GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Murray insists on...Picard

+10
Phoenix30
Sensational Spezza
Money Farmer
Sens4thecup
Cronie
rooneypoo
wprager
towelie112
beerandsens
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

16Murray insists on...Picard - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:49 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

towelie112 wrote:I'm glad to here that kuba waived a no-trade clause that makes me feel even better about the deal! In terms of skill this year he's equal to mez but really wanting to play for a team can be the difference between a 30 point season and 40+ point season.

Well, let's temper our expectations by remembering that Stillman, too, waived his NTC. Golf course and sunny weather aside, the two Florida teams aren't exactly a featured destination int he NHLPA quarterly glossy mag. And, besides, it's the start of the hurricane season.

17Murray insists on...Picard - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:50 am

wprager wrote:
towelie112 wrote:I'm glad to here that kuba waived a no-trade clause that makes me feel even better about the deal! In terms of skill this year he's equal to mez but really wanting to play for a team can be the difference between a 30 point season and 40+ point season.

Well, let's temper our expectations by remembering that Stillman, too, waived his NTC. Golf course and sunny weather aside, the two Florida teams aren't exactly a featured destination int he NHLPA quarterly glossy mag. And, besides, it's the start of the hurricane season.
Nawlins might get hit by another hurricane Crying

18Murray insists on...Picard - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:52 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Tukker wrote:
nope, i just moved from phoenix to sault ste marie, so i stayed up on night to get my sleep clock back workin :D

Just like Kevin Lee Smile Welcome back.

19Murray insists on...Picard - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:56 am

wprager wrote:
Tukker wrote:
nope, i just moved from phoenix to sault ste marie, so i stayed up on night to get my sleep clock back workin :D

Just like Kevin Lee Smile Welcome back.
please, don't compare me to KLee. and ya, great to be back in Canada

20Murray insists on...Picard - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:06 am

"'Andrej is an elite player, though, no doubt about it," Lawton said. "He's at a higher level than Filip is now. That's no disrespect to Filip, who is a tremendous player in the league.'"

If I was Murray, I would email this quote to Kuba and post it in his locker during training camp. If the guy has any self-respect, he will respond in a very strong way, to words likes that.

21Murray insists on...Picard - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:48 am

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

cash wrote:"'Andrej is an elite player, though, no doubt about it," Lawton said. "He's at a higher level than Filip is now. That's no disrespect to Filip, who is a tremendous player in the league.'"

If I was Murray, I would email this quote to Kuba and post it in his locker during training camp. If the guy has any self-respect, he will respond in a very strong way, to words likes that.

Hey that kind of reminds me of how we motivated Pittsburgh last playoffs with that massive poster depicting them shaking hands after losing in 5 games the year before. I like it.

22Murray insists on...Picard - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:50 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:"'Andrej is an elite player, though, no doubt about it," Lawton said. "He's at a higher level than Filip is now. That's no disrespect to Filip, who is a tremendous player in the league.'"

Yeah, that's gonna be remembered for sure. Mind you Murray also said that Mez's last two seasons 'left a lot to be desired'.

23Murray insists on...Picard - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:07 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:

Yeah, that's gonna be remembered for sure. Mind you Murray also said that Mez's last two seasons 'left a lot to be desired'.

He's right, too. Mesz was not spectaclar over the past two seasons. That's in all probability why Murray refused to give him a long-term deal worth major dollars.

Of course, playing with an uninspired Wade Redden probably didn't help his case. Still, the truth is that the jury is still out on Mesz as to whether he can progress to the next level. Loads of potential, that guy, but he hasn't really improved from year one to year three. Some would say he's gotten worse, in fact.

24Murray insists on...Picard - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
He's right, too. Mesz was not spectaclar over the past two seasons. That's in all probability why Murray refused to give him a long-term deal worth major dollars.

Of course, playing with an uninspired Wade Redden probably didn't help his case. Still, the truth is that the jury is still out on Mesz as to whether he can progress to the next level. Loads of potential, that guy, but he hasn't really improved from year one to year three. Some would say he's gotten worse, in fact.

For sure he's digressed. Wade Redden is still a really good hockey player, not elite any more, but really good. He's better than anything TB has - including Ranger, so this is gonna be interesting to see how Mez reacts when teams are focussing in on him and laying the body on him at every turn.

I have a feeling there will be issues. He might have an incredible first 10 games, then reality might start to set it a little.

25Murray insists on...Picard - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:30 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

For sure he's digressed. Wade Redden is still a really good hockey player, not elite any more, but really good. He's better than anything TB has - including Ranger, so this is gonna be interesting to see how Mez reacts when teams are focussing in on him and laying the body on him at every turn.

I have a feeling there will be issues. He might have an incredible first 10 games, then reality might start to set it a little.

Bang on! I think once the feeling of it being 'new', so to speak, wears off and angry forwards start pummeling him into the boards, the Mezaros that we as Sens fan saw the last 2 seasons will rear his head.

As Senschirp mentioned, I LOVE this trade and move, and even though some of my opinion is based on speculation, I was told by a few close friends and friends close to the situation that Mezie was a distraction in the room and did not exactly epidemize "team player," so once again Murray is still febreezing the dressing room which I think should be commended.

Now, more than ever, I am so excited to see this squad hit the ice!

26Murray insists on...Picard - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:34 pm

Sens4thecup

Rookie
Rookie

Hi Guys!

I love this trade. Now I wonder if Murray is finished re-tooling this team? Will Picard start with the Sens or in Bingo?

27Murray insists on...Picard - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sens4thecup wrote:Hi Guys!

I love this trade. Now I wonder if Murray is finished re-tooling this team? Will Picard start with the Sens or in Bingo?

I dunno...I have a feeling that we'll see something else. Perhaps Glen Murray or Mark Parrish? That would make this team really competitive this year. I would approve.

28Murray insists on...Picard - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:41 pm

504Heater wrote:

I dunno...I have a feeling that we'll see something else. Perhaps Glen Murray or Mark Parrish? That would make this team really competitive this year. I would approve.
shannahan? is he a possibility? confused

29Murray insists on...Picard - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:59 pm

Money Farmer

Money Farmer
Prospect
Prospect

Great trade! Mez was not worth the jack he wanted & we get an equal to replace him, a solid prospect & a 1st Rounder. Bryan done good!!

8)

http://www.investorsgroup.com/consult/tim.frisby/english/default

30Murray insists on...Picard - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:14 pm

Money Farmer wrote:Great trade! Mez was not worth the jack he wanted & we get an equal to replace him, a solid prospect & a 1st Rounder. Bryan done good!!

8)
mez will be a star in the future

31Murray insists on...Picard - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tukker wrote:
504Heater wrote:

I can't imagine him playing for less than 3 million, and that's too much for us. But I guess we'd be shedding some salary.

Still, I doubt it.

32Murray insists on...Picard - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:24 pm

towelie112

towelie112
Rookie
Rookie

504Heater wrote:
Tukker wrote:
504Heater wrote:

I can't imagine him playing for less than 3 million, and that's too much for us. But I guess we'd be shedding some salary.

Still, I doubt it.

Parrish is probably closer to are price range but i think murray is done unless he wants to upgrade are goaltending but that's probably not going to happen.

33Murray insists on...Picard - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:30 pm

towelie112 wrote:
504Heater wrote:
Tukker wrote:
504Heater wrote:

Still, I doubt it.

Parrish is probably closer to are price range but i think murray is done unless he wants to upgrade are goaltending but that's probably not going to happen.
i don't see who would be a major upgrade in goal that we could realistically afford 🇳🇴

Last edited by Tukker on Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum