GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2009 Rookie tournament in Kitchener (Sens, Leafs, Bruins, Pens)

+30
Hockeyhero22000
BigRig
shabbs
mattshock
strachattack
Snuh
Amnesia021
Jordo
TheAvatar
SensGirl11
Cap'n Clutch
Vandelay
spader
jawal
jamvan
rooneypoo
The Silfer Server
PKC
Tuk Tuk
asq2
SDH89
Hobiesens
M_Christopher
LeCaptain
Bramlet07
TeamRenzo
PTFlea
SensFan71
SeawaySensFan
wprager
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 23]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Still intermission?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoffman!!!!!!! 4-4 tie I think. Ahhhhh!

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

....any updates?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sens rookies lose 4-3- the guy had it wrong.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They lost 4-3 according to the blogger. Almost tied it at the end.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

According to the last entry, we lose 4-3.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Cool, thanks.

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

Who scored the 3rd goal?

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

Bramlet07 wrote:Who scored the 3rd goal?

Hoffman shorthanded. Assisted by Svendson and someone else. I can't remember.

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

cas wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:I'm on the Sens website now... Is "Forever Red" our motto this year??? Why does our marketing department suck so much??

Its an absolute joke of a marketing department. They can't do a goddam thing right 2009 Rookie tournament in Kitchener (Sens, Leafs, Bruins, Pens) - Page 13 812636 2009 Rookie tournament in Kitchener (Sens, Leafs, Bruins, Pens) - Page 13 639591 2009 Rookie tournament in Kitchener (Sens, Leafs, Bruins, Pens) - Page 13 82144

Propose something better, I am sure they would listen if you sent them an email

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TeamRenzo wrote:
cas wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:I'm on the Sens website now... Is "Forever Red" our motto this year??? Why does our marketing department suck so much??

Its an absolute joke of a marketing department. They can't do a goddam thing right 2009 Rookie tournament in Kitchener (Sens, Leafs, Bruins, Pens) - Page 13 812636 2009 Rookie tournament in Kitchener (Sens, Leafs, Bruins, Pens) - Page 13 639591 2009 Rookie tournament in Kitchener (Sens, Leafs, Bruins, Pens) - Page 13 82144

How about if before a game, they had a centurion or "Spartan", if you will, perform a "troop inspection" on the Sens and it was shown on the big screen. Then, the "Spartan" would declare war on the opponent on behalf of the Sens Army... 2009 Rookie tournament in Kitchener (Sens, Leafs, Bruins, Pens) - Page 13 598684

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Sennnns AAARRRRMMEEEE!!!! RIIIIISE!!!

I hope someone got fired for that.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

mattshock wrote:Sennnns AAARRRRMMEEEE!!!! RIIIIISE!!!

I hope someone got fired for that.

2009 Rookie tournament in Kitchener (Sens, Leafs, Bruins, Pens) - Page 13 47972_Senators_Moves_Hockey

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Laughing3

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

strachattack wrote:
Bramlet07 wrote:Who scored the 3rd goal?

Hoffman shorthanded. Assisted by Svendson and someone else. I can't remember.

Svendssen and Schira I believe.

wprager wrote:
cas wrote:

At least they're not (yet) handing out WWAD buttons.

I didn't know what that meant so I popped it into google and saw "what would Anton do"... I thought they meant Volchenkov 2009 Rookie tournament in Kitchener (Sens, Leafs, Bruins, Pens) - Page 13 668437 I thought "fucking right thats what they should start doing!!"

We should take over as marketing gurus for the org, prags 2009 Rookie tournament in Kitchener (Sens, Leafs, Bruins, Pens) - Page 13 668437 Teeshirts with his face on the front with that slogan, plus two picks of him on the back: One where he's delivering a mean body at the blueline, the other where he's blocking a puck with his face!

(seriously...those would sell like hot cakes in this town. Someone with more initiative should do something like that)

SeawaySensFan wrote:
TeamRenzo wrote:
cas wrote:

How about if before a game, they had a centurion or "Spartan", if you will, perform a "troop inspection" on the Sens and it was shown on the big screen. Then, the "Spartan" would declare war on the opponent on behalf of the Sens Army... 2009 Rookie tournament in Kitchener (Sens, Leafs, Bruins, Pens) - Page 13 598684

Or how about when every other team is going with cool retro jersey's as their alternates, we go a more bold direction? And by bold, I mean writing Sens in bold across the front of a relatively plain black jersey?

Maybe call us "the loud" when we're a notoriously underwhelming crowd; or "the proud" in our worst season in over a decade, losing almost 20% of our "proud" season ticket holders?

Or how about calling us forever red (our home colour) when we were dismal on the road last year...hence reenforcing a negative?

These are just recent examples of the clusterf*ck that is the Ottawa Senators marketing department. Remarkably, "forever red" is actually a step in the right direction 2009 Rookie tournament in Kitchener (Sens, Leafs, Bruins, Pens) - Page 13 812636

TeamRenzo wrote:
cas wrote:

I propose a little honesty and a little consistency in their marketing efforts. Then again, I'm not the person they're trying to entice with these slogans. I follow this team in July....there's not much more that needs to be said about our commitment to the team. They want to get the casual fan excited and maybe they do.

As for ideas on how to improve it: I've only taken a couple marketing courses in college, reading only immediately relevant portions of the assigned reading material. They, on the other hand, are undoubtedly MBA's with specific and thorough knowledge of the marketing game.

What I know about marketing, however, comes largely from a book about the marketing theory of keeping it simple: Explain the benefits, make the promotion relevant, don't waste your clients time, and don't embarass yourself with silly advertising. For some reason, the spartan doesn't seem to fit that criteria 2009 Rookie tournament in Kitchener (Sens, Leafs, Bruins, Pens) - Page 13 229455

A picture of Alfie, Kovalev, and Leclaire on the side of a bus or a billboard downtown would do as much if not more than any of these patronizing slogans. That and a little more pressure put on TSN, Sportsnet, and the Score to cover Sens related news (without doing it in the most subtly negative tone possible) would do a world of good for this team.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum