GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's Next for The Maple Leafs?

+17
mattshock
spader
Jordo
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
PKC
PTFlea
asq2
Mariposa Belle
shabbs
ScotLoucks
SensFan71
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
Hayden
beedub
davetherave
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 15]

151What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:58 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:
davetherave wrote:@ASQ> If I remember correctly from the WJC, Chris DiDomenico is one ornery and talented guy as well.

He's a very good 2 way forward, but was injured in the last part of the season last year and was very missed during the memorial cup run. But he's more of a project, needs to get bigger. Likely 2-3 years away.

@Marakh>Scott Gomez type?

152What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:01 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
marakh wrote:
davetherave wrote:@ASQ> If I remember correctly from the WJC, Chris DiDomenico is one ornery and talented guy as well.

He's a very good 2 way forward, but was injured in the last part of the season last year and was very missed during the memorial cup run. But he's more of a project, needs to get bigger. Likely 2-3 years away.

Unlikely. Both because his production probably won't be anywhere near Scotty's, and because his skating isn't nearly as good as Gomez's is either.

153What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:10 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

@ASQ> how do you see Bozak and Hanson as assets for the Leafs?

154What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:11 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

davetherave wrote:Seeing as very few of you--if any--were around when the Leafs won their last Stanley Cup, I will take it upon myself to inform you that George 'Punch' Imlach was one of the meanest, nastiest hockey executives ever to walk the earth.

The Leafs won several Cups under his thoroughly foul-mouthed and mean-spirited tutelage.

The Maple Leafs may be a ways from Imlach's teams, but Burke and Wilson will be as nasty as they gotta be to make Toronto a factor again.

That was 40 years ago. Hockey's changed since then.

155What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:13 pm

davetherave wrote:@ASQ> how do you see Bozak and Hanson as assets for the Leafs?

Imo Bozak = Kunitz, Hanson = meh

156What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:14 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Tuk Tuk wrote:
davetherave wrote:Seeing as very few of you--if any--were around when the Leafs won their last Stanley Cup, I will take it upon myself to inform you that George 'Punch' Imlach was one of the meanest, nastiest hockey executives ever to walk the earth.

The Leafs won several Cups under his thoroughly foul-mouthed and mean-spirited tutelage.

The Maple Leafs may be a ways from Imlach's teams, but Burke and Wilson will be as nasty as they gotta be to make Toronto a factor again.

That was 40 years ago. Hockey's changed since then.

No kidding.
What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 11 78253

157What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:23 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
marakh wrote:

AS Asq said, skating is kind of an issue. I think he is more of a 3rd line center.

158What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:07 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:@ASQ> how do you see Bozak and Hanson as assets for the Leafs?

Bozak I've watched some of, Hanson I've seen very little of apart from his time with the Leafs (apparently he had a hattrick in the Leafs rookie game).

I think Hanson's probably more of a 3rd liner-type. Bozak can be and probably is a top-6er, but definitely not a guy who can carry an offence.

159What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:13 pm

asq2 wrote:

Bozak I've watched some of, Hanson I've seen very little of apart from his time with the Leafs (apparently he had a hattrick in the Leafs rookie game).

I think Hanson's probably more of a 3rd liner-type. Bozak can be and probably is a top-6er, but definitely not a guy who can carry an offence.

In other words, Bozak = Kunitz, Hanson = meh

160What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:15 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

cas wrote:
asq2 wrote:

In other words, Bozak = Kunitz, Hanson = meh

Basically, yeah.

Except Bozak is a centre. What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 11 Icon_razz

161What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:20 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Hansen is there to sell jerseys What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 11 455378

162What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:21 pm

What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 11 433563 What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 11 455378

163What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:41 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Remember when Eddie Shack used to eat garlic before a game so he could breathe in goalies' faces?

That was Maple Leafs hockey, eh.
What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 11 668437

164What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:57 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:Remember when Eddie Shack used to eat garlic before a game so he could breathe in goalies' faces?

Clear the track! What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 11 639591

165What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:01 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

davetherave wrote:Remember when Eddie Shack used to eat garlic before a game so he could breathe in goalies' faces?

Still stinks, just not for the same reason What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 11 Icon_smile

166What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:09 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Tuk Tuk wrote:

Still stinks, just not for the same reason What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 11 Icon_smile

You young'uns have no respect for the Revered Tradition Of The Leaf...and you've just hurt Burkie's feelings--
What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 11 78253

167What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:33 pm

Hayden

Hayden
Rookie
Rookie

Sportsnet is reporting that the Leafs have offered 2-1sts and a 2nd for Kessel.

42 years and still going.

Wow.

168What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:35 pm

Hahahaha, good luck Leafs fans, lolol.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum