GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Heatley vs. Michalek, Cheechoo and Kovalev Stats tracking

+9
PTFlea
TheAvatar
LeCaptain
Urkie
spader
Hoags
SensFan71
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:Another stat that should be "considered"... cap hit:

Heatley: $7.5M
MKC: $12.333M

Definite consideration. Good thing that it's not too much work to track that part of it. Actually another one to consider is Shorthanded goals which I believe is 2 to nothing in favour if MKC. Heatley vs. Michalek, Cheechoo and Kovalev Stats tracking - Page 2 Icon_smile
You can almost do a "cap hit equivalency" ratio... for every 1 point Heatley scores, the MKC line should score 1.6444 points to make the cap hit even out.

So, if Heatley finishes with... say 80 points, the MKC line should finish with 132 points all combined.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:Another stat that should be "considered"... cap hit:

Heatley: $7.5M
MKC: $12.333M

Definite consideration. Good thing that it's not too much work to track that part of it. Actually another one to consider is Shorthanded goals which I believe is 2 to nothing in favour if MKC. Heatley vs. Michalek, Cheechoo and Kovalev Stats tracking - Page 2 Icon_smile
You can almost do a "cap hit equivalency" ratio... for every 1 point Heatley scores, the MKC line should score 1.6444 points to make the cap hit even out.

So, if Heatley finishes with... say 80 points, the MKC line should finish with 132 points all combined.

An average of 44 each? Book it. Heatley will probably get a few more than 80 though, I'd imagine.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:Right now The Sharks making the playoffs is a little foggy compared to The Sens. The Sens are most certainly a top 2 team in their division, The Sharks may not be.

Also with The Sharks the divisions around them are a lot tougher like the Central and NW. The East still has the weaker teams.

Right now we are top 2 in the conference, not certain if that will last or not, but SJ is definitely not top 2 in the conference anymore, especially with the emergence of the Hawks.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:
N4L wrote:Right now The Sharks making the playoffs is a little foggy compared to The Sens. The Sens are most certainly a top 2 team in their division, The Sharks may not be.

Also with The Sharks the divisions around them are a lot tougher like the Central and NW. The East still has the weaker teams.

Right now we are top 2 in the conference, not certain if that will last or not, but SJ is definitely not top 2 in the conference anymore, especially with the emergence of the Hawks.

Far too early for it to mean anything, but the Sens are 2nd in the East and the Sharks are 8th in the West.

Sharks are not that good of a team. Their defense is VERY iffy if anyone has watched their games thus far and they are absolutely a 1 line, PP team.

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

N4L wrote:Sharks are not that good of a team. Their defense is VERY iffy if anyone has watched their games thus far and they are absolutely a 1 line, PP team.

I've watched them a bit too and that's the way I see them as well.

They can't generate chances 5 on 5 at all because they are kind of a slow team and the defense is pretty weak.

I saw that Heatley was put on the second PP unit in practice too which is hilarious...lol

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:Sharks are not that good of a team. Their defense is VERY iffy if anyone has watched their games thus far and they are absolutely a 1 line, PP team.

man that feels nice to hear about a team other than Ottawa, take that one Dany Heatley Heatley vs. Michalek, Cheechoo and Kovalev Stats tracking - Page 2 78253 Heatley vs. Michalek, Cheechoo and Kovalev Stats tracking - Page 2 493170 Heatley Heatley vs. Michalek, Cheechoo and Kovalev Stats tracking - Page 2 203549

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I'll feel better about our post-season chances once we beat a playoff bound team.

Sharks remind me of the Sens a few years ago. They'll make it but their make up won't get them far.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Urkie wrote:

I've watched them a bit too and that's the way I see them as well.

They can't generate chances 5 on 5 at all because they are kind of a slow team and the defense is pretty weak.

I saw that Heatley was put on the second PP unit in practice too which is hilarious...lol

Here's what his reaction was:

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

LOL

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

^ I like that one too.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hee-hee.

29Heatley vs. Michalek, Cheechoo and Kovalev Stats tracking - Page 2 Empty heatley demoted to 2nd power play unit Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:03 pm

Sophomore
Sophomore

awkward.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll merge this with the other Heatley thread.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:I think it's stupid to compare point because where we win this trade wont show up on the score sheet a lot of the time, just the standings and playoffs.

Heatley will light it up once every 4 games, get his 2 points so on and make it seem as if he is doing something special like he has always done. Then when it comes times to nut up he will be invisable. SJ is going to be in a fight for their playoff lives all year long, lets see if they even make it because everyone around them got a lot better and they got a little worse.

Agreed.

You'd need to look at stats like hits, take-aways etc. but also find a way to measure things like team morale, how much less pressure Alfredsson and Spezza feel now that we have depth, the improvement in Spezza's defensive game, etc.

Frankly, I'm not really sure why Sens fans seem so interested in keeping tabs on ____. Even as happy as I am with Michalek, I don't even think it's fair to evaluate the trade considering the circumstances. If we had gotten a bad deal, would it still have reflected poorly on Murray although his hands were tied and the players basically told him to move ____?

Just IMO, but I think it's better to move on. Good luck to him in San Jose, I guess. We're better off, more exciting, less lazy and top-heavy, and have less of a risk of someone on the team losing an eye from a stick waving around in the air.

Inevitably when _____ starts piling up the (often meaningless) points, this kind of thread will lend itself to complaints about the deal, regret, etc.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

He doesn't care, he's Dany Diddling Heatley!!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Agreed.

You'd need to look at stats like hits, take-aways etc. but also find a way to measure things like team morale, how much less pressure Alfredsson and Spezza feel now that we have depth, the improvement in Spezza's defensive game, etc.

Frankly, I'm not really sure why Sens fans seem so interested in keeping tabs on ____. Even as happy as I am with Michalek, I don't even think it's fair to evaluate the trade considering the circumstances. If we had gotten a bad deal, would it still have reflected poorly on Murray although his hands were tied and the players basically told him to move ____?

Just IMO, but I think it's better to move on. Good luck to him in San Jose, I guess. We're better off, more exciting, less lazy and top-heavy, and have less of a risk of someone on the team losing an eye from a stick waving around in the air.

Inevitably when _____ starts piling up the (often meaningless) points, this kind of thread will lend itself to complaints about the deal, regret, etc.

For sure. When he sucked in game one, I was amused, but whatever he does here on out I couldn't care less about. I've tried to avoid these threads for that reason and the massive fact that we have Milan Michalek now, someone who brings our team such a huge level of speed and talent, plays in all three situations, scores and is going to be a fan favourite (if he isn't already).

Screw Heatley, let him have his fun in the sun. When the playoffs roll around he'd better produce or there'll be hell to pay. That's enough pressure - and I don't even think he realizes it yet. Score 100 goals, do what you want - I wonder how hard it was for Wilson to finally give in and give up Milan. Must have been a heartbreaker.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum