GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

UPDATE Sergei Kostitsyn suspended again by Habs; done in Montreal?

+9
Tuk Tuk
asq2
PKC
SensFan71
shabbs
PTFlea
wprager
SeawaySensFan
The Silfer Server
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

PKC wrote:
N4L wrote:Never seen the big deal about this guy and apparently neither does anyone with a brain in MTL. Good for them, get rid of this chump.

What does his brother think of him?

Well, his brother should be happy he's still employed following this Summer's purge. If he gets his knickers in a not because his kid brother was demoted then it'll be his turn soon after. Both brothers should have been spending more time honing their skill instead of partying.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
PKC wrote:
N4L wrote:Never seen the big deal about this guy and apparently neither does anyone with a brain in MTL. Good for them, get rid of this chump.

What does his brother think of him?

Well, his brother should be happy he's still employed following this Summer's purge. If he gets his knickers in a not because his kid brother was demoted then it'll be his turn soon after. Both brothers should have been spending more time honing their skill instead of partying.

less time play Mob Wars as well, not the facebook version however. UPDATE Sergei Kostitsyn suspended again by Habs; done in Montreal? - Page 2 668437

Last edited by SensFan71 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Michel Bossy is a francophone. Not sure about Mark Napier.

Sorry I typed kinda backwards. You get the point.

Well, yeah, they picked the wrong guy, sure, but not for the reasons you were stating. You kind of went against your point.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Bass Destruction wrote:According to TSN.ca, Sergei Kostitsyn upon hearing of his demotion to the AHL, has refused to report. What's more is he has also requested to be traded. The Montreal Gazette further speculates of talk of him going to play in the KHL.

[url=http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=293177
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=293177[/quote[/url]]

Zubov and a pick for Kostitsyn? UPDATE Sergei Kostitsyn suspended again by Habs; done in Montreal? - Page 2 455378

Seriously though, I really think both Sergei and Andrei could be top notch players. Obviously Andrei's much closer to that, although he had a terrible camp.

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

If Sergei leaves they are missing out on a huge talent. I really think this guy has alot more raw talent than his brother, but if only he had Andrei's heart.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Tuk Tuk wrote:If Sergei leaves they are missing out on a huge talent. I really think this guy has alot more raw talent than his brother, but if only he had Andrei's heart.

Isn't Andrei quoted as saying something like "Hard work made me quit?" UPDATE Sergei Kostitsyn suspended again by Habs; done in Montreal? - Page 2 668437

At least,that's the quote in awesomerino's location on HB.

Both are very talented and bring a physical element to their game, but I'd say the heart part is where they're lacking.

They've both accumulated some pretty nice highlights on YouTube, though. Especially Andrei.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
Tuk Tuk wrote:If Sergei leaves they are missing out on a huge talent. I really think this guy has alot more raw talent than his brother, but if only he had Andrei's heart.

Isn't Andrei quoted as saying something like "Hard work made me quit?" UPDATE Sergei Kostitsyn suspended again by Habs; done in Montreal? - Page 2 668437

At least,that's the quote in awesomerino's location on HB.

Both are very talented and bring a physical element to their game, but I'd say the heart part is where they're lacking.

They've both accumulated some pretty nice highlights on YouTube, though. Especially Andrei.

highlight reel goals don't win championships, so the heart they are lacking as you stated is their big knocking point.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Probably the 2 guys I hate the most in the league...

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Talented kid. Never got his head straight about playing in the NHL.

The head of the IIHF, Rene Fasel, says SK can forget about jumping to the Russian League.

Evidently The Gazette forgot to do their homework on that 'speculation'.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:Talented kid. Never got his head straight about playing in the NHL.

The head of the IIHF, Rene Fasel, says SK can forget about jumping to the Russian League.

well I guess he will playing in Hamilton or nowhere. not a smart kid. UPDATE Sergei Kostitsyn suspended again by Habs; done in Montreal? - Page 2 78253

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:
davetherave wrote:Talented kid. Never got his head straight about playing in the NHL.

well I guess he will playing in Hamilton or nowhere. not a smart kid. UPDATE Sergei Kostitsyn suspended again by Habs; done in Montreal? - Page 2 78253

You got that right. SK's lack of smarts seems to be his undoing.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

TSN update says he's been suspended by the Canadiens, which is hardly a surprise.

What a nightmare the past season and a half has been for the Habs. Last season was eerily reminiscient of the Sens from '07-'08, which suggests a downward trend in '09-'10 - even the defensive minded coach (Martin) fits the comparison (Hartsburg).

I feel sorry for a lot of Habs fans who had suffered for quite a while before finally having a good, young, exciting team two seasons ago. They should have been set up for a while.

I'm not a fan of what they did in the off-season. That team desperately needed size up front and they added three of the smallest forwards in the league. I don't see any upgrade from Tanguay, Lang, Koivu, Higgins and Kovalev to Gomez, Cammalleri and Gionta, nor do I see an upgrade in going from Komisarek to Gill (granted, I like Spacek). Plus, S. Kost seems to be gone and Andrei's had a dreadful camp.

Markov, who's by far their best player, is now 30 ( I would have guessed he was older).

I would have blown this team up in the off-season and started from the ground up. They've got good young talent in the system on the blue-line and on defence. I would have targeted guys like Seguin in the 2010 draft and Couturier in 2011 and re-built an image for the franchise.

Of course, in a business world, that's easier said than done. And the pressure on the GM to win in a market like Montreal is very high.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

When you trade McDonagh for Gomez, I think it's clear you don't want a rebuild...

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Yup. Gainey and I do not share a similar vision.

He's the hall of famer, though.

MTL looks awful

Seriously. Not a good start... still early, I guess.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

they look sooo small i mean shenn is 6'2" and he looks like a giant

CCgotITcovered wrote:Seriously. Not a good start... still early, I guess.

It's been REALLY bad so far.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum