GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Canes acquire Jokinen

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Canes acquire Jokinen Empty Canes acquire Jokinen Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:27 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Carolina acquires Jussi Jokinen from the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for Wade Brookbank and Josef Melichar, and a 4th rnd pick in 09.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=266169&lid=sublink01&lpos=headlines_nhl

2Canes acquire Jokinen Empty Re: Canes acquire Jokinen Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:02 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

DashRiprock wrote:Carolina acquires Jussi Jokinen from the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for Wade Brookbank and Josef Melichar, and a 4th rnd pick in 09.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=266169&lid=sublink01&lpos=headlines_nhl

I can't believe teams are willing to give up a draft pick to make sure salary evens out. CAR could have had Jokinen for nothing by picking him up off waivers, like, two days before. Instead, they make this trade -- which, yes, gets some dead weight / salary off the team, but also costs them a reasonable draft pick. Strange.

3Canes acquire Jokinen Empty Re: Canes acquire Jokinen Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:36 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He makes everyone on that team a foot taller.

4Canes acquire Jokinen Empty Re: Canes acquire Jokinen Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:09 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Could always pick the player up off waivers then waive the guys you wanted to get rid of?

Yeah, you still have to pay their salaries if they clear, but you save that pick which could be a mistake.

5Canes acquire Jokinen Empty Re: Canes acquire Jokinen Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:04 am

bravenash55

Prospect
Prospect

Yes i am so happy we acquired Jussi Jokinen i liked him on tampa bay and even dallas stars..so ive always liked him and having the hurricanes as my favorite team i am so happy we got him. we really needed him. i think he'll be great for our Centre for 3rd line or even a LW in our 2nd line or 3rd..but he needs to get some ice time to produce his talent. And i have seen in the past he is a beast in a shootout so hopefully he will keep his beastingness alive with the canes when we need him for the Shootout and even penalty kill. and a entergetic 3rd line..And i was watching the Pheonix game Feb.7 2009 when he played his 1st game as a cane and oh boy if he didnt do great in the face-off circle. exactly what we needed. some face-off wins for our 3rd line to get all our 3rd liners up and alive with the puck. Congrats Jussi Jokinen hopefully we wont waive you soon..I think he is gonna be a big ascet to our 3rd line or whateva line he plays in. and to our penalty kill. GO CANES!! oh yah Jussi Jokinen won 13 of 15 face-offs in his first game with the canes and got an assist with our 7-2 win over Pheonix. so that shows he kinda made a good impact :pirat:

6Canes acquire Jokinen Empty Re: Canes acquire Jokinen Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:11 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't watch Jussi so I can't really say if he's a solid pickup but it doesn't seem like a move that'll hurt either so here's hoping it works out for you. BTW nice to have you aboard. Don't feel intimidated because you're the only Canes fan so far and the place is swarming with Sens fans :D Bring more of the Canes faithful because it's always great to have perspective from fans of other teams.

- Unknown Author

7Canes acquire Jokinen Empty Re: Canes acquire Jokinen Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:07 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Brookbank and Melichar were both waived shortly after being acquired.

8Canes acquire Jokinen Empty Re: Canes acquire Jokinen Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:11 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So Jokinen for a 4th I guess? Not bad.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum