GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich

+17
LethalLehner
Vandelay
strachattack
Amnesia021
asq2
shabbs
bluewhiteandgolf
M_Christopher
jamvan
SensGirl11
Sens19
caissie_1
PTFlea
Phoenix30
beedub
SeawaySensFan
Hockeyhero22000
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 11]

151Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 11 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:17 am

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

I look this over, and I think a Heatley+ for Michalek+ deal makes a LOT more sense, cap-wise and so on. And I've been saying forever that Michalek is the guy we ought to be targeting from SJ (esp. if Clowe isn't moving).

Say, Heatley + Smith (about $10 mil) for Michalek + Cheechoo (about $7.3 mil). Maybe something else in there to offset the difference, for OTT (a prospect or pick).

I dunno. Tough to say. I look over SJ's cap situation, and they're STILL up tight, to be honest. 10 forwards, 5 D, and 2 goalies. Cap space: $3.1 mil ($4.3 mil if you use the bonus cushion -- again, not a good idea at all to depend on that this year). This might well be a simple, final move to get the team under the cap before filling the line up with role players and minor leaguers. Could go either way.

152Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 11 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:03 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
Bieksa and Hodgson. Let's call it a day. Kovalev's two years here ought to be plenty to get Hodgson up to speed. We'll take whatever crapla necessary to make the numbers work.

Thanks Gillis.

Canucks fans would wale about that like crazy, but that's the kind of return that we have to hold out for. Potential franchise center and a full fledged top pairing D-man.

153Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 11 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:08 am

Sens19

Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Meh...Edler's a young stud...under Clouston, I like what he brings.

Still, it's true. Bieksa would be my top choice.

Bieksa and Hodgson. Let's call it a day. Kovalev's two years here ought to be plenty to get Hodgson up to speed. We'll take whatever crapla necessary to make the numbers work.

Thanks Gillis.

Anything deal that includes Hodgson will make my day, but it's too good to be true

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

154Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 11 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:49 am

SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Thanks Gillis.

Canucks fans would wale about that like crazy, but that's the kind of return that we have to hold out for. Potential franchise center and a full fledged top pairing D-man.

I don't think it's totally unreasonable. In fact, if this trade demand had been kept under wraps, this is the type of return we ought to have expected for Heatley. Instead we are force to look at Doug Wilson's spare parts as value. Bleh.

If it was someone within the Sens organizatio who leaked the trade request, they ought to be fired on the spot. They couldn't have Diddle us any harder if they tried.

155Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 11 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:03 am

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Thanks Gillis.

I don't think it's totally unreasonable. In fact, if this trade demand had been kept under wraps, this is the type of return we ought to have expected for Heatley. Instead we are force to look at Doug Wilson's spare parts as value. Bleh.

If it was someone within the Sens organizatio who leaked the trade request, they ought to be fired on the spot. They couldn't have Diddle us any harder if they tried.

The way Murray is handling the situation, I don't think we're forced to do anything atm. As much as I hate the wait, I think the longer Murray sits tight, the more teams will come along with desperate offers

156Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 11 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:12 am

Sens19 wrote:
hemlock wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Thanks Gillis.

The way Murray is handling the situation, I don't think we're forced to do anything atm. As much as I hate the wait, I think the longer Murray sits tight, the more teams will come along with desperate offers

Yeah, the longer he waits, the less salary Heatley is owed, the cheaper he becomes, the better.

157Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 11 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:16 am

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:
Sens19 wrote:
hemlock wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Thanks Gillis.

Yeah, the longer he waits, the less salary Heatley is owed, the cheaper he becomes, the better.

Agreed but regardless I still want him out before training camp!

158Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 11 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:45 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:I look this over, and I think a Heatley+ for Michalek+ deal makes a LOT more sense, cap-wise and so on. And I've been saying forever that Michalek is the guy we ought to be targeting from SJ (esp. if Clowe isn't moving).

Say, Heatley + Smith (about $10 mil) for Michalek + Cheechoo (about $7.3 mil). Maybe something else in there to offset the difference, for OTT (a prospect or pick).

I dunno. Tough to say. I look over SJ's cap situation, and they're STILL up tight, to be honest. 10 forwards, 5 D, and 2 goalies. Cap space: $3.1 mil ($4.3 mil if you use the bonus cushion -- again, not a good idea at all to depend on that this year). This might well be a simple, final move to get the team under the cap before filling the line up with role players and minor leaguers. Could go either way.

THERE WE GO. The original, I believe. Smith's retirement was announced sometime after.

159Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 11 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm scared to look. Did I respond? :^^^^:

160Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 11 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:Heatley won't be a Sen by Monday after this IMO. This is shocking, but it opens a ton of options.

Either Beiksa and Burrows from th Canucks or Michalek + from the Sharks.

Oops, there you go Rooney, I was on the bandwagon as well. Ahhhhh!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum