GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's Next for The Maple Leafs?

+17
mattshock
spader
Jordo
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
PKC
PTFlea
asq2
Mariposa Belle
shabbs
ScotLoucks
SensFan71
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
Hayden
beedub
davetherave
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 15]

166What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:09 am

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

Tuk Tuk wrote:
davetherave wrote:Remember when Eddie Shack used to eat garlic before a game so he could breathe in goalies' faces?

That was Maple Leafs hockey, eh.
What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 12 668437

Still stinks, just not for the same reason What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 12 Icon_smile

You young'uns have no respect for the Revered Tradition Of The Leaf...and you've just hurt Burkie's feelings--
What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 12 78253

167What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:33 pm

Hayden

Rookie
Rookie

Sportsnet is reporting that the Leafs have offered 2-1sts and a 2nd for Kessel.

42 years and still going.

Wow.

168What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:35 pm

Hahahaha, good luck Leafs fans, lolol.

169What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:42 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Hayden wrote:Sportsnet is reporting that the Leafs have offered 2-1sts and a 2nd for Kessel.

42 years and still going.

Wow.

Hey Hayden, just to be fair, there are a few teams who haven't won a Stanley Cup in even longer than that.
What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 12 Icon_wink

Wonder if Burke will pull this off.

170What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:48 am

What's next? Perhaps watching their team throw millions down tube. I watched Komiserek pretty closely this pre-season on the leafs network and such, he has been pretty close to brutal. There is no shot with that guy as their "stud" D man along with Beauchimen they make the playoffs. Both those guys played with 2 of the 5 best Dmen in the game in Markov and Neidamayer. They are going to be brutal on the back end again.

They might be winning their pre season games with kids, but fact of the matter is no one is dressing their real team agaianst the Leafs.

Kessel, well Savard assisted on 56% of his goals and no one in Toronto is even remotly on the same level as Savard. If Kessel hits 20 this year, consider it a great season for that little baby.

The only thing they did right this year was sign McDonald who is actually a better goaltender then Guftison and by a larage margin. Most under rated goaltender in the NHL with Anderson.(who is now a starter)

171What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:56 am

N4L wrote:What's next? Perhaps watching their team throw millions down tube. I watched Komiserek pretty closely this pre-season on the leafs network and such, he has been pretty close to brutal. There is no shot with that guy as their "stud" D man along with Beauchimen they make the playoffs. Both those guys played with 2 of the 5 best Dmen in the game in Markov and Neidamayer. They are going to be brutal on the back end again.

They might be winning their pre season games with kids, but fact of the matter is no one is dressing their real team agaianst the Leafs.

Kessel, well Savard assisted on 56% of his goals and no one in Toronto is even remotly on the same level as Savard. If Kessel hits 20 this year, consider it a great season for that little baby.

The only thing they did right this year was sign McDonald who is actually a better goaltender then Guftison and by a larage margin. Most under rated goaltender in the NHL with Anderson.(who is now a starter)

Have you seen much of the Monster? Is this going on this preseason's action with the Monster? His numbers from the SEL last year seem to indicate he's got some talent.

I agree with the rest pretty much. I think Burke locked way to much money in that D. Not enough skill back there either.

172What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:58 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

By the time Kessel is ready to play... it may be too late.

Wink

173What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:51 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I like the acquisition of Kessel, what I do not like is the price. 2 1sts, and a 2nd. That's a statement right there: 1- Burke really does consider Bozak, Gustafsson and Hansen as the assets for the near future, and 2- he feels he has the talent necessary to feed Kessel the puck and 3- We'll likely see Komisarek or Beachemin moved for another forward at some point

174What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:03 am

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

Brian Burke is by far one of the best GMs in the league. He got Kessel, only time will tell who won on this trade but he is only what 22 years old and scored 36 goals last year--the guy is a good hockey player--its a gamble buts its a gamble not to make that trade either--who is to say that the players you pick in the 1st round will be as good as Kessel

BB gambles--you can't win the poker game unless you gamble--maybe Gainey should take some lessons

175What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:05 am

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

N4l--what hockey have you been watching--komeserick played awesome against the penguins--every reporter was saying the samething--give me a break and i don't even like the leafs--thats a brutal assessment on your part

176What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:14 am

sidstu wrote:N4l--what hockey have you been watching--komeserick played awesome against the penguins--every reporter was saying the samething--give me a break and i don't even like the leafs--thats a brutal assessment on your part

Ya, getting beat down low by AHL roster players, not being able to push guys like Rupp out from the crease, so on, oh ya, great game.

You chose to use a game where Crosby and Malkin were not even playing in, where Komiserek was beat along boards and pushed around for 1/2 the game? Komiserek on that first goal was absolutely out muscled and out worked by Rupp, and then Bayda jsut shelfed it.

You actually watch that game or you just going by what you "heard"?

Last edited by N4L on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total

177What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:17 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I was waiting for someone to say something about Komisarek. He needs to step up to the plate - soon. Beauchemin has been good though.

178What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:18 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sidstu wrote:Brian Burke is by far one of the best GMs in the league. He got Kessel, only time will tell who won on this trade but he is only what 22 years old and scored 36 goals last year--the guy is a good hockey player--its a gamble buts its a gamble not to make that trade either--who is to say that the players you pick in the 1st round will be as good as Kessel

BB gambles--you can't win the poker game unless you gamble--maybe Gainey should take some lessons

What is it that he's done aside from warm the seat while other GMs set his team up for a Stanley Cup?

Kevin Lowe's deal to send Burke Pronger was borderline idiotic so Burke benefited from being friends with someone who didn't know what he was doing. What's laughable is that he's pissy with him after for tendering an offer sheet to Penner and severes the friendship over it. By the way I believe Penner, Moen and Pahlsson were all Murray pickups but correct me if I'm wrong there.

Perhaps it was Brian Burke's genious move to bring in Scott Neidermeyer? NOPE! He was the lucky owner of his brother's contract which was the ONLY reason Scott came to Anaheim.

Perhaps it was his excellent skills in drafting Perry and Getzlaf? Nope that was Murray.

What is it that Burke has done so well that you label him as one of the best in the league.

- Unknown Author

179What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:21 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Burke is very good at increasing attendance.

Something not needed in Toronto.

180What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:24 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I have to admit that Burke was a massive beneficiary of an Anaheim team handed to him that was lovingly constructed. He didn't do it in Vancouver and he'll have to be PATIENT in Toronto.

Now one thing that Burke is not known for is patience - so we'll see how this shakes up. I will say that I'm impressed with Bozak, Gustofsson, Hansen and the rest of the guys he signed for nothing - no draft picks, nothing. That opened the door for him to get Kessel. Was that the right move? Hard to say, but at this point he took a risk. Now he has to be PATIENT.

181What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:25 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Burke has made some nice moves with the Leafs I will give him that. Beauchemin and Kessel are definitely solid. If he's smart he'll hang onto Kaberle. That made no sense to me when I heard he was shopping him. Great PMD for the price tag. Him and Beauchemin make a capable back end for offense. Kessel will be good but, I agree with beedub that it was a high price to pay. Gustuvson (sp) the jury is still out on as it is with Hanson and Bozak but they too could turn into something nice and when you pay nothing for them in terms of picks, prospects or players then it's worth the risk for sure.

- Unknown Author

182What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:25 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:I was waiting for someone to say something about Komisarek. He needs to step up to the plate - soon. Beauchemin has been good though.

I know Komisarek won't step up because his time to do so was last season in his contract year and he couldn't even do that. He's plenty truculent, though.

183What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:27 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I was waiting for someone to say something about Komisarek. He needs to step up to the plate - soon. Beauchemin has been good though.

I know Komisarek won't step up because his time to do so was last season in his contract year and he couldn't even do that. He's plenty truculent, though.

Then there goes 4.5 million a year down the toilet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum