GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Preseason - Ottawa @ Montreal - 7:30pm - Fri. Sept. 18th, 2009

+18
garblar
Vandelay
Bramlet07
Hockeyhero22000
LeCaptain
The Silfer Server
Sp00nz
PTFlea
jamvan
asq2
Amnesia021
Hayden
Hobiesens
SeawaySensFan
SensFan71
Jordo
wprager
shabbs
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 12]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Marakh, if you are reading this, you are wanted over in the Round 13 thread, stat.

Can we wait for the end of the game? I'm watching Michalek finishing checks GAME DAY: Preseason - Ottawa @ Montreal - 7:30pm - Fri. Sept. 18th, 2009 - Page 11 919983

jawal

Rookie
Rookie

Bass Destruction wrote:In case anybody doesn't have RDS at home, I found this link on myp2p...

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/tbn

password: myp2p

That's for the tip. It was great to be able to watch the game. Well not exactly great based on the performance of a number of the players but it is pre-season. 1 goal per pre-season game makes it tough to win. Hopefully they will drop this habit soon.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Finally got to watch a whole preseason game

- Where's our offense, only 1 goal in each game ? No 5-on-5 goals ?
- Alfie looked off tonight, Campoli seemed a bit off tonight as well
- I didn't really notice Regin tonight .. Zubov looked a bit better to me
- Really impressed by Jason Spezza, I barely recognized him out there
- Michalek !!! (what more can I say .. he looked awesome out there)
- Cowen looked real good for his 1st game and coming off that injury
- I thought Leclaire looked good out there, Lehner as well.

marakh wrote:
wprager wrote:Marakh, if you are reading this, you are wanted over in the Round 13 thread, stat.

Can we wait for the end of the game? I'm watching Michalek finishing checks GAME DAY: Preseason - Ottawa @ Montreal - 7:30pm - Fri. Sept. 18th, 2009 - Page 11 919983

GAME DAY: Preseason - Ottawa @ Montreal - 7:30pm - Fri. Sept. 18th, 2009 - Page 11 13980 GAME DAY: Preseason - Ottawa @ Montreal - 7:30pm - Fri. Sept. 18th, 2009 - Page 11 472966 GAME DAY: Preseason - Ottawa @ Montreal - 7:30pm - Fri. Sept. 18th, 2009 - Page 11 48959 GAME DAY: Preseason - Ottawa @ Montreal - 7:30pm - Fri. Sept. 18th, 2009 - Page 11 263560

I think we are going to love this guy. Mach 9 reincarnated, without the kicking and one year deals Wink

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

So, Michel Bergeron just sayed we have the same team as last year (one line team), knowing we basically had kids for the rest of the line up. He doesn't stop there, saying we have the worst D in the entire league, with probably 2 of them who will start the year...
I wonder sometimes how some of those people became NHL coaches. GAME DAY: Preseason - Ottawa @ Montreal - 7:30pm - Fri. Sept. 18th, 2009 - Page 11 812636

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:Finally got to watch a whole preseason game

Regin was the 3rd best forward tonight, after Spezza and Michalek.

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

ok 3 preseason losses in a row CANNOT be good, I'm pissed. I'll take comfort that Spezza was impressive

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

Sens19 wrote:ok 3 preseason losses in a row CANNOT be good, I'm pissed. I'll take comfort that Spezza was impressive
Didn't get to watch it, still not worried one bit. Until we lose with our full squad intact, I won't worry at all. Even then, I'd give them a 2 weeks (so about 3-4 games into the reg season) to show me who they are, what they are.

asq2 wrote:
Sens19 wrote:All that Alfie talk is getting me worried, is he that bad?

No, he's just trying to do too much. He should be looking to pass to Michalek more IMO.

Either Montreal's defence is really slow, or Spezza has added a stride-and-a-half this off-season. I haven't seen him beat a man outside like he did since Junior.

Having only seen the 2nd FLA game, I can only speak to that, but I got the impression that he may have been too busy watching the rest of the players to play his game. T.Murray said earlier this week that having Alfie around was like having a 2nd coach, but if he's busy thinking like a coach on the ice (which he would be in the preseason) then he isn't thinking like a player.

Much like the team, I won't be worried about Alfie until such time that he continues to play like this into the preseason or when the roster is virtually set.

btw very encouraging to hear about Spezza. No one really commented on it, but for the first time, maybe ever GAME DAY: Preseason - Ottawa @ Montreal - 7:30pm - Fri. Sept. 18th, 2009 - Page 11 455378 , he finished a check in the FLA game. It was a big hit along boards in the O.zone and he was a lot more physical.

We could have a player on our hands, people GAME DAY: Preseason - Ottawa @ Montreal - 7:30pm - Fri. Sept. 18th, 2009 - Page 11 Icon_smile

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Sens19 wrote:ok 3 preseason losses in a row CANNOT be good, I'm pissed. I'll take comfort that Spezza was impressive

Nop, it's awesome, 06/07 awesome. GAME DAY: Preseason - Ottawa @ Montreal - 7:30pm - Fri. Sept. 18th, 2009 - Page 11 563556

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

CCgotITcovered wrote:btw very encouraging to hear about Spezza. No one really commented on it, but for the first time, maybe ever GAME DAY: Preseason - Ottawa @ Montreal - 7:30pm - Fri. Sept. 18th, 2009 - Page 11 455378 , he finished a check in the FLA game. It was a big hit along boards in the O.zone and he was a lot more physical.

We could have a player on our hands, people GAME DAY: Preseason - Ottawa @ Montreal - 7:30pm - Fri. Sept. 18th, 2009 - Page 11 Icon_smile

I just hope he didn't drop muscle to pick up speed. He's gotta be one of the weakest 6'3" players in the league.

He was weak because, like the rest of them, he was out of shape.

If he dropped a little big of muscle to lean out, it won't necessarily make him weaker. If he worked on his total body composition, he'll be better than fine.

Who knows---maybe he just did a ton of isometrics over the summer and just bulked up his tendons. My understanding is: that works...

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Spezza, at least in the first 2 periods, could have had at least 5 points. There were goal posts, linemates not ready (chemistry and all that), Alfie was awful etc. Thank god Heatley asked for a trade, I think Murray would have been tempted to trade Spezza if it didn't happen.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Man Spezza was sick tonight. Michalek is delicious as well... :drooling: Alfie is rusty as Dung - and Picard had the single worst game I've ever seen a D-man have. It was embarrassing and cringe-worthy to watch.

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:Man Spezza was sick tonight. Michalek is delicious as well... GAME DAY: Preseason - Ottawa @ Montreal - 7:30pm - Fri. Sept. 18th, 2009 - Page 11 48959 Alfie is rusty as Dung - and Picard had the single worst game I've ever seen a D-man have. It was embarrassing and cringe-worthy to watch.

Ouch! Too harsh maybe? GAME DAY: Preseason - Ottawa @ Montreal - 7:30pm - Fri. Sept. 18th, 2009 - Page 11 Icon_tongue For some reason I've always liked him more than Lee but Lee seems to be impressing some people so I might change my mind once the season starts

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sens19 wrote:
Ouch! Too harsh maybe? GAME DAY: Preseason - Ottawa @ Montreal - 7:30pm - Fri. Sept. 18th, 2009 - Page 11 Icon_tongue For some reason I've always liked him more than Lee but Lee seems to be impressing some people so I might change my mind once the season starts

Really? I thought Picard had a heck of a game in his first game, but he was running around tonight like a chicken with his head cut off. Like this -> Ahhhhh! Campoli had a rough go as well. Not the end of the world, just a really off night for Picard tonight.

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

marakh wrote:
Hoags wrote:Finally got to watch a whole preseason game

Regin was the 3rd best forward tonight, after Spezza and Michalek.

One of the biggest things I noticed was how out of place Zubov looked. He was in on soooo many plays where he had a chance to do something and kept either turning it over or missing the entire net. It's too bad but he's not ready for a full time NHL gig....Smith and Regin looked waaaay better.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum