GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wild acquire Fritsche from NYR

+2
SensGirl11
Riprock
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wild acquire Fritsche from NYR Empty Wild acquire Fritsche from NYR Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:23 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=265045&lid=sublink01&lpos=headlines_nhl

NYR trade C Dan Fritsche to MIN for D Erik Reitz.

Weird considering I had just saw Fritsche was on waivers not to long ago, why not claim him for nothing?

2Wild acquire Fritsche from NYR Empty Re: Wild acquire Fritsche from NYR Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:27 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

DashRiprock wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=265045&lid=sublink01&lpos=headlines_nhl

Weird considering I had just saw Fritsche was on waivers not to long ago, why not claim him for nothing?

Hmmm...that's an interesting one. I didn't realize he was on waivers this year...I guess they didn't want to take on half of his salary and wanted to move money themselves...not sure. Weird.

3Wild acquire Fritsche from NYR Empty Re: Wild acquire Fritsche from NYR Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-ust....

4Wild acquire Fritsche from NYR Empty Re: Wild acquire Fritsche from NYR Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:30 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I saw on either TSN or Sportsnet ticker he was waived, and that was Tuesday if I'm not mistaken.... i'm like 99.9% sure.

5Wild acquire Fritsche from NYR Empty Re: Wild acquire Fritsche from NYR Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:33 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

that's a very bizarre move IMHO.

Hey Murray, what are you waiting for?!!? LOL

6Wild acquire Fritsche from NYR Empty Re: Wild acquire Fritsche from NYR Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:37 pm

DashRiprock wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=265045&lid=sublink01&lpos=headlines_nhl

All you have to read into that is that the Wild obviously wanted to move Reitz and the Rangers didn't want him. So, they waive Fritsche to see if anyone will take him without them having to take anything back, but no one bit... Now, they're forced into this trade...

7Wild acquire Fritsche from NYR Empty Re: Wild acquire Fritsche from NYR Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:41 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

DashRiprock wrote:I saw on either TSN or Sportsnet ticker he was waived, and that was Tuesday if I'm not mistaken.... i'm like 99.9% sure.

You're right, I definitely read that Fritche was on waivers, on the TSN website, last night. I don't know what's happened here. As far as I understand it, you can't trade a player during the 24-hours he's on waivers -- before or after, yes, but not during that 24-hour period in which he's available to anyone who wants him, for free. Maybe he cleared and then was traded immediately after...?

8Wild acquire Fritsche from NYR Empty Re: Wild acquire Fritsche from NYR Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:58 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

There's something more underlying - Wild are probably looking to move Gaborik, so is it possible that they are trying to make room for a massive salary infusion?

9Wild acquire Fritsche from NYR Empty Re: Wild acquire Fritsche from NYR Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:15 pm

I think you're reading a little too much into it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum