GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa - Toronto Rumour

+20
shabbs
Vandelay
Nasty Nas
asq2
SensGirl11
dennycrane
Mojo
Cronie
BigRig
Sens4thecup
Snuh
PKC
rooneypoo
mattshock
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
beedub
PTFlea
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

61Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 5 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:36 am

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

Or you could always put a Kuba or an Alfredsson or a Schubert (if he ever plays). Audition roles for God sake. Anything to get Chris Phillips off of the second unit PP.

62Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 5 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:38 am

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:

Karberle has been decent. He needs a guy on the PP with a big shot like McCabe had though to be at his best. I am not sure we have that guy. We have guys who can shoot hard and we have guys who can shoot accurately but not both at least not on the blueline.

If I was Edmonton I would be making a pitch for Kaberle. Put him with Souray and their PP would be golden.

EDM already has Visnovski and Gilbert (who, it seems, is grossly underrated) to pair up with Souray. They really don't need any more offensive Ds.

Kaberle would be a great add for us. He's pretty much just what we need, and at a good salary price. If something like SJS's 1st and Lee would get it done, I'd do it. I'm just not sure if that would be enough, or if they'd really want another D coming back.

Now that we've mentioned Souray, has anyone seen his stats this year? He is tearing Dung up.

23 GP, 8 G, 12 A, 8 PPP

Last edited by PKC on Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total

63Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 5 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:38 am

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:Or you could always put a Kuba or an Alfredsson or a Schubert (if he ever plays). Audition roles for God sake. Anything to get Chris Phillips off of the second unit PP.

That problem has been solved. We just need a healthy line up again to put it back in place:

1st PP D pairing: Kuba - Fisher
2nd PP D paring: Bell - Picard

64Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 5 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:40 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I might even go with Bell on the 1st PP and put Fisher on the 2nd with Picard.

65Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 5 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:45 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:I might even go with Bell on the 1st PP and put Fisher on the 2nd with Picard.

Really? I like Fisher a lot on the point -- and I was calling for it back in the summer. He's got a big shot, he moves the puck decently, and he skates fast enough and is physical and defensive-minded enough to really limit any short-handed attempts.

I think it's good, too, to put him in position that might help further jump start his season, points-wise. Anything to get him to start living up, offensively, to that new contract is a good thing, in my books.

66Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 5 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:07 pm

bluewhiteandgolf

bluewhiteandgolf
Prospect
Prospect

rooneypoo wrote:
PKC wrote:I might even go with Bell on the 1st PP and put Fisher on the 2nd with Picard.

Really? I like Fisher a lot on the point -- and I was calling for it back in the summer. He's got a big shot, he moves the puck decently, and he skates fast enough and is physical and defensive-minded enough to really limit any short-handed attempts.

I think it's good, too, to put him in position that might help further jump start his season, points-wise. Anything to get him to start living up, offensively, to that new contract is a good thing, in my books.

how about converting fish to our PMD???

67Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 5 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:13 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

am definitely up for anything that involves Kaberle coming to Ottawa, as long as the price is decent, and from what I have read, no one mentioned his NTC, would he actually waive it to come to Ottawa?? Burke could strong arm him into it I suppose by benching him, but that isn't his decision either. Toskala, forget it, we don't want his man purse in the nation's capital.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum