GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich

+17
LethalLehner
Vandelay
strachattack
Amnesia021
asq2
shabbs
bluewhiteandgolf
M_Christopher
jamvan
SensGirl11
Sens19
caissie_1
PTFlea
Phoenix30
beedub
SeawaySensFan
Hockeyhero22000
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 11]

136Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 10 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:44 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jawal wrote:
Edler and Kesler are the future of the franchise(other than Bobby Lou). Both young, very good and fan favourites. If Luongo gives up captaincy, Kesler will be the captain.

Ottawa fans can dream but neither would be coming back for Heatley.

Dany Heatley is young, (was) a fan favourite, one of the best snipers of our generation, could have been a captain one day and is an awesome player.

Canucks fans can dream, but they can't have him without paying.

137Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 10 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:44 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

i still think there is a trade coming somewhere maybe not the heatley trade we all want but i think vancouver is going to have to deal one of their D and the Sharks need a couple forwards still

138Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 10 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:51 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
jawal wrote:
Edler and Kesler are the future of the franchise(other than Bobby Lou). Both young, very good and fan favourites. If Luongo gives up captaincy, Kesler will be the captain.

Ottawa fans can dream but neither would be coming back for Heatley.

Dany Heatley is young, (was) a fan favourite, one of the best snipers of our generation, could have been a captain one day and is an awesome player.

Canucks fans can dream, but they can't have him without paying.

You gotta admit though, Kesler is an icnh from being a franchise player. THe guy is on the 1st unit of PP, PK and puts up 60 points while being a Selke nominee. Is killing everything in the playoffs and on top of that, is still 24 years old (someone tell me WTF happened in 1984-5)

139Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 10 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:
You gotta admit though, Kesler is an icnh from being a franchise player. THe guy is on the 1st unit of PP, PK and puts up 60 points while being a Selke nominee. Is killing everything in the playoffs and on top of that, is still 24 years old (someone tell me WTF happened in 1984-5)

Oh, I think he's the cat's meow, but statistically, so is Heatley, so the Sens as an org. would have to be getting two substantial pieces back.

You know?

140Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 10 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:59 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
marakh wrote:

Oh, I think he's the cat's meow, but statistically, so is Heatley, so the Sens as an org. would have to be getting two substantial pieces back.

You know?

After what EDM offered, It would be more like a Burrows and Edler IMO.

141Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 10 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:05 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

ION, I just watched Boston payroll and they are over the cap even without Kessel. May be SJ is making a push for him, not for heatley.

142Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 10 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:

Yeah...perhaps. Still interesting pieces coming back. Edler's awesome. Bieksa big and rugged, but Edler's awesome too.

143Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 10 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:04 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
marakh wrote:

Yeah...perhaps. Still interesting pieces coming back. Edler's awesome. Bieksa big and rugged, but Edler's awesome too.

I really like Edler, but he needs to use his size more. We've seen how the Ottawa fans can treat a D-man with size who refuses to use it effectively.

144Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 10 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Meh...Edler's a young stud...under Clouston, I like what he brings.

Still, it's true. Bieksa would be my top choice.

145Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 10 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:01 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Kevin Bieksa
Sami Salo
Willie Mitchell
Alexander Edler
Christian Ehrhoff
Shane O'Brien
Brad Lukowich
Matt Schneider

Goodness gracious, you can't keep this many NHL D-man on one team.

Trade coming!

They buy out Lukowich, and keep O'Brien as a 7th. Nycholat, he's on a 2-way deal, I believe -- signed recently (his 1-way deal, from Muckler, is over and done). Rome, I dunno -- you make him your pizza delivery guy?

146Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 10 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:03 am

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Kevin Bieksa
Sami Salo
Willie Mitchell
Alexander Edler
Christian Ehrhoff
Shane O'Brien
Brad Lukowich
Matt Schneider

Goodness gracious, you can't keep this many NHL D-man on one team.

Trade coming!

They buy out Lukowich, and keep O'Brien as a 7th. Nycholat, he's on a 2-way deal, I believe -- signed recently (his 1-way deal, from Muckler, is over and done). Rome, I dunno -- you make him your pizza delivery guy?

Nycholat would have to pass through waivers, which I don't believe is a big deal. If memory serves, they put him on waivers late last season. I remember laughing about it because we got Shannon in return.

147Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 10 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:04 am

SpezDispenser wrote:Meh...Edler's a young stud...under Clouston, I like what he brings.

Bieksa and Hodgson. Let's call it a day. Kovalev's two years here ought to be plenty to get Hodgson up to speed. We'll take whatever crapla necessary to make the numbers work.

Thanks Gillis.

148Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 10 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:04 am

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

I was really something would go down regarding Heatley today. I need to stop getting my hopes so high

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

149Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 10 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:06 am

Sens19 wrote:I was really something would go down regarding Heatley today. I need to stop getting my hopes so high

Hey, at least you aren't holding your breath.

150Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 10 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:07 am

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:
Sens19 wrote:I was really something would go down regarding Heatley today. I need to stop getting my hopes so high

Hey, at least you aren't holding your breath.

Oh no holding breath for me, I'd be dead way back in July if that were the case Ahhhhh!

151Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 10 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:17 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

I look this over, and I think a Heatley+ for Michalek+ deal makes a LOT more sense, cap-wise and so on. And I've been saying forever that Michalek is the guy we ought to be targeting from SJ (esp. if Clowe isn't moving).

Say, Heatley + Smith (about $10 mil) for Michalek + Cheechoo (about $7.3 mil). Maybe something else in there to offset the difference, for OTT (a prospect or pick).

I dunno. Tough to say. I look over SJ's cap situation, and they're STILL up tight, to be honest. 10 forwards, 5 D, and 2 goalies. Cap space: $3.1 mil ($4.3 mil if you use the bonus cushion -- again, not a good idea at all to depend on that this year). This might well be a simple, final move to get the team under the cap before filling the line up with role players and minor leaguers. Could go either way.

152Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 10 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:03 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
Bieksa and Hodgson. Let's call it a day. Kovalev's two years here ought to be plenty to get Hodgson up to speed. We'll take whatever crapla necessary to make the numbers work.

Thanks Gillis.

Canucks fans would wale about that like crazy, but that's the kind of return that we have to hold out for. Potential franchise center and a full fledged top pairing D-man.

153Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich - Page 10 Empty Re: Canucks acquire Ernhoff and Lukowich Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:08 am

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Meh...Edler's a young stud...under Clouston, I like what he brings.

Thanks Gillis.

Anything deal that includes Hodgson will make my day, but it's too good to be true

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum