GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Senators after Sergei Zinovjev? UPDATE!

+7
mattshock
wprager
Cronie
TheAvatar
COLLAR UP
smash88
rooneypoo
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Hmm, I just checked his stats in the KHL and he has 1 goal and 1 assist in 10 games:
http://www.khl.ru/players/?idplayer=4227

Is Dobber working on old numbers?

mattshock

Veteran
Veteran

Questionable KHL stats strike again!

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

mattshock wrote:Questionable KHL stats strike again!

Those stats are supported by hockeydb:
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=51178

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Thanks pragman!

I'm checking hdb to see if Emery's numbers are up.

EDIT: They are!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

mattshock wrote:Thanks pragman!

I'm checking hdb to see if Emery's numbers are up.

EDIT: They are!

Watsamatter, can't read this? :D

Игрок И В П ИБ Бр П Ш ОБ %ОБ КН ГП И"0" Штр ВП
20Гелашвили Георгий2516836704262893.71.661321515:29
84Барулин Константин2415965875952889.92.400121472:47
30Ерёменко Александр2014415293849192.82.040101118:11
31Эш Роберт1913613943036492.41.571661142:53
74Алистратов Данила2412715095345689.62.551201248:57
35Прусек Мартин26121146267355388.32.910301504:13
73Проскуряков Илья1811524513841391.62.210241031:37
31Стана Растислав2111464685041889.32.730021100:40
20Колесник Виталий1710153041728794.41.46032697:21
1Эмери Раймонд1710404963446293.12.020121009:11

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I have trouble reading to begin with!

22Senators after Sergei Zinovjev? UPDATE! - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators after Sergei Zinovjev? UPDATE! Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:18 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

mattshock wrote:I have trouble reading to begin with!

Another post with the need for a rim-shot icon.

But seriously, Emery is having a better year (statistically) than he had in the AHL. Surely, the shooters in the KHL are better than in the AHL, and the defense is not significantly better (less clutch-and-grab). He's 10-4 with GAAS approaching 2 and a .930 SV%. That save percentage would land him 3rd in the NHL, and with that goals against average he'd be top-5 (just ahead of Auld).

I think there would definitely be some interest in him now.

23Senators after Sergei Zinovjev? UPDATE! - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators after Sergei Zinovjev? UPDATE! Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:25 pm

wprager wrote:

But seriously, Emery is having a better year (statistically) than he had in the AHL. Surely, the shooters in the KHL are better than in the AHL, and the defense is not significantly better (less clutch-and-grab). He's 10-4 with GAAS approaching 2 and a .930 SV%. That save percentage would land him 3rd in the NHL, and with that goals against average he'd be top-5 (just ahead of Auld).

I would say the AHL and the KHL are very much comparable in every aspect except goaltending. The AHL defently has better goaltenders. In terms of overall skill, very much the same.

The KHL there is a lot more clutching and grabbing with a defense first mentality for the most part. Its is very much like every other European league, but there is a lot more skill then the others.

I would put up an AHL all-star team with a KHL all-star team, if they played 10 games, it may very well be 5-5.

24Senators after Sergei Zinovjev? UPDATE! - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators after Sergei Zinovjev? UPDATE! Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:48 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Neely4Life wrote:
wprager wrote:

I would say the AHL and the KHL are very much comparable in every aspect except goaltending. The AHL defently has better goaltenders. In terms of overall skill, very much the same.

The KHL there is a lot more clutching and grabbing with a defense first mentality for the most part. Its is very much like every other European league, but there is a lot more skill then the others.

I would put up an AHL all-star team with a KHL all-star team, if they played 10 games, it may very well be 5-5.

Really? All-star?

Jagr, Radulov, Morozov, Perzhogin, Radivojevic, Nikolishin -- and I'm just mentioning names we'd all be familiar with. Lots of NHL experience over there. What makes you think they would not be better than the AHL?

For the most part, they are over the hill NHLers or guys that left for money. Aside from Morozov and Radulov, there are not a lot of guys that are that much better than some AHLers. There is a lot of skill down in the AHL, better goaltending and way more physical.

Again, it would be close IMO.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

IIRC, Oleg Saprykin dominated in Russia after leaving the Sens.

I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time SZ has given the NHL a shot.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

That's the AHL though. The NHL is a completely different story. The KHL is nothing close to the same talent level as our league.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PKC wrote:
That's the AHL though. The NHL is a completely different story. The KHL is nothing close to the same talent level as our league.

If you look at his stats going from the AHL to the NHL they were not all that different. His level of play is better than it was when he got his first chance at the NHL. It's not like he will be looking for a $3M contract.

29Senators after Sergei Zinovjev? UPDATE! - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators after Sergei Zinovjev? UPDATE! Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:18 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

UPDATE:

According to Dobber, Zinovjev has been released from his Russian team, opening the door to begin talks with interested NHL teams:

http://www.dobberhockey.com/content/view/1523/1/

Dobber's seems very high on this guy, which is starting to get me a little excited:

"Further to my earlier ramblings, Sergei Zinovjev is rumored to have been released by Ak Bars Kazan. I have no doubt that the Sens are at least a little interested. His contract had run until 2012, but with this release I am guessing he could then speak to interested parties. WATCH this situation, it is as almost important as the Radulov one."

30Senators after Sergei Zinovjev? UPDATE! - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators after Sergei Zinovjev? UPDATE! Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:25 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What makes me wonder about him a bit is that they released him. Is there a reason for the release? Was it too much money?

- Unknown Author

31Senators after Sergei Zinovjev? UPDATE! - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators after Sergei Zinovjev? UPDATE! Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:26 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:What makes me wonder about him a bit is that they released him. Is there a reason for the release? Was it too much money?

Maybe he refused to come back, forcing their hand?

32Senators after Sergei Zinovjev? UPDATE! - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators after Sergei Zinovjev? UPDATE! Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:27 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

This could be the reason they put Richardson on waivers yesterday...could be a done deal!!!

33Senators after Sergei Zinovjev? UPDATE! - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators after Sergei Zinovjev? UPDATE! Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:27 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:What makes me wonder about him a bit is that they released him. Is there a reason for the release? Was it too much money?

No, I don't think so. Rumour has it (and, sorry, that's all I have for you) is that he wanted out because he wants to return to the NHL, plain and simple. Leaving the Russian team would be the obvious step #1.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum