GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Senators after Sergei Zinovjev? UPDATE!

+7
mattshock
wprager
Cronie
TheAvatar
COLLAR UP
smash88
rooneypoo
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Senators after Sergei Zinovjev? UPDATE! Empty Senators after Sergei Zinovjev? UPDATE! Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:57 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

As per Dobber's daily notes:

http://www.dobberhockey.com/content/view/1518/1/

Zinovjev was drafted in 2000 but (Nikulin-style) Wing Dang Doodle and moaned about not playing in the NHL, and then (Radulov-style) eventually returned to Russia. Sounds like now he wants out and is looking for a second chance in the NHL. Other than that, he seems like a decent centre, putting up a points and penalties at a rate of about 1+ per game...

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=51178

Last edited by rooneypoo on Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Do we really need him though? Haven't we had enough of these types?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

smash88 wrote:Do we really need him though? Haven't we had enough of these types?

Hey, I'm just reporting the news, not advocating one way or the other on this move... 8)

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

anyone know anything more about him...

seems pretty small at 172 lbs...

let's bring Yashin back...lol...

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
smash88 wrote:Do we really need him though? Haven't we had enough of these types?

Hey, I'm just reporting the news, not advocating one way or the other on this move... 8)

Yeah, I hear ya... We'll see, but i just can't see them picking this guy up... But hey who knows... :D

COLLAR UP wrote:anyone know anything more about him...

In a heartbeat if he signed for the minimum with some incentive clauses. Attitude aside, he's still talented enough to help an NHL club. We'd actually have a 2nd line centre too.

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

hemlock34 wrote:
COLLAR UP wrote:anyone know anything more about him...

In a heartbeat if he signed for the minimum with some incentive clauses. Attitude aside, he's still talented enough to help an NHL club. We'd actually have a 2nd line centre too.

my thoughts exactly...

and he is wicked on the PP

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I think that you might see a whole different attitude when a player has come here, it hasn't worked out, they've gone away and now, they want a second chance. They have a lot more experience (I mean life experience and overall wisdom) and presumably they really want it ... Who knows tho ... ?!?

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Is this a legit rumor, so to speak?

10Senators after Sergei Zinovjev? UPDATE! Empty Re: Senators after Sergei Zinovjev? UPDATE! Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:01 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

LOL, what the heck is a "legit rumor".

11Senators after Sergei Zinovjev? UPDATE! Empty Re: Senators after Sergei Zinovjev? UPDATE! Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:51 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

A point per game in a league with no second assists? Go on ...

12Senators after Sergei Zinovjev? UPDATE! Empty Re: Senators after Sergei Zinovjev? UPDATE! Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:56 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:A point per game in a league with no second assists? Go on ...

I don't know much about this guy other than that he was a highly-touted draft pick back in 2000, but when Dobber says, "If he returns to the NHL, get ready to pick him up in your pool ASAP," I straighten up and pay attention. I don't know about you, but to me that sounds like a ringing endorsement to me as concerns the guy's talent level, at the very least.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hmm, I just checked his stats in the KHL and he has 1 goal and 1 assist in 10 games:
http://www.khl.ru/players/?idplayer=4227

Is Dobber working on old numbers?

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Questionable KHL stats strike again!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

mattshock wrote:Questionable KHL stats strike again!

Those stats are supported by hockeydb:
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=51178

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum