GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's Next for The Maple Leafs?

+17
mattshock
spader
Jordo
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
PKC
PTFlea
asq2
Mariposa Belle
shabbs
ScotLoucks
SensFan71
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
Hayden
beedub
davetherave
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 15]

181What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 13 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:25 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Burke has made some nice moves with the Leafs I will give him that. Beauchemin and Kessel are definitely solid. If he's smart he'll hang onto Kaberle. That made no sense to me when I heard he was shopping him. Great PMD for the price tag. Him and Beauchemin make a capable back end for offense. Kessel will be good but, I agree with beedub that it was a high price to pay. Gustuvson (sp) the jury is still out on as it is with Hanson and Bozak but they too could turn into something nice and when you pay nothing for them in terms of picks, prospects or players then it's worth the risk for sure.

182What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 13 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:25 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:I was waiting for someone to say something about Komisarek. He needs to step up to the plate - soon. Beauchemin has been good though.

I know Komisarek won't step up because his time to do so was last season in his contract year and he couldn't even do that. He's plenty truculent, though.

183What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 13 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:27 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I was waiting for someone to say something about Komisarek. He needs to step up to the plate - soon. Beauchemin has been good though.

I know Komisarek won't step up because his time to do so was last season in his contract year and he couldn't even do that. He's plenty truculent, though.

Then there goes 4.5 million a year down the toilet.

184What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 13 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:28 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Markov made that guy a millionaire. I would have been laughing my Donkey off if Montreal signed him for that contract. I was the one saying MTL should let him go because Markov could turn a decent player into something like Komaiserek looked like the last 2 or 3 years.

Without Markov (a top 5 D man in the league IMO) he's useless. Just a big guy who cant skate or move the puck.

185What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 13 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:28 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Komisarek is far better than Volchenkov didn't you know? What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 13 455378

- Unknown Author

186What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 13 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:29 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Then there goes 4.5 million a year down the toilet.

As long as it's not down any toilet at Scotiabank place or any of The Gene's solid gold thrones in one of his mansions, I don't give a Diddle.

187What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 13 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:33 am

mickbud

Prospect
Prospect

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Burke has made some nice moves with the Leafs I will give him that. Beauchemin and Kessel are definitely solid. If he's smart he'll hang onto Kaberle. That made no sense to me when I heard he was shopping him. Great PMD for the price tag. Him and Beauchemin make a capable back end for offense. Kessel will be good but, I agree with beedub that it was a high price to pay. Gustuvson (sp) the jury is still out on as it is with Hanson and Bozak but they too could turn into something nice and when you pay nothing for them in terms of picks, prospects or players then it's worth the risk for sure.

Hanson has been way overrated by leaf fans and the media...think about it this way...Erik Condra who played with Notre Dame as well led that team in scoring all four years he was there...Hanson on the other hand had ONE good year, which was his senior year and he was third on the team in scoring...Bozak, ok, he could be a good hockey player...but again, Patty Wiercioch had more points than him at Denver...Bozak was hurt, but doesn't that raise some red flags?

188What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 13 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:37 am

I dont see how The Leafs are better then last year. They are worse! They also have money tied up in guys who have never really proven anything except they play off of the better players in the league, and colleges kids. AWESOME.

189What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 13 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:44 am

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
sidstu wrote:Brian Burke is by far one of the best GMs in the league. He got Kessel, only time will tell who won on this trade but he is only what 22 years old and scored 36 goals last year--the guy is a good hockey player--its a gamble buts its a gamble not to make that trade either--who is to say that the players you pick in the 1st round will be as good as Kessel

BB gambles--you can't win the poker game unless you gamble--maybe Gainey should take some lessons

What is it that he's done aside from warm the seat while other GMs set his team up for a Stanley Cup?

Kevin Lowe's deal to send Burke Pronger was borderline idiotic so Burke benefited from being friends with someone who didn't know what he was doing. What's laughable is that he's pissy with him after for tendering an offer sheet to Penner and severes the friendship over it. By the way I believe Penner, Moen and Pahlsson were all Murray pickups but correct me if I'm wrong there.

Perhaps it was Brian Burke's genious move to bring in Scott Neidermeyer? NOPE! He was the lucky owner of his brother's contract which was the ONLY reason Scott came to Anaheim.

Perhaps it was his excellent skills in drafting Perry and Getzlaf? Nope that was Murray.

What is it that Burke has done so well that you label him as one of the best in the league.

Burke's biggest legacy so far is the messes he leaves behind once he exits stage left. Vancouver was a mess, Bob Murray has done an exceptional job cleaning up after Murray.

My guess is that Burke leaves in 5-7 years, the Leafs are right back where they were when he got there, in desperate need of a rebuild, and nothing more than a token playoff appearance or two to show for it.

Burke is all flash and no substance.

190What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 13 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:27 am

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

no use argiung with people that biased--bottom line burke won a cup in anaheim--sure BM did a lot for that to happen but he closed the deal

now Komisarick--he had a great game, N4L--i did watch the game, I watch hockey every night--the difference is i don't let biasm interfer with facts--i'm not even a leaf fan but I have total confidence in BBs abilities---how many cups has BM won as GM for the sens--BM is a good manager as far as I'm concerned but if any of you say BB is not a good GM than how can you BM is good--talk about biasm at its best

191What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 13 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:32 am

mickbud

Prospect
Prospect

sidstu wrote:no use argiung with people that biased--bottom line burke won a cup in anaheim--sure BM did a lot for that to happen but he closed the deal

now Komisarick--he had a great game, N4L--i did watch the game, I watch hockey every night--the difference is i don't let biasm interfer with facts--i'm not even a leaf fan but I have total confidence in BBs abilities---how many cups has BM won as GM for the sens--BM is a good manager as far as I'm concerned but if any of you say BB is not a good GM than how can you BM is good--talk about biasm at its best

I don't think any of us have used this so called biasm you speak of, nor have we been biased. You haven't exactly used any facts in explaining how Komisarek had a great game either, we've been using FACTS to explain our arguments

192What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 13 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:33 am

sidstu wrote:no use argiung with people that biased--bottom line burke won a cup in anaheim--sure BM did a lot for that to happen but he closed the deal

I hate The Habs about 1000 times more then the LEafs, so I dont see how I'm bias here at all. Thanks for coming out though, you're always great to hear from.

Ya, Burke won a cup alright, hahaha. Most over rated GM in the NHL bar none. He has built nothing from the ground up. Hartford he was an absolute joke. Vancouver he used up ever resource he had and left Nonnis with nothing, Anahiem he came in and took the job MURRAY DECIDED to leave. In Toronto, he will be an epic failure, so far, so good.

Markov made Komiserek, you, being a Habs fan should actually realize that above all else. There is one good move Gainey made.

Keep em coming buddy.

193What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 13 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:33 am

wtf is biasm?

194What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 13 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:35 am

mickbud wrote:

I don't think any of us have used this so called biasm you speak of, nor have we been biased. You haven't exactly used any facts in explaining how Komisarek had a great game either, we've been using FACTS to explain our arguments

Never argued with a HAbs fan before, huh? What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 13 455378

195What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 13 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:38 am

Who got Anahiem to the finals first? Burke or Murray... oh ya, that's right.

196What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 13 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:38 am

CCgotITcovered wrote:wtf is biasm?

French for facts.

197What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 13 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:39 am

mickbud

Prospect
Prospect

CCgotITcovered wrote:
mickbud wrote:

Never argued with a HAbs fan before, huh? What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 13 455378

Hahaha I tend to stay away from arguing with people, but i'm sick and tired of people praising Brian Burke, and a Habs fan praising him is just, well, I don't even know what to call that...I'm not sure his fellow fans would agree with him on this one, but he clearly has a hatred on for all things ottawa senators, including us

198What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 13 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:42 am

mickbud wrote:
CCgotITcovered wrote:
mickbud wrote:

Hahaha I tend to stay away from arguing with people, but i'm sick and tired of people praising Brian Burke, and a Habs fan praising him is just, well, I don't even know what to call that...I'm not sure his fellow fans would agree with him on this one, but he clearly has a hatred on for all things ottawa senators, including us

Well what do you know---I have a hatred on for all things montreal canadiens, including him What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 13 455378
What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 13 668437

Its a little weird, but Burke has done good things for the short-term of that team. I don't agree with N4L at all when he says that the Leafs are worse today than they were a year ago. Doesn't mean I think he's a good GM, but meh What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 13 42360

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum