in goals and points, no doubt.

Not much of a feat, IMO. Dustin Byfuglien has a 15 point lead on ANY Senator in the scoring race.

11Dany Heatley stats update Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:05 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

hemlock wrote:Not much of a feat, IMO. Dustin Byfuglien has a 15 point lead on ANY Senator in the scoring race.

Dustin Byfuglien is having an amazing year, and would likely be leading a lot of teams in points. Last time I checked, he was right around point-a-game, so I’m not sure what your point is?

Edit: Big Buff is 15th in the league in scoring with 41 pts, Dany Heatley is 24th with 37 pts. Again, not sure anyone can argue that Dany Heatley wouldn’t be a BIG help to the Sens right now (history not withstanding).

12Dany Heatley stats update Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:20 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The point is that Heatley is currently on pace for one of his worst seasons ever and is sitting at 38th in the league in goals scored. He's also not hit over 40 goals since his second last season in Ottawa. When the Sharks were the elite regular season darlings Heatley still only mustered up 39 goals. With regular line-mates of Thornton and Marleau and prime PP minutes he's on pace for less than 30 goals. Chalk it up to poor play by the team and his line-mates if you like but he's far from an elite sniper like he used to be.

- Unknown Author

13Dany Heatley stats update Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:32 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

You have to forgive Heatley for the lower output, he has accepted a lesser role on the team.

14Dany Heatley stats update Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, he's far, far, far removed from the glory days when he rode the back of Daniel Alfredsson to his 50 goals seasons. It doesn't work as well when you don't have the MVP (IMO) on your wing and while Thornton is great, Spezza was in the zone that year.

It's little coincidence that he's fallen. Plus we all said it for a while on here, his body has been beaten to hell. Knees are reconstructed, lung surgically repaired, shoulder. His eye from when Briere hit it with a shot. You name it.

15Dany Heatley stats update Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:15 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

I'm happy he didn't make the All-Star team, but I would still much rather have him with that contract than what we were left with.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum