GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Murray insists on...Picard

+10
Phoenix30
Sensational Spezza
Money Farmer
Sens4thecup
Cronie
rooneypoo
wprager
towelie112
beerandsens
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

31Murray insists on...Picard - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:04 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tukker wrote:
504Heater wrote:
Sens4thecup wrote:Hi Guys!

I love this trade. Now I wonder if Murray is finished re-tooling this team? Will Picard start with the Sens or in Bingo?

I dunno...I have a feeling that we'll see something else. Perhaps Glen Murray or Mark Parrish? That would make this team really competitive this year. I would approve.
shannahan? is he a possibility? confused

I can't imagine him playing for less than 3 million, and that's too much for us. But I guess we'd be shedding some salary.

Still, I doubt it.

32Murray insists on...Picard - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:24 pm

towelie112

Rookie
Rookie

504Heater wrote:
Tukker wrote:
504Heater wrote:

I love this trade. Now I wonder if Murray is finished re-tooling this team? Will Picard start with the Sens or in Bingo?

I dunno...I have a feeling that we'll see something else. Perhaps Glen Murray or Mark Parrish? That would make this team really competitive this year. I would approve.

I can't imagine him playing for less than 3 million, and that's too much for us. But I guess we'd be shedding some salary.

Still, I doubt it.

Parrish is probably closer to are price range but i think murray is done unless he wants to upgrade are goaltending but that's probably not going to happen.

33Murray insists on...Picard - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:30 pm

towelie112 wrote:
504Heater wrote:
Tukker wrote:
504Heater wrote:

Still, I doubt it.

Parrish is probably closer to are price range but i think murray is done unless he wants to upgrade are goaltending but that's probably not going to happen.
i don't see who would be a major upgrade in goal that we could realistically afford 🇳🇴

Last edited by Tukker on Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

34Murray insists on...Picard - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:31 pm

504Heater wrote:

I can't even begin tell you how pointless and terrible those signings would be, for us, now. It would be an unbelievably stagnant move.

35Murray insists on...Picard - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:
I can't even begin tell you how pointless and terrible those signings would be, for us, now. It would be an unbelievably stagnant move.

IMO it's never a bad thing to be able to add a veteran NHLer who's scored goals in the NHL. I yelled for Murray to get Recchi when he was waived last year, and he turned in a dynomite performance for the Thrashers. The same applies here. If Glen Murray or Mark Parish can come in and get 50+ points, it's a pretty big step up from Ilya Zubov at this point in his career. It would also allow for Foligo to log a little less time on a line with Kelly to see where he's at.

I'm not sure we have quite the team we need. It's pretty close, but we really only have 5 top 6 forwards and a plethora of third and fourth liners. Adding a guy who can put up 20 goals and high 40s in points would be a nice thing to have. Especially if he ends up being like Recchi and turns in a 50 point performance with 25 PP points.

36Murray insists on...Picard - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:15 am

504Heater wrote:
cash wrote:

IMO it's never a bad thing to be able to add a veteran NHLer who's scored goals in the NHL. I yelled for Murray to get Recchi when he was waived last year, and he turned in a dynomite performance for the Thrashers. The same applies here. If Glen Murray or Mark Parish can come in and get 50+ points, it's a pretty big step up from Ilya Zubov at this point in his career. It would also allow for Foligo to log a little less time on a line with Kelly to see where he's at.

I'm not sure we have quite the team we need. It's pretty close, but we really only have 5 top 6 forwards and a plethora of third and fourth liners. Adding a guy who can put up 20 goals and high 40s in points would be a nice thing to have. Especially if he ends up being like Recchi and turns in a 50 point performance with 25 PP points.
Bryan Murray just stated that he believes Winchester can be an impact player and earlier said he'll be initially slotted alongside Vermette and Fisher.
So Foligno is already slated for the 3rd line alongside Kelly.
And I completely disagree that we're missing anything, at this point.
I certainly wouldn't rule out the acquisition of another impact-to-star player, on an expiring contract, at the trade deadline, but we are so solid right now, its not even funny.

I don't understand how you can write a blog like that you've just posted elsewhere on the forum - stating that the internal competition of training camp will be extreme (nice blog btw) - and then also propose that we have some need for bought-out, unsigned UFAs and other teams cast-offs (Huskins/Van Ryn)
As it stands, we have too many players to fit on this roster and tons of rookies vying for a roster spot that doesn't likely exist.
Like I said: We have no need for Glen Murray and Mark Parrish.

37Murray insists on...Picard - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:31 am

Sensational Spezza

Sensational Spezza
Prospect
Prospect

Picard is an amazing young defenseman, I love the deal we got and I think it was a steal

A guy that can get 30 points as a rookie playing solid defensive hockey?

This guy has all the tools to be dominant

38Murray insists on...Picard - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:43 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:
Bryan Murray just stated that he believes Winchester can be an impact player and earlier said he'll be initially slotted alongside Vermette and Fisher.
So Foligno is already slated for the 3rd line alongside Kelly.
And I completely disagree that we're missing anything, at this point.
I certainly wouldn't rule out the acquisition of another impact-to-star player, on an expiring contract, at the trade deadline, but we are so solid right now, its not even funny.

I don't understand how you can write a blog like that you've just posted elsewhere on the forum - stating that the internal competition of training camp will be extreme (nice blog btw) - and then also propose that we have some need for bought-out, unsigned UFAs and other teams cast-offs (Huskins/Van Ryn)
As it stands, we have too many players to fit on this roster and tons of rookies vying for a roster spot that doesn't likely exist.
Like I said: We have no need for Glen Murray and Mark Parrish.

Nervousness. I'm just nervous right now. Zubuv, Nikulin, even Winchester are question marks. What if Winchester comes into camp and sucks? Will Murray keep him on the roster anyway? All this talk of Zubov working out and over 200lbs is good, but what if he can't handle it? He didn't light the AHL on fire, but hey, maybe he can step in and do the job.

You're right though, this is the time to sit back and let itself play out. Let's see what kind of raw talent Hartsburg can mold. There's always the deadline...or before I guess.

39Murray insists on...Picard - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:45 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sensational Spezza wrote:Picard is an amazing young defenseman, I love the deal we got and I think it was a steal

A guy that can get 30 points as a rookie playing solid defensive hockey?

This guy has all the tools to be dominant

I love the sound of this guy. Apparently he's upped the physical anty in his game huge. What else do you know about him? Good point shot apparently.

Good first pass?

EDIT: Can he make this team in October? And if so, Schubert moves to forward I would assume. So who's being traded. We're a little forward heavy I would think.

40Murray insists on...Picard - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:50 am

504Heater wrote:
We're a little forward heavy I would think.
This coming from the guy who wants to sign more forwards Razz

41Murray insists on...Picard - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:02 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:
504Heater wrote:

I know Smile You caught me there. Murray and Parish are desperation moves (or Tampa Bay moves). Though you have to admit there's probably still a huge difference between Glen Murray and Ilya Zubov's NHL talent levels.

42Murray insists on...Picard - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:18 am

504Heater wrote:
cash wrote:
504Heater wrote:

I know Smile You caught me there. Murray and Parish are desperation moves (or Tampa Bay moves). Though you have to admit there's probably still a huge difference between Glen Murray and Ilya Zubov's NHL talent levels.
I will reserve a direct answer to that question, until I have had a chance to watch and evaluate the new Zubov.
Nonetheless, I have little doubt that Zubov will spend the season in Binghamton and not with the Senators, regardless of whether Glen Murray is an Ottawa Senator.

43Murray insists on...Picard - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:19 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:
I will reserve a direct answer to that question, until I have had a chance to watch and evaluate the new Zubov.
Nonetheless, I have little doubt that Zubov will spend the season in Binghamton and not with the Senators, regardless of whether Glen Murray is an Ottawa Senator.

I would have pegged him as a guy who would crack this lineup for sure, but now I think you're right, he's Bingo bound unless he's lights out.

44Murray insists on...Picard - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:37 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

We have waaaay too many forwards now to start thinking about having Zubov or Nikulin cracking the line up, or picking up another winger like Glenn Murray. As it is right now, in fact, unless we shed a forward (McAmmond?), it looks like Bass might not make the club:

Heatley - Spezza - Alfie
Vermette - Fisher - Winchester / Foligno
Winchester / Foligno - Kelly - Neil
Ruutu - McAmmond - Donovan

Bass

All the comments I keep hearing from Murray about Winchester suggest to me that he's going to make the team out of training camp. Jamvan (I think?) and a few other posters have said that he's pretty much penciled in to skate with Fisher this year. He's on a 1-way deal, too, and that gives him a serious advantage over Bass, Zubov, etc. Don't underestimate the role of economics in all this.

My guess is we still have a few small moves to go before the start of the seasom. If Schubert plays D and Picard moves ahead of Nycholat on our depth chart, I have to think that that means Nycholat will ask for a trade and we will accommodate. It's possible that we move 1 forward at the same time too -- McAmmond? -- because it seems to me like we need to open up a spot for Bass. Could we package Nycholat and McAmmond (or another forward) for a prospect / pick? Maybe. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see something like that happen in the next few weeks.

45Murray insists on...Picard - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:39 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
My guess is we still have a few small moves to go before the start of the seasom. If Schubert plays D and Picard moves ahead of Nycholat on our depth chart, I have to think that that means Nycholat will ask for a trade and we will accommodate. It's possible that we move 1 forward at the same time too -- McAmmond? -- because it seems to me like we need to open up a spot for Bass. Could we package Nycholat and McAmmond (or another forward) for a prospect / pick? Maybe. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see something like that happen in the next few weeks.

How many players do we usually carry? 21 or 22?

46Murray insists on...Picard - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:40 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

21 at most, I think. We don't seem to be big fans of having guys sit in the press box on a regular basis. Who knows, tho', things might change this year.

47Murray insists on...Picard - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:42 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
504Heater wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

21 at most, I think. We don't seem to be big fans of having guys sit in the press box on a regular basis. Who knows, tho', things might change this year.

There goes Bell's NHL career IMO. Winchester and Bass will probably have to alternate being in the box. Interesting times here in Sensland.

48Murray insists on...Picard - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:52 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:

There goes Bell's NHL career IMO. Winchester and Bass will probably have to alternate being in the box. Interesting times here in Sensland.

Oh, definitely. Before this trade, I thought Bell had at best a 10% chance of making this line up. Now with Schubert, Picard, and Nycholat in front of him, there's no way he makes the roster.

My guess: Schubert plays D this year, Nycholat gets traded, and Picard is first in line for call ups and will play for us full-time in 2009-10 if he continues to play well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum