GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

LOL... Wade Belak

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1LOL... Wade Belak Empty LOL... Wade Belak Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:29 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Wade Belak is now one of my favorite players! I've known how funny the guy is and what a character he can be for a while now, but after OTR, it is undeniable.

He outright said that he was waived the day after his team (Florida) played Boston in a 5-1 loss, because Scott Thornton (who was also on the show) refused to fight him... lol.

They were also discussing superstars in pro sports and the decision teams have when their contracts are up (Roy Halladay) and used Luongo as an example, and Belak jumped in and said "He's going to Toronto" lol.

Anyways, props to one of, if not, the funniest NHL players and a guy that will never be a star, but (tries to) do his job whenever he is on the ice.

2LOL... Wade Belak Empty Re: LOL... Wade Belak Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:34 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

His is a funny guy and a great "locker room" guy as well. I ran into him in line at customs in Toronto a while back... his is one HUGE dude... and quite the jokester.

3LOL... Wade Belak Empty Re: LOL... Wade Belak Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:37 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

It's a shame that he rarely gets any play time... not sure if he is in Nashville though, but I hope he is. The West seems like a good place for him, with all the large enforcers out there. He's obviously not the best player, but as you've said, a great guy to have on your team. Too bad the Leafs gave him up... they basically replaced him with that loser from NY that has done diddle for them, and now again with another ex-Ranger, Orr.

4LOL... Wade Belak Empty Re: LOL... Wade Belak Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:32 pm

8 goals in 15 years playing foward lol! I'm Wade Belak, I suck, here's my card.

Comfort

5LOL... Wade Belak Empty Re: LOL... Wade Belak Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:01 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

HowieMorenz wrote:8 goals in 15 years playing foward lol! I'm Wade Belak, I suck, here's my card.

Comfort

Didn't McGratton do better (in a relative way)?

Now if that isn't setting a low standard...

6LOL... Wade Belak Empty Re: LOL... Wade Belak Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:46 pm

Muckalt with the 0 goals in 80 games takes it for me ....

cheers

7LOL... Wade Belak Empty Re: LOL... Wade Belak Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:36 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

HowieMorenz wrote:Muckalt with the 0 goals in 80 games takes it for me ....

cheers
Belak went three years between goals if I remember correctly...

8LOL... Wade Belak Empty Re: LOL... Wade Belak Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:38 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

HowieMorenz wrote:Muckalt with the 0 goals in 80 games takes it for me ....

cheers

One would think that at least a single goal would end up credited to you by accident - it goes off your a$$, the shaft of your stick, you are the last one to touch it before it's put into an open net, the refs are more blind or stupid than usual, something...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum