GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dany Heatley stats update

+12
Hoags
sandysensfan
TheAvatar
SDH89
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
asq2
tim1_2
Oglethorpe
LethalLehner
SensGirl11
Cap'n Clutch
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Dany Heatley stats update - Page 3 Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:13 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:Forgetting about his 'issues' with the team and organization I would.

It's not like we're doing great things with the cap space. Michalek is a 2nd liner and Cheechoo is an AHL player.

Who knows how Heatley and Spezza would do ? (if he was motivated).

This team lost an elite first line talent that we're not going to replace anytime soon, maybe at this year's draft but that will take years to pan out.

I agree - but is Heatley a shell of his former self? Yes. Is drafting a different animal now with the salary cap? Yes, players play much, much quicker now because teams want them indoctrinated into their lineups before they hit the payday.

It's a vicious circle, but we don't need to spend that 7.5 million just because it's 'there', right?

32Dany Heatley stats update - Page 3 Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:15 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

Alfie ended up with 74 points in 79 games that season and also played in the Olympics and put up 3 goals in 4 games.

Spezza had 73 points in 82 games that season. They were all really close stat-wise.

33Dany Heatley stats update - Page 3 Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:18 pm

SDH89

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
SDH89 wrote: Laugh1 Come on people, I hate Heatley too, but are we honestly trying to convince ourselves that we're a better team without him? Sure his stats are down, but he'll still hit 70-75 points. We'll be lucky if our leading goal scorer this year hits 55 points this year.

Here's the question - and it's a big one:

Would you pay 7.5 million dollars (against the cap) to have Dany Heatley back on this team?

Pretending all the BS that took place never happened - without hesitation.

After this year we'll have tons of cap space, and it looks doubtful that we'll lure someone in with his similar goal scoring abilities.

People wonder why we can't score goals anymore, it's because we had to trade a legitimate 35-40 goal guy away. Sure @ 7.5 Dany is being overpaid, but there's alot of guys who are overpaid by a million or so, I don't really have a huge issue with the contract personally.

It's not like we magically cured our cap woes by trading him away anyways, we got back a guy making 4 million, who should probably be making closer to 1.5, and another guy who we had to pay to go away.

34Dany Heatley stats update - Page 3 Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Fair assessment SD. I wouldn't personally. For 7.5 million I expect a player that kills penalties, plays on the PP, puts up more than a PPG and is basically the all-around, face of the franchise.

In this day and age where we see the young player who are the best of the best getting ~6 million dollars like Kane, Toews, Backstrom etc., it seems like a crime to be paying a 35-40 goal guy that does very little else but score 7.5 million. It's actually irresponsible when you have other teams looking at you and cringing.

Now, as mentioned earlier, we signed these deals before the market was set properly - we were the experiment team(s), but it doesn't make the deal look more attractive now (not for Spezza either). And now we hypothetically could walk away from it and people want it back? Resist the urge and what you'll see is a new crop of forwards who will do a lot more than Heatley and get paid a lot less - and lo and behold, the Sens will be more of a "team".

35Dany Heatley stats update - Page 3 Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:14 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Reading on the Sharks and posts from fans it sounds like they're in free fall as well.

What's going on San Jose ? is their goaltending that bad ? Losing Blake is too much ?

Their situation seems similar to ours in many ways and I see a lot of "fire McLennan" type posts.

36Dany Heatley stats update - Page 3 Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:15 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Reading on the Sharks and posts from fans it sounds like they're in free fall as well.

What's going on San Jose ? is their goaltending that bad ? Losing Blake is too much ?
Their situation seems similar to ours in many ways and I see a lot of "fire McLennan" type posts.

That's the prevailing sentiment from what I've seen.

37Dany Heatley stats update - Page 3 Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:17 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:Reading on the Sharks and posts from fans it sounds like they're in free fall as well.

Their D stinks, their G is crappy and their forwards forgot how to score. Remind you of anyone else? Ahhhhh!

38Dany Heatley stats update - Page 3 Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:28 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

so maybe we shouldn't let Philips go ? (thinking of Blake here).

While he seems to be having a bad year he's still the most trustworthy D-man we have.

But still it's kinda eerie how similar it is, was trying to figure out why, did McLennan go stupid all of a sudden (same as CC ?).

It's just odd to see a team like SJ collapse like that.

39Dany Heatley stats update - Page 3 Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:so maybe we shouldn't let Philips go ? (thinking of Blake here).

While he seems to be having a bad year he's still the most trustworthy D-man we have.

But still it's kinda eerie how similar it is, was trying to figure out why, did McLennan go stupid all of a sudden (same as CC ?).

It's just odd to see a team like SJ collapse like that.

But Phillips will get us the biggest return at the deadline. I know what you mean, but I think it's between Phillips and Gonchar as the veteran presence as we re-tool. I'm an fan of trading Kuba and re-signing Phillips personally, I think that can be done along with a few other moves, but in the end, Kuba won't net you the return that Phillips will.

40Dany Heatley stats update - Page 3 Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:33 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

But Phillips will get us the biggest return at the deadline. I know what you mean, but I think it's between Phillips and Gonchar as the veteran presence as we re-tool. I'm an fan of trading Kuba and re-signing Phillips personally, I think that can be done along with a few other moves, but in the end, Kuba won't net you the return that Phillips will.

That's true.

Still I think it's more important who we get rid of (ie. Kuba) rather than what we get back. Get rid of the expensive underachievers and get some young guys who in who want to compete.

And I am not expecting for the Sens to get anything impressive for Philips. Hopefully I am wrong if they do trade him.

41Dany Heatley stats update - Page 3 Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:38 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

That's true.

Still I think it's more important who we get rid of (ie. Kuba) rather than what we get back. Get rid of the expensive underachievers and get some young guys who in who want to compete.

And I am not expecting for the Sens to get anything impressive for Philips. Hopefully I am wrong if they do trade him.

I still say the biggest return potentially comes from Kelly, who shouldn't be moved but...

42Dany Heatley stats update - Page 3 Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:46 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

Their D stinks, their G is crappy and their forwards forgot how to score. Remind you of anyone else? Ahhhhh!

this is why we gotta hope that san jose, out of desperation, overpays for phillips. It CAN be done...they got quite a few teams in between them and no spot secured for them in the wild wild west....their defence has been pretty bad, and they're thin on depth. They HAVE to do this!!!

43Dany Heatley stats update - Page 3 Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

One thing's for certain: they have to do something - and they need to do it soon.

44Dany Heatley stats update - Page 3 Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:52 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

on another note, how sick does this make you to your stomach?

the leafs went into san jose and beat heatley and the sharks.....yet ottawa couldn't even get a goal against an equally struggling team at home in a VERY pro sens/anti heatley crowd....that was such a lively atmosphere, and what a gigantic letdown that was.

Yet the leafs seem to have no trouble....sad days....

45Dany Heatley stats update - Page 3 Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:59 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Leafs caught the Sharks at the right time... Sharks are on a big time losing streak too... just like us...

46Dany Heatley stats update - Page 3 Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:27 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Interesting that going back to last season, Heatley has 22 goals in his last 88 games including the playoffs last year. Hmmm...

47Dany Heatley stats update - Page 3 Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:22 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:Interesting that going back to last season, Heatley has 22 goals in his last 88 games including the playoffs last year. Hmmm...

He's a bum and I dislike him intensely. Dancing

48Dany Heatley stats update - Page 3 Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:23 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:Interesting that going back to last season, Heatley has 22 goals in his last 88 games including the playoffs last year. Hmmm...

He's a bum and I dislike him intensely. Dancing

Tell us how you really feel.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum