GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Leafs Interested in Wade Redden

+4
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
dennycrane
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

16Leafs Interested in Wade Redden - Page 2 Empty Re: Leafs Interested in Wade Redden Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:06 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neely4Life wrote:Lowe is an idiot for what he did as well. Two goofs going at it.

Holland, Murray, Lou, Wilson, Gainey, these are all class guys who will get the best deals because people have respect for them and they do it the right way.

And Burke can control all of their minds with his powerful brain... Vertigo

17Leafs Interested in Wade Redden - Page 2 Empty Re: Leafs Interested in Wade Redden Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:09 pm

Yeah, well luckily for him Snow and Lawton are both rookie GM's who might get dooped.

Also, I dont think anyone wants Kaberle or Kubina for anything more than a a mid round pick and a prospect. No one wants Toronto's "assets".

18Leafs Interested in Wade Redden - Page 2 Empty Re: Leafs Interested in Wade Redden Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:11 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neely4Life wrote:Yeah, well luckily for him Snow and Lawton are both rookie GM's who might get dooped.

Also, I dont think anyone wants Kaberle or Kubina for anything more than a a mid round pick and a prospect. No one wants Toronto's "assets".

No kidding. If it's true that Burke is trying pull that he's more arrogant than I would have imagined.

19Leafs Interested in Wade Redden - Page 2 Empty Re: Leafs Interested in Wade Redden Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:13 pm

I mean, Jovonovski and the 6th for Kaberle.... get real. I would have hung up there. Jovo for Kaberle is about even... but I like Jovonovski more as a player anyways, just a little older.

20Leafs Interested in Wade Redden - Page 2 Empty Re: Leafs Interested in Wade Redden Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:13 pm

Dash wrote:My first thought was, what is it worth to the Rangers to get rid of Wade's contract, and what will it take to convince MLSE to pay him $6.5 to be buried in the minors, potentially?

Toronto has money, both in cap space and in general, so perhaps if NY is willing to give them a prospect, or high draft pick in return for taking him off their hands?

Same idea with Schaefer.

Not a horrible idea - as long as Toronto was planning in waiving Redden, cause if not, that long deal and contract will bite them in the future.

I'm still holding out hope that the Leafs save enough money to take a run at Nash in 2010-11.

Why??

21Leafs Interested in Wade Redden - Page 2 Empty Re: Leafs Interested in Wade Redden Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:14 pm

Hahaha seriously... Columbus is not going to let Nash go.

22Leafs Interested in Wade Redden - Page 2 Empty Re: Leafs Interested in Wade Redden Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:23 pm

Neely4Life wrote:Hahaha seriously... Columbus is not going to let Nash go.

Not just that, but why would you want to see a superstar like Nash on the Leafs?

Furthermore, why would Nash leave a team that is slowly becoming a contender, with many pieces in place, to go to a Clusterf#$% like Toronto?

23Leafs Interested in Wade Redden - Page 2 Empty Re: Leafs Interested in Wade Redden Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:25 pm

He wouldn't.

24Leafs Interested in Wade Redden - Page 2 Empty Re: Leafs Interested in Wade Redden Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:28 pm

Neely4Life wrote:He wouldn't.

Rockon

25Leafs Interested in Wade Redden - Page 2 Empty Re: Leafs Interested in Wade Redden Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:24 pm

Neely4Life wrote:Yeah, well luckily for him Snow and Lawton are both rookie GM's who might get dooped.

Have you seen Lawton, dude? Nobody's duping this guy. Say what you want about the Mez trade, but he was stuck between a rock and a dumb place: Trying to outduel Murray with his owners doing whatever they could to weaken his bargaining position.

He's a good ol' boy who just isn't ol' enough...

As for Snow, I think he's got some people around him that'll help ease the transition. Within 5 years, the Islanders won't be the laughing stock they are now. Especially is Wang is gone...

26Leafs Interested in Wade Redden - Page 2 Empty Re: Leafs Interested in Wade Redden Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:51 pm

I hope that's the case... but having that number 2 pick would be just about untouchable for me.

27Leafs Interested in Wade Redden - Page 2 Empty Re: Leafs Interested in Wade Redden Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:47 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Why wouldn't Nash go to a Canadian team, and his "home town" team? And like Columbus has any say in what Nash decides.

28Leafs Interested in Wade Redden - Page 2 Empty Re: Leafs Interested in Wade Redden Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:50 pm

K, use some common sense and get back to me.

29Leafs Interested in Wade Redden - Page 2 Empty Re: Leafs Interested in Wade Redden Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:04 pm

Neely4Life wrote:K, use some common sense and get back to me.

Facepalm

30Leafs Interested in Wade Redden - Page 2 Empty Re: Leafs Interested in Wade Redden Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:05 pm

Ya I know...

31Leafs Interested in Wade Redden - Page 2 Empty Re: Leafs Interested in Wade Redden Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:06 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

do you always have to be a dick to someone who disagrees with you? there's nothing wrong with what i am saying, however there's a lot wrong with your thoughts and comments. I'm entitled to believe what I do, and it makes sense. I do not have to explain it to you, but what's there not to understand?

Nash - Brampton. Brampton = GTA... home of Toronto Maple Leafs, who have a huge history. Columbus = team that has just only now made it to a psot-season, and also likely cannot offer the same amount of money to Nash as Toronto can.

But of course, you will disagree with me, call me names, insult my intellect, but I wouldn't expect any different from you.

32Leafs Interested in Wade Redden - Page 2 Empty Re: Leafs Interested in Wade Redden Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:08 pm

Hahaha, Toronto should have a fantastic team in the next few years with all the hero's returning home like they always do.... oh, wait wait.

Anyways, there were no insults, no names thrown out there, so relax sport.

33Leafs Interested in Wade Redden - Page 2 Empty Re: Leafs Interested in Wade Redden Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:12 pm

Neely4Life wrote:Hahaha, Toronto should have a fantastic team in the next few years with all the hero's returning home like they always do.... oh, wait wait.

Anyways, there were no insults, no names thrown out there, so relax sport.

Facepalm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum