GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Preseason - Ottawa @ Montreal - 7:30pm - Fri. Sept. 18th, 2009

+18
garblar
Vandelay
Bramlet07
Hockeyhero22000
LeCaptain
The Silfer Server
Sp00nz
PTFlea
jamvan
asq2
Amnesia021
Hayden
Hobiesens
SeawaySensFan
SensFan71
Jordo
wprager
shabbs
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 12]

5'7? Ya, with a serious growth spurt.

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Look at the difference in skate size GAME DAY: Preseason - Ottawa @ Montreal - 7:30pm - Fri. Sept. 18th, 2009 - Page 3 760585

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY: Preseason - Ottawa @ Montreal - 7:30pm - Fri. Sept. 18th, 2009 - Page 3 Hockey-smurf

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:GAME DAY: Preseason - Ottawa @ Montreal - 7:30pm - Fri. Sept. 18th, 2009 - Page 3 Hockey-smurf

I love it, anyway we can get the sound staff at SBP to play the smurfs theme song as the Habs hit the ice? GAME DAY: Preseason - Ottawa @ Montreal - 7:30pm - Fri. Sept. 18th, 2009 - Page 3 668437

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Hobiesens wrote:Also, prior to game time, Melnyk will be on the FAN 590 with Bob McCowan (sportsnet connected prime time sports) at 6:05 pm.
He was on yesterday

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ottawa Roster for today's game:

http://senators.nhl.com/v2/ext/PDFs/090918_Ottawa_roster.pdf

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Let's not get too ahead of ourselves now... I'd like to see the Sens' forwards start to gel, put the puck in the net and get a win.

Absolutely. I'm nervous about Cowen - although I'm sure he wouldn't play if there was a risk, but I want to put some pucks in the net.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, someone had an interesting point on one of the other blogs. The Habs forwards' shoulders come up to Cowen's knee so the Sens brass must be pretty confident it can take that hit.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:Let's not get too ahead of ourselves now... I'd like to see the Sens' forwards start to gel, put the puck in the net and get a win.

Absolutely. I'm nervous about Cowen - although I'm sure he wouldn't play if there was a risk, but I want to put some pucks in the net.
Have to get in there some time. He'll be just fine.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I agree, he's so absolutely amazing that if he's good to take contact he'll be just fine.

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:
jamvan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I agree, he's so absolutely amazing that if he's good to take contact he'll be just fine.

I just want to see him play. I haven't been this excited about Senators defensive prospects since Redden and Phillips were coming up the ranks.

I'm more impressed with Karrlson every time I see him play. There were times the other night that he was flat out dominant, lots of confidence on the powerplay. Hopefully Cowen can show the same poise, if not the offensive skill.

Ya, the only players I've seen coming into the league with as much confidence as Karlsson are Malkin, Ovechkin, Crosby, and Daughtey. Kane had a nice rookie year but he was dominate or showed off the confidence Karlsson has.

Im not saying Karlsson will be on that level but he has their confidence for sure. That's just gonna make him a better player.

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

I don't think its unrealistic to believe Karrlson has the potential to be a top 5 point producing blueliner in this league. Im not saying he will, but he was the skill and confidence to reach that level. He just needs to bulk up a bit, at some point this season he is going to be steamrolled by somebody like Lucic.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:Ya, the only players I've seen coming into the league with as much confidence as Karlsson are Malkin, Ovechkin, Crosby, and Daughtey. Kane had a nice rookie year but he was dominate or showed off the confidence Karlsson has.

Im not saying Karlsson will be on that level but he has their confidence for sure. That's just gonna make him a better player.

that's definitely a compliment to Karlsson's play, I see him very limited in the WJC, his control of the game really impressed me, await seeing him more in these preaseason and season games to view more of that poise.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sportsnet preview of tonight's game....

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/09/18/michalak_sen_debut/

Nice pic of Cowen:

GAME DAY: Preseason - Ottawa @ Montreal - 7:30pm - Fri. Sept. 18th, 2009 - Page 3 Cowen_jared_260

Sp00nz wrote:I don't think its unrealistic to believe Karrlson has the potential to be a top 5 point producing blueliner in this league. Im not saying he will, but he was the skill and confidence to reach that level. He just needs to bulk up a bit, at some point this season he is going to be steamrolled by somebody like Lucic.

He will absolutly be top 5 in NHL production, probably in less then 5 years. I'm going to go as far to say he might be top 10 or 15 this year.

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

I've made the conclusion that I will not be doing any more work today. Anybody wanna chat it up? I'm in the room. Let's get a good pregame discuss going.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

"Erik Karlsson" is Swedish for "Paul Coffey".

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum