GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Senators after Sergei Zinovjev? UPDATE!

+7
mattshock
wprager
Cronie
TheAvatar
COLLAR UP
smash88
rooneypoo
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Senators after Sergei Zinovjev? UPDATE! - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators after Sergei Zinovjev? UPDATE! Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:26 am

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:What makes me wonder about him a bit is that they released him. Is there a reason for the release? Was it too much money?

Maybe he refused to come back, forcing their hand?

32Senators after Sergei Zinovjev? UPDATE! - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators after Sergei Zinovjev? UPDATE! Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:27 am

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

This could be the reason they put Richardson on waivers yesterday...could be a done deal!!!

33Senators after Sergei Zinovjev? UPDATE! - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators after Sergei Zinovjev? UPDATE! Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:27 am

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:What makes me wonder about him a bit is that they released him. Is there a reason for the release? Was it too much money?

No, I don't think so. Rumour has it (and, sorry, that's all I have for you) is that he wanted out because he wants to return to the NHL, plain and simple. Leaving the Russian team would be the obvious step #1.

34Senators after Sergei Zinovjev? UPDATE! - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators after Sergei Zinovjev? UPDATE! Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:31 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

jamvan wrote:This could be the reason they put Richardson on waivers yesterday...could be a done deal!!!

It's sounding more and more like there's nothing fancy about putting Richardson on waivers. All reports are suggesting the Murray and Richardson discussed the possibility of precisely the scenario, and both parties were on board before signing. He getting up there and simply hasn't got the skill-set we need right now, which is why guys like Bell, Lee, and even Schubert will always be ahead of him on the depth chart. I don't think this move is a prelude to anything -- rather, it's just wrapping up much older loose ends.

35Senators after Sergei Zinovjev? UPDATE! - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators after Sergei Zinovjev? UPDATE! Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:35 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
jamvan wrote:This could be the reason they put Richardson on waivers yesterday...could be a done deal!!!

It's sounding more and more like there's nothing fancy about putting Richardson on waivers. All reports are suggesting the Murray and Richardson discussed the possibility of precisely the scenario, and both parties were on board before signing. He getting up there and simply hasn't got the skill-set we need right now, which is why guys like Bell, Lee, and even Schubert will always be ahead of him on the depth chart. I don't think this move is a prelude to anything -- rather, it's just wrapping up much older loose ends.

That's what I said yesterday. This waiving is what it is.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum