GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rumour: Kovalev to Columbus for Peca and Picard

+13
caissie_1
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
smash88
Riprock
davetherave
SensGirl11
shabbs
PKC
SensFan71
Cronie
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh man, Neil plus a 2nd and I'm absolutely all over it. Please do it Murray, I've wanted this guy forever.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

504Heater wrote:Oh man, Neil plus a 2nd and I'm absolutely all over it. Please do it Murray, I've wanted this guy forever.

That would make the most sense to me. I'm pretty sure SJ is a team that would pay a premium for Neil.

caissie_1

Veteran
Veteran

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/269467.html

In this article Kovalev says that he wouldn't be surprised to not play after the road trip and also would not be surprised if he were traded. At the very end of the article he say's he would definetly not play in Montreal next season. It's in french sorry about that.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

caissie_1 wrote:http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/269467.html

In this article Kovalev says that he wouldn't be surprised to not play after the road trip and also would not be surprised if he were traded. At the very end of the article he say's he would definetly not play in Montreal next season. It's in french sorry about that.
Translated to English:

http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rds.ca%2Fcanadien%2Fchroniques%2F269467.html&sl=fr&tl=en&history_state0=

Gotta love Google.

Flo The Action wrote:posible UFA's instead of kovy :

my favourite:
Mike KnubleRW2,800,000
havlat
money sure to come down(way to many injuries for him to be at 6 mill)
Mike Cammalleri3,600,000
(although i think his stock is going up and the flames will probably re-sign him)
Viktor Kozlov

Cammalleri will be getting 4.5M+ with the season he's having.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

RobbyJ wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:posible UFA's instead of kovy :

my favourite:
Mike KnubleRW2,800,000
havlat
money sure to come down(way to many injuries for him to be at 6 mill)
Mike Cammalleri3,600,000
(although i think his stock is going up and the flames will probably re-sign him)
Viktor Kozlov

Cammalleri will be getting 4.5M+ with the season he's having.
and thats about the same kovy is getting. so i'd take him over kovy but i seriously think the flames will re-sign him.

cheechoo? really?
i don't know... that my friends is a gamble... the guy had one season where he overplayed and had 93 points and since it's been a steady decline...
even if you did get him against neil he'd be using knuble's money(well the one he'll be making in ottawa)

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I dont know about those Sharks over achiever. Every player that plays with Thornton has carreer highs Rolling Eyes

bravenash55

Prospect
Prospect

Umm this deal seems weird. i dont think this is true..becz i dont think peca and picard can help montreal, if it is true and the deal happens that was a stupid deal for montreal becz kovalev is a good player. but i personally think peca is overrated, and picard isnt that good in the 1st place. i think it would be a good accet for columbus but not for montreal.. montreal seems to be in a slump and i dont think peca could help that much to get them out of the slump..but i hope this trade happens, being a columbus fan i would hope it happens and hepls them make the playoffs :D

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Kovalev isn't going anywhere. Sitting him is the only way to "suspend" him for poor play. I applaud the Canadiens for showing a little moxie with their Kovalev and Kostistin moves

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I had to laugh when I heard Keith Jones last night say Kovalev is gone and there are GM's lining up to snag him...
Give me a break, if they have an inkling of his comments and such, Gainey is definitely dealing from pure weakness and chances are, he will be pillaged, not rewarded for moving Kovalev...

Chances are, if Kovalev was serious when he said he has NO interest in re-signing or playing another game as a Hab, I think there's a good chance Gainey will lose him for nothing...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Keith Jones has a funny head. Kinda normal, but looks squashed ever so slightly.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

well said SSF. Plus, Kovalev has an NTC...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cronenbergfan wrote:well said SSF. Plus, Kovalev has an NTC...

Yeah that's what I meant to say with the "Keith Jones is funny lookin'" remark.

I don't think the NTC is an issue at this point. Kovalev seems to have a displaced sense of pride.

Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter
Rookie
Rookie

bump. interesting to read now that kovalev is on our team.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cronie wrote:It's hilarious in a way that Kovalev is being described as the "Ray Emery" of the Habs dressing room...

Seriously, are the Jackets THAT desperate?
Heh heh. And then we signed him.

Dragging this old thread out is the equivalent of all of us standing around and kicking each other in the balls.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum