GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Formal Petition to Melnyk...Carrie Underwood must attend all Sens games

+6
wprager
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
Cronie
SensFan71
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There will never be a game that will ever measure up to Yoshi's Cookie.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Im still a huge FF fan and Ive played them all from the 4th to the 12th, but to be honest the best FF games (and j-rpgs in general) were during the PS1 era. The characters were fantastic. I liked FFX a lot, but FFXII was just so uncharming IMO. FFXI, no need to talk about. I still think the Personna games are the best rpgs on ps2.

The last trailer of FFXIII jsut blew my mind away, the ingame cinematics look nearly like FFX's CG affraid . I was inches from ordering that Advent children bluray for 60 bucks just to play the demo of FFXIII :lol!:

Last edited by marakh on Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:There will never be a game that will ever measure up to Yoshi's Cookie.

I am ashamed to say I never played, but I wanted to, that is for certain, I wanted to. was that on SNES or NES? if it is NES, I know of a website with all the old games in flash or java format.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Im still a huge FF fan and Ive played them all from the 4th to the 12th, but to be honest the best FF games were during the PS1 era. The characters were fantastic. I liked FFX a lot, but FFXII was just so uncharming IMO. FFXI, no need to talk about.

The last trailer of FFXIII jsut blew my mind away, the ingame cinematics look nearly like FFX's CG affraid . I was inches from ordering that Advent children bluray for 60 bucks just to play the demo of FFXIII :lol!:

I started much later in the franchise, my first was 8 and that one is still partially my favorite, more because of limit breaks, I could never do Zell's, but at Squall's, my ability was unmatched. I really want to go back to the beginning and start with # 1, but lack the hardware to do it. I really want to play # 7, I hear a lot of people saying it has the best story and best Aeon/Esper, being the Knights of the Round.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensFan71 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:There will never be a game that will ever measure up to Yoshi's Cookie.

I am ashamed to say I never played, but I wanted to, that is for certain, I wanted to. was that on SNES or NES? if it is NES, I know of a website with all the old games in flash or java format.

Successive gaming systems are a blur to me now.

Most exciting piece of hardware: Dreamcast. I loved that thing!!!

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:
marakh wrote:Im still a huge FF fan and Ive played them all from the 4th to the 12th, but to be honest the best FF games were during the PS1 era. The characters were fantastic. I liked FFX a lot, but FFXII was just so uncharming IMO. FFXI, no need to talk about.

I started much later in the franchise, my first was 8 and that one is still partially my favorite, more because of limit breaks, I could never do Zell's, but at Squall's, my ability was unmatched. I really want to go back to the beginning and start with # 1, but lack the hardware to do it. I really want to play # 7, I hear a lot of people saying it has the best story and best Aeon/Esper, being the Knights of the Round.

TBH, FF8 is the best FF ever made, IMO. I just dont know any Jrpg that look like it. The main characters were fantastic, Laguna is one of the most interesting characters Ive seen in a Jrpg. And that ending was epic.

FF7 is probably a better game. the reason is it is more oriented to a larger audience. THe game mechanics (materia) were nearly perfect, and the bad guy was top notch. BUT, if you want the knights of the round, you will have to do at least 10 hours of chocobo races (I spent DAYS :lol!: ) and it really pissed me off.
Bottom line, nothing can match Squall's final limit break, the card games, Laguna, Seifer, and the soundtrack of FF8.

Last edited by marakh on Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Successive gaming systems are a blur to me now.

Most exciting piece of hardware: Dreamcast. I loved that thing!!!

Dreamcast: Best line up of games ever made (Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Jet Set Radio, Soul Calibur...). I sitll cant believe it got killed by a PS2 with SSX as the only worth game playing during the ENTIRE first year 🇳🇴

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll got back to 8 and 9, I don't think I ever finished them.

And yes, Dreamcast was awesome!

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

ah crap, there was a game for the dreamcast that my buddy and I ADORED, and we can't find it ANYWHERE... I'll have to ask him what the title was, but it was the simplest race car-like game but your cars could fly and stuff, and do crazy-arse stunts... It was so addictive...

*sighs* ahh Dreamcast...how you were so young... Taken from us much too soon. Sad

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

SensFan71 wrote:well I am not certain if this is the place where the thread belongs, but figured I am raving about how Mike Fisher played last night and we all know it was due to Carrie Underwood being at the game last night (yes we did see you before you ducked)

If you heard me yesterday, I was definitely against her being there, call it not wanting Fisher to succumb to "Romo-ism", but instead, it was the exact opposite, from what I saw, Fisher played one of his best games all year and was unrelenting on Nashville.

So now I need someone that can draft up a legal business proposal to Mr. Melnyk stating that he should pay Carrie Underwood to attend all Ottawa games, home or road games, he can use some of the money saved on Emery and Gerber to make it worth her while since she won't be able to tour much.

I think ECB (name dropper) said the same thing last night. It's a good thing my TV is worth some money or I would drop kick it listening to him....

With Carrie Underwood as the team's good luck charm, anything is possible.

PS got to love the Fisher-Shannon-Foligno line, IMHO, they are playing better than the big 3.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Cronenbergfan wrote:ah crap, there was a game for the dreamcast that my buddy and I ADORED, and we can't find it ANYWHERE... I'll have to ask him what the title was, but it was the simplest race car-like game but your cars could fly and stuff, and do crazy-arse stunts... It was so addictive...

*sighs* ahh Dreamcast...how you were so young... Taken from us much too soon. Sad

Wacky races?

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

TBH, FF8 is the best FF ever made, IMO. I just dont know any Jrpg that look like it. The main characters were fantastic, Laguna is one of the most interesting characters Ive seen in a Jrpg. And that ending was epic.

FF7 is probably a better game. the reason is it is more oriented to a larger audience. THe game mechanics (materia) were nearly perfect, and the bad guy was top notch. BUT, if you want the knights of the round, you will have to do at least 10 hours of chocobo races (I spent DAYS :lol!: ) and it really pissed me off.
Bottom line, nothing can match Squall's final limit break, the card games, Laguna, Seifer, and the soundtrack of FF8.

those damn birds always come back to haunt me, hours on hours was spent on the damn race from FFX to get the main character's final weapon, compare that to a little over an hour for the butterfly gathering. I definitely need to give FF7 a try, which will help me understand the second part of FF 13, which is supposed to be a continuation of FF7 if I am not mistaken. I did get FF7 - Dirge Of Cerberus, but really haven't gotten into that one yet. I would love to see a revamped FF Tactics released though on Playstation, not the portable version though or on DS, I dislike handheld consoles.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:
marakh wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

those damn birds always come back to haunt me, hours on hours was spent on the damn race from FFX to get the main character's final weapon, compare that to a little over an hour for the butterfly gathering. I definitely need to give FF7 a try, which will help me understand the second part of FF 13, which is supposed to be a continuation of FF7 if I am not mistaken. I did get FF7 - Dirge Of Cerberus, but really haven't gotten into that one yet. I would love to see a revamped FF Tactics released though on Playstation, not the portable version though or on DS, I dislike handheld consoles.

Are you talking about FF Versus XIII? It is not related to FFVII. There's also Advent Children, its a movie in complete CG, and it's the sequel to FFVII.

There is an excelletn game on PS3 called Valkyria Chronicles. It's strategic RPG like FFTactics, but in total 3D. And Freakin gorgeous too. I dont think we will ever see FFtactics in 3D on new gen consoles. Squarenix makes too much money on handheld remakes, they just dont want to invest money on remakes that will cost them too much money.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

yeah that was the one I was referring too, guess I heard that wrong then, have any more espers come out yet for the FF13, I saw Carbuncle, Shiva, and Ifrit, but no more. Valkyria Chronicles, have to remember that one.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Is Carrie Underwood in any of those games? Didn't think so. Let's get this thread back to the business at hand.

Now post some pics, dang it!

Last edited by wprager on Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Haha. I was waiting for someone to say that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Formal Petition to Melnyk...Carrie Underwood must attend all Sens games - Page 3 Carrie-underwood-good

Formal Petition to Melnyk...Carrie Underwood must attend all Sens games - Page 3 Sexy_carrie_underwood

Formal Petition to Melnyk...Carrie Underwood must attend all Sens games - Page 3 Carrie_underwood_300x400

Formal Petition to Melnyk...Carrie Underwood must attend all Sens games - Page 3 Carrie%20Underwood

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

In pics one and two, her yum yums are...special. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum