GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Murray insists on...Picard

+10
Phoenix30
Sensational Spezza
Money Farmer
Sens4thecup
Cronie
rooneypoo
wprager
towelie112
beerandsens
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Murray insists on...Picard Empty Murray insists on...Picard Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:22 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tampa Bay paid a price in the Friday night trade with the Senators, giving up veteran defensemen Filip Kuba, who waived a no-trade clause, up-and-coming defenseman Alex Picard, and the Sharks' 2009 first-round draft pick acquired in the Dan Boyle deal.

So Ottawa dealt and, Lawton said, insisted on Picard, 23, who impressed in 20 games last season after being acquired from the Flyers in the Vinny Prospal deal.

"Alex had done nothing but improve his fortunes and his reputation around the league since he came to Tampa," Lawton said. "I have no doubt he's going to be a heck of a player for the Ottawa Senators. They were insistent upon him. We didn't want to trade him. But like I said, you have to give up good pieces to get a player like Andrej."

From the St.Petersburg Times

Full article:

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hockey/lightning/article790337.ece

Lawton also calls Mez basically Bobby Orr in the article, but for what it's worth, Kuba waived his NTC clause to come here - which makes me like him even more - and Murray insisted on Picard. This is a guy he wants on our blueline.

Last edited by 504Heater on Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total

2Murray insists on...Picard Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:24 am

all hail murray

3Murray insists on...Picard Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:26 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tukker wrote:all hail murray

...we hope. Smile

4Murray insists on...Picard Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:32 am

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

504Heater wrote:Tampa Bay paid a price in the Friday night trade with the Senators, giving up veteran defensemen Filip Kuba, who waived a no-trade clause, up-and-coming defenseman Alex Picard, and the Sharks' 2009 first-round draft pick acquired in the Dan Boyle deal.

So Ottawa dealt and, Lawton said, insisted on Picard, 23, who impressed in 20 games last season after being acquired from the Flyers in the Vinny Prospal deal.

"Alex had done nothing but improve his fortunes and his reputation around the league since he came to Tampa," Lawton said. "I have no doubt he's going to be a heck of a player for the Ottawa Senators. They were insistent upon him. We didn't want to trade him. But like I said, you have to give up good pieces to get a player like Andrej."

From the St.Petersburg Times

Full article:

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hockey/lightning/article790337.ece

Lawton also calls Mez basically Bobby Orr in the article, but for what it's worth, Kuba waived his NTC clause to come here - which makes me like him even more - and Murray insisted on Picard. This is a guy he wants on our blueline.

Nice find on this article Heater! I like hearing another perspective like that. Maybe we can win this one short term and long term.

5Murray insists on...Picard Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:32 am

towelie112

towelie112
Rookie
Rookie

I'm glad to here that kuba waived a no-trade clause that makes me feel even better about the deal! In terms of skill this year he's equal to mez but really wanting to play for a team can be the difference between a 30 point season and 40+ point season.

6Murray insists on...Picard Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:36 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

beerandsens wrote:
Nice find on this article Heater! I like hearing another perspective like that. Maybe we can win this one short term and long term.

Unless he's full of beans and was paying Picard lip service. But then again...from what I hear from TB fans, they're not wholly impressed to lose him. So I like that Murray wanted him and that at least it made an impact on the fans as well when they lost him.

Bodes well.

7Murray insists on...Picard Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:42 am

504Heater wrote:
beerandsens wrote:

Unless he's full of beans and was paying Picard lip service. But then again...from what I hear from TB fans, they're not wholly impressed to lose him. So I like that Murray wanted him and that at least it made an impact on the fans as well when they lost him.

Bodes well.
we lose a big potential and gain a big potential *shrug*

8Murray insists on...Picard Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:44 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tukker wrote:we lose a big potential and gain a big potential *shrug*

Well let's not get too carried away... :D

9Murray insists on...Picard Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:45 am

504Heater wrote:

i believe that

10Murray insists on...Picard Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:12 am

Tukker wrote:
504Heater wrote:

i believe that
kinda 🇳🇴

11Murray insists on...Picard Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:46 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tukker wrote:
Tukker wrote:
504Heater wrote:

i believe that
kinda 🇳🇴

Man, you're up till quarter to 2, then up again at 5 AM. Are you "working" the night shift, new baby or new puppy in the house?

12Murray insists on...Picard Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:48 am

wprager wrote:
Tukker wrote:
Tukker wrote:
504Heater wrote:

i believe that
kinda 🇳🇴

Man, you're up till quarter to 2, then up again at 5 AM. Are you "working" the night shift, new baby or new puppy in the house?
nope, i just moved from phoenix to sault ste marie, so i stayed up on night to get my sleep clock back workin :D

13Murray insists on...Picard Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:49 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

towelie112 wrote:I'm glad to here that kuba waived a no-trade clause that makes me feel even better about the deal! In terms of skill this year he's equal to mez but really wanting to play for a team can be the difference between a 30 point season and 40+ point season.

Well, let's temper our expectations by remembering that Stillman, too, waived his NTC. Golf course and sunny weather aside, the two Florida teams aren't exactly a featured destination int he NHLPA quarterly glossy mag. And, besides, it's the start of the hurricane season.

14Murray insists on...Picard Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:50 am

wprager wrote:
towelie112 wrote:I'm glad to here that kuba waived a no-trade clause that makes me feel even better about the deal! In terms of skill this year he's equal to mez but really wanting to play for a team can be the difference between a 30 point season and 40+ point season.

Well, let's temper our expectations by remembering that Stillman, too, waived his NTC. Golf course and sunny weather aside, the two Florida teams aren't exactly a featured destination int he NHLPA quarterly glossy mag. And, besides, it's the start of the hurricane season.
Nawlins might get hit by another hurricane Crying

15Murray insists on...Picard Empty Re: Murray insists on...Picard Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:52 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tukker wrote:
nope, i just moved from phoenix to sault ste marie, so i stayed up on night to get my sleep clock back workin :D

Just like Kevin Lee Smile Welcome back.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum