GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rumour: Kovalev to Columbus for Peca and Picard

+13
caissie_1
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
smash88
Riprock
davetherave
SensGirl11
shabbs
PKC
SensFan71
Cronie
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Kovalev to Columbus for Peca and Picard is the whirling rumour on Montreal radio and talk shows. If you believe what they're saying, the deal is happening as we speak.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Will Peca and Picard really help the Habs?
And Kovalev will NOT help the Jackets cause at all IMHO.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Pecker would be okay, but Montreal seems to be sliding down a slope. I like it!

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I always found Peca to be overrated personally. but if he can contribute (assuming this is legit) and Gainey believes he can, then all the power to ya Habs fans... OLE OLE OLE to that! LOL

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not even sure if it's legit, we'll know soon enough I guess.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm not holding my breath personally.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

to get Kovalev out of Montreal for anything would be a dream for Gainey, the guy is poison, ship him to the KHL.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Do the Columbus Blue Jackets really want Kovalev?

I thought Picard (their's not our's...obviously) was a quality prospect? Why would any team send a quality prospect to MTL for a headcase who is being asked to stay home when the team is in a freefall? Thats highway robbery.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Kovalev would only ruin Nash with his freaking locker room antics, and if you don't give Kovalev the C, he is going to whine and pucker.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PKC wrote:Do the Columbus Blue Jackets really want Kovalev?
They're desperate to make the post season and need some fire power. Kovalev is a UFA after this season. He's got a $4.5M cap hit right now. Columbus would take a pro-rated hit of course and he'd be the mother of all gamble rentals, that is for sure.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's hilarious in a way that Kovalev is being described as the "Ray Emery" of the Habs dressing room...

Seriously, are the Jackets THAT desperate?

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
PKC wrote:Do the Columbus Blue Jackets really want Kovalev?
They're desperate to make the post season and need some fire power. Kovalev is a UFA after this season. He's got a $4.5M cap hit right now. Columbus would take a pro-rated hit of course and he'd be the mother of all gamble rentals, that is for sure.

If he was just a skilled player struggling, perhaps that would be the case. But for a guy who's been asked to stay home by his current team indicates that he has underlying problems that extend outside the realm of producing points.

So the gamble essentially expands to encompass attitude as well as inconsistent production.

So again, do the Columbus Blue Jackets really want Kovalev?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cronenbergfan wrote:It's hilarious in a way that Kovalev is being described as the "Ray Emery" of the Habs dressing room...

Seriously, are the Jackets THAT desperate?
They gotta be if this is true and it happens. That would be one big gamble.

8 years and no post season... I guess the pressure is mounting in Columbus.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PKC wrote:So again, do the Columbus Blue Jackets really want Kovalev?
Who knows... I know I would certainly not want him. I'm assuming Columbus knows what they'd be getting. And they only have one other Russian on their team - Fedor Tyutin - maybe they're thinking he can help. I dunno. Seems very odd.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum