GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Leafs Interested in Wade Redden

+4
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
dennycrane
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

31Leafs Interested in Wade Redden - Page 3 Empty Re: Leafs Interested in Wade Redden Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:06 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

do you always have to be a dick to someone who disagrees with you? there's nothing wrong with what i am saying, however there's a lot wrong with your thoughts and comments. I'm entitled to believe what I do, and it makes sense. I do not have to explain it to you, but what's there not to understand?

Nash - Brampton. Brampton = GTA... home of Toronto Maple Leafs, who have a huge history. Columbus = team that has just only now made it to a psot-season, and also likely cannot offer the same amount of money to Nash as Toronto can.

But of course, you will disagree with me, call me names, insult my intellect, but I wouldn't expect any different from you.

32Leafs Interested in Wade Redden - Page 3 Empty Re: Leafs Interested in Wade Redden Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:08 pm

Hahaha, Toronto should have a fantastic team in the next few years with all the hero's returning home like they always do.... oh, wait wait.

Anyways, there were no insults, no names thrown out there, so relax sport.

33Leafs Interested in Wade Redden - Page 3 Empty Re: Leafs Interested in Wade Redden Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:12 pm

Neely4Life wrote:Hahaha, Toronto should have a fantastic team in the next few years with all the hero's returning home like they always do.... oh, wait wait.

Anyways, there were no insults, no names thrown out there, so relax sport.

Facepalm

34Leafs Interested in Wade Redden - Page 3 Empty Re: Leafs Interested in Wade Redden Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:23 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Why wouldn't Nash go to a Canadian team, and his "home town" team? And like Columbus has any say in what Nash decides.

Columbus is a young team on the rise. Toronto is not.

35Leafs Interested in Wade Redden - Page 3 Empty Re: Leafs Interested in Wade Redden Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:30 pm

asq2 wrote:
Dash wrote:Why wouldn't Nash go to a Canadian team, and his "home town" team? And like Columbus has any say in what Nash decides.

They will be...in about 4 years. Laughing3

36Leafs Interested in Wade Redden - Page 3 Empty Re: Leafs Interested in Wade Redden Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:20 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Zoolander wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Once they sign Nash they will be. :^^^^:

Seriously, though, if I were a young star, Columbus would actually (from a hockey perspective) be pretty high on my list. They've got a great core up-front (Nash, Filatov, Brassard, Voracek supported by Vermette, Umberger, Mayorov etc.) with a Vezina-calibre goalie in nets and a legendary coach.

They're as up-and-coming as it gets, although the same can be said for both the 'Hawks and the Blues in that division (and of course Detroit will remain excellent, and Nashville seems to find a way to stay competitive).

37Leafs Interested in Wade Redden - Page 3 Empty Re: Leafs Interested in Wade Redden Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:25 pm

asq2 wrote:
Zoolander wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Once they sign Nash they will be. :^^^^:

Seriously, though, if I were a young star, Columbus would actually (from a hockey perspective) be pretty high on my list. They've got a great core up-front (Nash, Filatov, Brassard, Voracek supported by Vermette, Umberger, Mayorov etc.) with a Vezina-calibre goalie in nets and a legendary coach.

They're as up-and-coming as it gets, although the same can be said for both the 'Hawks and the Blues in that division (and of course Detroit will remain excellent, and Nashville seems to find a way to stay competitive).

Columbus has a lot of peices. That defense needs an overhaul though. I am still shocked about the $$$ they gave Commodore. Swing and a miss by Howson on that one.

38Leafs Interested in Wade Redden - Page 3 Empty Re: Leafs Interested in Wade Redden Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:42 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Commodore's been pretty good for them.

Yeah, though, if I'm Howson, I'm both targetting defencemen via UFA, but also hoping for one of Moore/Ellis/Runblad/Erixon at the draft.

They don't really have a lot of nice pieces on D yet, although I like Russell.

39Leafs Interested in Wade Redden - Page 3 Empty Re: Leafs Interested in Wade Redden Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think it might be a case of the 'Heatley' syndrome. Nash is the man in Columbus, the C, the offence, everything. That holds sway IMO. Plus, I think Columbus will continue to improve, so he's toughed it out this long, might as well stay for some of the fruits of the labour. Plus, Columbus will pay - the loss in profit and merchandising if he leaves is big enough, not to mention the potential drop in attendance.

Who knows though, if he doesn't sign by next summer, there will be speculations like crazy - and Toronto will surely be right in the middle.

40Leafs Interested in Wade Redden - Page 3 Empty Re: Leafs Interested in Wade Redden Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:53 pm

asq2 wrote:Commodore's been pretty good for them.

Yeah, though, if I'm Howson, I'm both targetting defencemen via UFA, but also hoping for one of Moore/Ellis/Runblad/Erixon at the draft.

They don't really have a lot of nice pieces on D yet, although I like Russell.

He has been capable, I am just not sure he is worth $3.75M. Also he is miscast as a guy who plays on the PP which he does in Columbus...

41Leafs Interested in Wade Redden - Page 3 Empty Re: Leafs Interested in Wade Redden Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:56 pm

He's worth 3.75 to Columbus though... sometimes a contract is relative to the teams needs.

42Leafs Interested in Wade Redden - Page 3 Empty Re: Leafs Interested in Wade Redden Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:21 am

Neely4Life wrote:He's worth 3.75 to Columbus though... sometimes a contract is relative to the teams needs.

Then there's Finger Facepalm

43Leafs Interested in Wade Redden - Page 3 Empty Re: Leafs Interested in Wade Redden Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:15 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Mojo wrote:I don't buy this for a second. While I do think Burke is overrated (ie. he is not the Gm god of hockey), he is still a smart hockey man and there is no way he would consider taking on Redden's contract.

this talk has been floating around for awhile, the Schaefer one is new for me anyway, so it sounds like yeah he is going to do it, and if he does, Grade A moron, he might as well dig up Alexandre Daigle and Vaclav Varada while he is at it.

44Leafs Interested in Wade Redden - Page 3 Empty Re: Leafs Interested in Wade Redden Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:39 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:He's worth 3.75 to Columbus though... sometimes a contract is relative to the teams needs.

Then there's Finger Facepalm

Yeah, sometimes a contract is relative to a GM's senility.

45Leafs Interested in Wade Redden - Page 3 Empty Re: Leafs Interested in Wade Redden Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:45 am

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

SensFan71 wrote:
Mojo wrote:I don't buy this for a second. While I do think Burke is overrated (ie. he is not the Gm god of hockey), he is still a smart hockey man and there is no way he would consider taking on Redden's contract.

this talk has been floating around for awhile, the Schaefer one is new for me anyway, so it sounds like yeah he is going to do it, and if he does, Grade A moron, he might as well dig up Alexandre Daigle and Vaclav Varada while he is at it.

Really??? This is the first I have heard any GM showing the slightest bit of interest in picking up Redden, let alone Burke specifically. Even if this rumour has been floating around, I still think it's crap or Burke is an absolute moron.

46Leafs Interested in Wade Redden - Page 3 Empty Re: Leafs Interested in Wade Redden Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:40 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Mojo wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Really??? This is the first I have heard any GM showing the slightest bit of interest in picking up Redden, let alone Burke specifically. Even if this rumour has been floating around, I still think it's crap or Burke is an absolute moron.

for the leafs sake, it better be utter crap, otherwise, Burke brings moronic to a whole new level.

47Leafs Interested in Wade Redden - Page 3 Empty Re: Leafs Interested in Wade Redden Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:56 am

I see no problem with this at all. In fact it is AWESOME. I think he should grab Gomez in the same deal. This is a SMART move Burkie you are a genius. I think you are the best *strokes ego* the absolute best. Peter McGuire was right.

Please let this be true. Not only could we punish him 6 times a year for not waiving his NTC but we get a cap crippled Leafs team for years to come!!!

48Leafs Interested in Wade Redden - Page 3 Empty Re: Leafs Interested in Wade Redden Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:57 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

MurderOnIce wrote:I see no problem with this at all. In fact it is AWESOME. I think he should grab Gomez in the same deal. This is a SMART move Burkie you are a genius. I think you are the best *strokes ego* the absolute best. Peter McGuire was right.

Please let this be true. Not only could we punish him 6 times a year for not waiving his NTC but we get a cap crippled Leafs team for years to come!!!

that would be pretty damn sweet eh, let Winchester line him up going into the corner, or maybe we can get Spezza to drop the gloves with him he he. Ahhhhh!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum