GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's Next for The Maple Leafs?

+17
mattshock
spader
Jordo
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
PKC
PTFlea
asq2
Mariposa Belle
shabbs
ScotLoucks
SensFan71
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
Hayden
beedub
davetherave
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 15]

211What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 15 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:05 pm

What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 15 807786

212What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 15 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:09 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sidstu - Saying we're biased and not producing an argument for why you say Burke is one of the best GMs in the league is not an argument backing up your statement. Calling us biased and saying he has a Cup so there you go he's great isn't an argument either. At least CCgotitcovered spelled it out for us as to how he assembled a team that won the Cup. You could build an argument off of that.

213What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 15 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:34 pm

beedub

Veteran
Veteran

Sigh.... After I post this, I may have to do some self-evaluation, as I am sounding more and more like a Maple Leaf fan.

Whether Burke comes out a genius or a goat will come down to:

1. Bozak, Hansen, Gustafsson. Are they players, or did they translate media hype into a one-way contract. If they turn out to be players, Burke is a genius. He can now afford to pay out the Donkey to acquire Kessel.

2. Kessel. Will he find chemistry with new linemates. If he comes back in December, and manages to pot 25 to 30 goals, advantage Burke. He needed scoring and got it with Kessel

3. Kaberle / Beauchemin / Komisarek / Exelby / they will either form a formidable blue line, joining Schenn, White and co. or they'll flop. IMO they don't flop, and pound the living Dung out of the forwards of other clubs

4. Toskala. Contract year for ol' Vesa, so I expect he'll return to form.

Leafy ones are a playoff team, and if all of Burke's transactions bear fruit, a good one.

Burke's legacy will be he had the stones to make some bold, I repeat BOLD moves, that will either catch fire and cement him as a premiere GM, or explode in his face, returning the Leafs to obscurity and basement dwellers.

Let's face facts. Burke was hired because he does have a good reputation. You may hate him, laugh at him, but ........well he's the GM of the Toronto Maple Leafs, unlike any of us

214What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 15 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:37 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Dear Lord, I just re-read that last post I did. I don't think I have posted an opinion like that of any other team. I guess.........I'm a fan..... What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 15 812636 ....no wait......(stones are kicking in)...... What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 15 301182 . It's good to have an opinion

215What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 15 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:53 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

beedub wrote:Sigh.... After I post this, I may have to do some self-evaluation, as I am sounding more and more like a Maple Leaf fan.

1. Bozak, Hansen, Gustafsson. Are they players, or did they translate media hype into a one-way contract. If they turn out to be players, Burke is a genius. He can now afford to pay out the Donkey to acquire Kessel.

2. Kessel. Will he find chemistry with new linemates. If he comes back in December, and manages to pot 25 to 30 goals, advantage Burke. He needed scoring and got it with Kessel

3. Kaberle / Beauchemin / Komisarek / Exelby / they will either form a formidable blue line, joining Schenn, White and co. or they'll flop. IMO they don't flop, and pound the living Dung out of the forwards of other clubs

Leafy ones are a playoff team, and if all of Burke's transactions bear fruit, a good one.

Burke's legacy will be he had the stones to make some bold, I repeat BOLD moves, that will either catch fire and cement him as a premiere GM, or explode in his face, returning the Leafs to obscurity and basement dwellers.

Let's face facts. Burke was hired because he does have a good reputation. You may hate him, laugh at him, but ........well he's the GM of the Toronto Maple Leafs, unlike any of us

I can't really argue with what you've said. The argument wasn't about whether or not Burke is worthy of being a GM in this league. The argument made by SidStu was that Burke is one of the best in the league and has yet to back that up other than to say he closed the deal in Anaheim.

Burke is a competent GM and is highly over-rated IMO. I certainly don't think he's one of the best in the league.

- Unknown Author

216What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 15 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:08 pm

sidstu wrote:N4L--yeah are so right--i wish i knew hockey like you--the sens are great--last year and the year before what great seasons they had--the sens are going to win the cup this year---

Well, since I'm not aloud making fun of members anymore, what I can say is fairly limited. I'll just say this, I get a beer and a BJ for opening night while watching The Sens/Rangers... what do you get?

217What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 15 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:23 pm

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

beedub wrote:Sigh.... After I post this, I may have to do some self-evaluation, as I am sounding more and more like a Maple Leaf fan.

Good post. Can't disagree with anything here. I think in summary, you're saying the jury is still out on Burke. He didn't have to do much in Anaheim but he did put the final touches on a team and they got a cup out of it. His legacy in Vancouver is not a good one. How things play out in Toronto will define Burke as a gm. We should have our answer by the end of this season. I will say, I think Burke is the perfect gm for toronto.

Let's hope the non-sens fans on this forum use your post as a template for how to construct a rebuttal.

218What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 15 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:55 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, what did I miss?

biasm = bias with an extra letter added on (perhaps he was going for a comma?)

aloud = spoken audibly (not whispered or spoken "in your head")

allowed = permitted

I loved the variations on spelling of Gustavsson's name. Neely's was the best, naturally.

Beer and a BJ. In that order? A beer usually makes me want to pee, so I really think you should think about switching it up.

219What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 15 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:57 pm

wprager wrote:OK, what did I miss?

biasm = bias with an extra letter added on (perhaps he was going for a comma?)

aloud = spoken audibly (not whispered or spoken "in your head")

allowed = permitted

I loved the variations on spelling of Gustavsson's name. Neely's was the best, naturally.

Beer and a BJ. In that order? A beer usually makes me want to pee, so I really think you should think about switching it up.

Nono, same time. It was a compramise from a while back, almost a deal.

220What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 15 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:58 pm

guftison? What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 15 668437

221What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 15 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:01 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

CCgotITcovered wrote:guftison? What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 15 668437

Priceless.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum