GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich

+17
LethalLehner
Vandelay
strachattack
Amnesia021
asq2
shabbs
bluewhiteandgolf
M_Christopher
jamvan
SensGirl11
Sens19
caissie_1
PTFlea
Phoenix30
beedub
SeawaySensFan
Hockeyhero22000
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 11]

121Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 9 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:24 pm

Amnesia021

Rookie
Rookie

SensGirl11 wrote:
hemlock wrote:
Amnesia021 wrote:With all these new Dmen, do you think maybe the canucks are setting up a heatley & leclaire for Luongo trade? Sarcasm FingersCrossed

And that does what for our offense? Personally, I don't want Luongo. I think we are set with Elliott and Leclaire until a guy like Lehner can take over.

It's tough to say something like "I don't want Luongo" but I get your drift for sure. I agree. I would love to have him, but at the expense of what?

I think with a trade like that we'd have about 4 mil in cap space to sign 1-2 forwards

122Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 9 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:24 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:...waiting for the other shoe to drop... Ahhhhh!

You don't make a deal like this without having something lined-up.

123Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 9 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:26 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Think Heatley may head to Vancouver?

124Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 9 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:26 pm

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Unfortunately a Canucks or Sharks trade will probably be for someone other than Heatley.

125Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 9 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:35 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Monkhouse wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Think Heatley may head to Vancouver?
Something else big would have to happen in order to facilitate that... 'Nucks are now over the cap and we're pretty much on the cap.

126Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 9 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:40 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

according to capgeek the nucks are 900K over the cap without schnieder so they are looking at around 2M over right now although they have some excess D man move one and they are fine

127Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 9 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:41 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Monkhouse wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Kevin Bieksa
Sami Salo
Willie Mitchell
Alexander Edler
Christian Ehrhoff
Shane O'Brien
Brad Lukowich
Matt Schneider

Goodness gracious, you can't keep this many NHL D-man on one team.

Trade coming!

Do i get this trade in SIM... I would image no... :P :b:

You do as it occured before Sept 1.

128Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 9 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:44 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

JESUS! i go to work for 8 hours and the dung hits the fan!!!

i have to agree there is no way vancouver is stockpilling that much on D just for themselves... there is a trade brewing quickly for vancouver. although i doubt it is for healtey and i doubt it is for kessel... we have to be thinking a team that isn't near the cap and needs D-man.... what about atlanta? Florida? columbus?LA even... anahaim might be a possibility. i could see carolina or the habs somehow connected but they'd need to shed some players too...
so there is plenty Van could do with quite a few partners to dance with...

as far as SJS they needed the cap space to pay for their own players to come up thru the system.
there is a possibility though that they do a trade that frees the smae amout of cap space for the 2 teams, but i wont lose sleep over it.

it is interesting though...

129Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 9 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:53 pm

Phoenix30 wrote:
Monkhouse wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Kevin Bieksa
Sami Salo
Willie Mitchell
Alexander Edler
Christian Ehrhoff
Shane O'Brien
Brad Lukowich
Matt Schneider

Goodness gracious, you can't keep this many NHL D-man on one team.

Trade coming!

Do i get this trade in SIM... I would image no... Razz DancingBanana

You do as it occured before Sept 1.

EXCELLENT!

130Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 9 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:10 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:JESUS! i go to work for 8 hours and the dung hits the fan!!!

i have to agree there is no way vancouver is stockpilling that much on D just for themselves... there is a trade brewing quickly for vancouver. although i doubt it is for healtey and i doubt it is for kessel... we have to be thinking a team that isn't near the cap and needs D-man.... what about atlanta? Florida? columbus?LA even... anahaim might be a possibility. i could see carolina or the habs somehow connected but they'd need to shed some players too...

as far as SJS they needed the cap space to pay for their own players to come up thru the system.
there is a possibility though that they do a trade that frees the smae amout of cap space for the 2 teams, but i wont lose sleep over it.

Mathew Barry said yesterday in his blog on HB that he believes the Kings are looking a D

131Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 9 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:19 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:JESUS! i go to work for 8 hours and the dung hits the fan!!!

Mathew Barry said yesterday in his blog on HB that he believes the Kings are looking a D
montreal is trying to ad some size to it's team also. PK subban is
expected to make the team to some degree. lot's of teams still feel
they are short a few people... it will be interesting to see how this
will pan out.

132Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 9 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Have we traded Heatley yet? :h:

133Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 9 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:05 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

i wish Ahhhhh!

134Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 9 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:18 pm

jawal

jawal
Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:If Vancouver's in on it, I think it's Edler and Kesler.

If San Jose's in on it, I think it's a bigger trade from our side and I think we end up with either Clowe and Michalek or Pavelski/Seto and Michalek/Clowe.

Looks like someone's about to give in finally IMO. This wasn't a trade out of cap necessity by the Sharks. No one's that dumb.

Edler and Kesler are the future of the franchise(other than Bobby Lou). Both young, very good and fan favourites. If Luongo gives up captaincy, Kesler will be the captain.

Ottawa fans can dream but neither would be coming back for Heatley.

135Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 9 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:31 pm

jawal

jawal
Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:I guess Lukowich could be gassed to the minors, but still...that's 7 NHL caliber D-men. All making over a million.

One of the 7 D is Sami Salo, ex Senator. He is very unlucky from an injury perspective. He has averaged 62 games a year with the Canucks.

Schneider averages about 68 games each of the last 4 years.

Having 7D will give them depth in case of injury.

Course maybe some of the D will be offered up as trade bait.

136Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 9 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:44 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jawal wrote:
Edler and Kesler are the future of the franchise(other than Bobby Lou). Both young, very good and fan favourites. If Luongo gives up captaincy, Kesler will be the captain.

Dany Heatley is young, (was) a fan favourite, one of the best snipers of our generation, could have been a captain one day and is an awesome player.

Canucks fans can dream, but they can't have him without paying.

137Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 9 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:44 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

i still think there is a trade coming somewhere maybe not the heatley trade we all want but i think vancouver is going to have to deal one of their D and the Sharks need a couple forwards still

138Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 9 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:51 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
jawal wrote:

Dany Heatley is young, (was) a fan favourite, one of the best snipers of our generation, could have been a captain one day and is an awesome player.

Canucks fans can dream, but they can't have him without paying.

You gotta admit though, Kesler is an icnh from being a franchise player. THe guy is on the 1st unit of PP, PK and puts up 60 points while being a Selke nominee. Is killing everything in the playoffs and on top of that, is still 24 years old (someone tell me WTF happened in 1984-5)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum