GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All 82 Sens games to be broadcast for 1st time ever!

+4
SensHulk
PKC
SensGirl11
Riprock
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

With the release of the Rogers Sportsnet Sens broadcast schedule, combined with coverage from TSN/CBC/etc, all 82 regular season Senators games will be televised.

http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=536655

Still doesn't help those out of town market residents like moi.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

All 82 Sens games to be broadcast for 1st time ever! 649241 SWEET!!!! Does that mean there will be 0 Sens games on Centre Ice? I think we only got 3 Sens games on CI last year. And there were about 4 games that we had to listen to on the radio from what I remember.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

No, CI will carry all Sportsnet games, because they blackout other regions. So if you are in Sens region, you will get the game on Sportsnet, but if you are, like me, in an out of market region, then the game is blacked out and you would have to subscribe to NHL Centre Ice.

Centre Ice only blacks out games that are National. So if TSN has the game, CI will not, same with CBC (because CBC and TSN do not black out games).

It's stupid. If you are in Ottawa and the game is on Snet-E, you will see it on Snet-E, and if you have NHL CI, it will be blacked out on CI (it will say you can watch it on Snet-E).

Last edited by Dash on Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Halle-Cussing-lujah! I don't ever want to be told again that I can't watch one of their games. We're well in to the 21st century, it's about time they started acting like it.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

That explains a lot, thanks Dash!

I never understood why we barely got any Sens games on CI...I finally understand. All 82 Sens games to be broadcast for 1st time ever! 54934

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

So those out of town games vs. Islanders or Atlanta will be broadcast.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Finally!

I'm also happy that they're not forcing tickets down our throats anymore. Not everyone can afford to go to games, and it's very far from most places in the city. It takes us a good 40-45 minutes to get there and then even more time to get home. It gets pretty late on weekdays when you have to work. I hated that they wouldn't air home games a lot of the times because they wanted to sell more tickets.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:That explains a lot, thanks Dash!

I never understood why we barely got any Sens games on CI...I finally understand. All 82 Sens games to be broadcast for 1st time ever! 54934

You're welcome.... I have become an expert on this since I have had heated discussion with Bell over it. They say the NHL controls everything, yet Bell is the one that is actually restricting the access. When I had FTA (Free to Air) I could get every Bell channel for example. So it's the subscription package in the receiver that is prohibiting viewers based on location. I wonder if you changed your address if you could bypass it... hehe. It's probably like what ISP's do for region blocking.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:Finally!

I'm also happy that they're not forcing tickets down our throats anymore. Not everyone can afford to go to games, and it's very far from most places in the city. It takes us a good 40-45 minutes to get there and then even more time to get home. It gets pretty late on weekdays when you have to work. I hated that they wouldn't air home games a lot of the times because they wanted to sell more tickets.

I can't help you with the distance problem, but you can occasionally get good deals on tickets. Don't know if they still have the deal or not, but students could get last minute tickets for $17 a few years ago. Then there's the Coke Zero zone for like $25 or so (alcohol prohibited in that section).

As for parking, I have been parking in the gravel park area close to Terry Fox and Silver Seven Rd (I think?). It's the parking lot for the path/park that connects to KRC. It's about a 10-min walk from there and by the time you get back to your car, you'd be lucky to have gotten out of the SBP parking lot by then. Or if you are worried about parking there, I have used the KRC parking itself. And then there's the Sensplex if you are lucky.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

"Forty of those games will air on Sportsnet East, with the other 12 being offered up on Sportsnet Sens, a companion digital channel to the recently launched Sportsnet ONE."

huh? I don't get this...

EDIT: I should read thoroughly. Looks like if you subscribe to SN1, then you automatically get this channel, which I'm sure is only active when the sens play a game.

"When subscribers purchase Sportsnet ONE, they'll also automatically receive Sportsnet Sens, where they'll find the 12 games, starting Oct. 11 in Washington against Alex Ovechkin and the Capitals. Currently, the new channel is only available to Rogers customers, but negotiations are underway to find a home for Sportsnet ONE on Bell TV, Shaw Direct (formerly Star Choice), Videotron, Cogeco and other cable companies within the Senators broadcast region, which stretches from Peterborough all the way east to the Atlantic provinces."

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Still means nothing for me... it will be the same story as all of Sportsnet, in that you must be in Sens Region (East) to get the games, otherwise it's CI.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:With the release of the Rogers Sportsnet Sens broadcast schedule, combined with coverage from TSN/CBC/etc, all 82 regular season Senators games will be televised.

http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=536655

Still doesn't help those out of town market residents like moi.

Or those of us with limited time to watch all of this.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:Finally!

I can't help you with the distance problem, but you can occasionally get good deals on tickets. Don't know if they still have the deal or not, but students could get last minute tickets for $17 a few years ago. Then there's the Coke Zero zone for like $25 or so (alcohol prohibited in that section).

As for parking, I have been parking in the gravel park area close to Terry Fox and Silver Seven Rd (I think?). It's the parking lot for the path/park that connects to KRC. It's about a 10-min walk from there and by the time you get back to your car, you'd be lucky to have gotten out of the SBP parking lot by then. Or if you are worried about parking there, I have used the KRC parking itself. And then there's the Sensplex if you are lucky.

The problem is for those of us with kids. I've got three that would want to go. Last year I got the Metro Family Four-Pack and it was a fantastic deal -- $99 for four tickets and four coupons for hot dogs and drinks. Still, that's a $100 and the hot dog/drink is not enough to satisfy. And with two 7 year olds I couldn't really risk a 10 minute walk in the dark, almost 2 hours past their bed time.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

so there's no excuses, i should be able to stream all these games. yes! Ahhhhh!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wonder if there will be a TSN2-style spat involving Sportsnet One and Bell ExpressVu?

Last edited by SeawaySensFan on Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum