GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rumour: Kovalev to Columbus for Peca and Picard

+13
caissie_1
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
smash88
Riprock
davetherave
SensGirl11
shabbs
PKC
SensFan71
Cronie
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Id take him at 2 years, 4-4.5 mil. Why not. Thats what? 2 mil more than Vermette makes and he does all the things he does.

You committ two years to a guy that could very well put up 100 points or allow 3 others guys to do that.

Add a stud D man in there with solid goaltending that we hope for (thats the wild card), cup final isnt that long of a shot.

It all depends what happens between now and July 1. It may not even be a consideration if a few big guns are dealt.

I think at 2 years, $4 million per, I'd be inclined to sign him. Move Fisher to the top line, put Foligno with Alfredsson and Kovalev. Put Zubov with Kelly and Vermette. Looks pretty good assuming everyone produces to their ability.

I wouldt split up that Fisher line if they continue to play like this. Maybe you put a guy like Vermette and Kelly with Kovalev. Even give Regin the chance with the guy.

Checking like would be Bass, Donavan, Winchester. Something like that, im not gonna get into a whole lineup thing, but it could work with the right pieces.

Defense is still the number 1 concern.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:Id take him at 2 years, 4-4.5 mil. Why not. Thats what? 2 mil more than Vermette makes and he does all the things he does.

Uh...they're pretty different. I wouldn't expect to see Kovalev killing penalties or being a top 5 face off man. He'd put up more points though of course.

Kovalev kills penalties. Good at it as well.

If you had a guy liek Regin paired with him, that would only help that kid gain confidence and develope at a faster rate.

Anyways, I just threw that out there.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Because I haven't in a while:

Heatley (7.5) - Spezza (7) - Foligno (0.85)
Kovalev (4) - Fisher (4.2) - Alfredsson (4.339)
Shannon** (0.85) - Kelly (2.125) - Vermette (2.763)
Ruutu (1.3) - Winchester (0.55) - Donovan (0.625)
Extras: Bass, Zubov, Regin, McAmmond (if re-signed), Neil (if re-signed)

Volchenkov (2.5) - Bouwmeester (6.75)
Phillips (3.5) - Lee (1.25)
Picard (0.8) - Smith (2.6)

Extras: Bell, Karlsson, Karlsson, first round pick (if a defenseman)

Elliott (1)
Auld (1)

Total: 55.502 + Emery buyout
Could get dicey, but that lineup looks solid.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I never really thought of Kovalev admittedly, probably because I'm sure he's going to the Pens, but he would create time and space for the skill we already have.

PKC wrote:Because I haven't in a while:

Elliott (1)
Auld (1)

Alfi makes 5 plus next year. Anyways, no one knows whats going to happen tomorrow let alone next year. I just like Kovy as a 2nd line player with some tallent around him.

Kovy could do his thing in Ottawa while I rip on Spezza.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:Because I haven't in a while:

Elliott (1)
Auld (1)

No way! i can think of much better ways to spend 4 mill then on kovy, but i like the room you left for jay bo :D

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

posible UFA's instead of kovy :

my favourite:
Mike KnubleRW2,800,000
havlat
money sure to come down(way to many injuries for him to be at 6 mill)
Mike Cammalleri3,600,000
(although i think his stock is going up and the flames will probably re-sign him)
Viktor Kozlov

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:posible UFA's instead of kovy :

my favourite:
Mike KnubleRW2,800,000
havlat
Mike Cammalleri3,600,000
(although i think his stock is going up and the flames will probably re-sign him)
Viktor Kozlov

Nice names there. I dig Knuble, in particular. Unless we move salary out, I don't see anyone of consequence coming in.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

well with gerber moving out and some trades coming and going(possibly around the trade deadline, i think that could happen.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:well with gerber moving out and some trades coming and going(possibly around the trade deadline, i think that could happen.

It will definitely be an interesting summer.. I'm excited for next year already, hopefully we get some nice new young blood for next season and compete again! :D

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:posible UFA's instead of kovy :

my favourite:
Mike KnubleRW2,800,000
havlat
Mike Cammalleri3,600,000
Viktor Kozlov

How about Cheechoo, currently making $3 mil and being seriously misused on the 3rd line in SJ? The great thing about that guy is that, whatever's wrong with him right now (lack of opportunity? fluke?), it has nothing to do with effort. Cheechoo's got Mike Fisher heart levels, but with much better finish. He would be great on a line with either Spezza or Alfie. My guess is he'll be available for about what he's making now, too, if not less.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
How about Cheechoo, currently making $3 mil and being seriously misused on the 3rd line in SJ? The great thing about that guy is that, whatever's wrong with him right now (lack of opportunity? fluke?), it has nothing to do with effort. Cheechoo's got Mike Fisher heart levels, but with much better finish. He would be great on a line with either Spezza or Alfie. My guess is he'll be available for about what he's making now, too, if not less.

PRE-EDIT: He's got 2 years left on his 3 million per just in case you didn't realize. Smile

Please! What would it take to get him from SJ though? Vermette minimum. 2nd rounder on draft day? SJ's 1st rounder (haha)? I'm willing to pay for Cheechoo. Really I am.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Please! What would it take to get him from SJ though? Vermette minimum. 2nd rounder on draft day? SJ's 1st rounder (haha)? I'm willing to pay for Cheechoo. Really I am.

Oh, sorry, I meant, "let's look into signing him next year, when he's a UFA." SJS will almost certainly not sign him, and I can't imagine why he'd want to go back.

I don't want to part with assets now to get him. We'll have a chance come July.

EDIT: oops, for some reason, I thought he was in the last year of his deal... hrmmm. I'm still interested. My offer is Neil plus a mid-level pick or prospect. Nothing too big. Neil helps them this year in the playoffs, the pick helps them long term, especially after losing their first this year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh man, Neil plus a 2nd and I'm absolutely all over it. Please do it Murray, I've wanted this guy forever.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

504Heater wrote:Oh man, Neil plus a 2nd and I'm absolutely all over it. Please do it Murray, I've wanted this guy forever.

That would make the most sense to me. I'm pretty sure SJ is a team that would pay a premium for Neil.

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/269467.html

In this article Kovalev says that he wouldn't be surprised to not play after the road trip and also would not be surprised if he were traded. At the very end of the article he say's he would definetly not play in Montreal next season. It's in french sorry about that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum